Metal Storm logo
Eucharist - The true Pioneers of Melodic Death Metal (with ATG..)

09.01.2008 - 14:28
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Alright finally I have permissions to create threads, and now it's about time to clear you people up who praise In Flames and Dark Tranquillity as the godfathers of melodic death metal. Not only did At The Gates obviously pioneer this genre, there was also Eucharist, who remain mainly unknown to the metalword. Their debut release, the "Greeting Immortality" EP got released in 1992 and was ahead of it's time. While most death metal bands of this era tried to play as brutal as possible and just grind the living shit out of themself, Eucharist, At The Gates and Unanimated tried something different and added never heard melodies to their music. After the Greeting Immortality EP, Eucharist have released two more albums to come. Though I like their debut album "A Velvet Creation" more then their second album "Mirrorworlds", I'm sure most of the "In Flames/Dark Tranquillity Melo-Death"-Fans will like their second album more. But to all the old school death metal fans out there, I recommend you to, if you don't know this band already, to check their debut album first.

All their albums are free and legal to download from their homepage.

Greeting Immortality MP3 (Taken from A Velvet Creation)
March of Insurrection MP3 (Taken from A Velvet Creation)
Mirrorworld MP3 (Taken from Mirrorworlds)

Metal-Archives Page
09.01.2008 - 15:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know tham, I donload all albums form home page 4 years ago and I love this band, realy I love it its so good and awsome i acnt tell how much I like it but I know what i will do soon listen tham
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.01.2008 - 16:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 09.01.2008 at 14:28

Alright finally I have permissions to create threads, and now it's about time to clear you people up who praise In Flames and Dark Tranquillity as the godfathers of melodic death metal. Not only did At The Gates obviously pioneer this genre, there was also Eucharist, who remain mainly unknown to the metalword. Their debut release, the "Greeting Immortality" EP got released in 1992 and was ahead of it's time. While most death metal bands of this era tried to play as brutal as possible and just grind the living shit out of themself, Eucharist, At The Gates and Unanimated tried something different and added never heard melodies to their music. After the Greeting Immortality EP, Eucharist have released two more albums to come. Though I like their debut album "A Velvet Creation" more then their second album "Mirrorworlds", I'm sure most of the "In Flames/Dark Tranquillity Melo-Death"-Fans will like their second album more. But to all the old school death metal fans out there, I recommend you to, if you don't know this band already, to check their debut album first.

All their albums are free and legal to download from their homepage.

Greeting Immortality MP3 (Taken from A Velvet Creation)
March of Insurrection MP3 (Taken from A Velvet Creation)
Mirrorworld MP3 (Taken from Mirrorworlds)

Metal-Archives Page

Strange that they have the entire albums for legal download on their homepage cause you cans till find their full-lengths without too much trouble.

But, yeah, this is a great band and a true pioneer of Melodic Death Metal. Just ask the guys (especially Nikla Sundin) in Dark Tranquillity and they will agree totally.
I had more or less forgotten all about this band until Koen Romeijn (guitar/vox, Detonation) mentioned them, in the two-part interview I did with him, as his main influence on his guitar sound in Detonation.

Musically A Velvet Creation is their best but the production almost ruins it all for me. I would have preferred it if that one had the production of Mirrorworld instead.

They wer so incredibly young when they started writing stuff, a shame that they split up due to in-fighting.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.01.2008 - 16:22
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.01.2008 at 16:18

Musically A Velvet Creation is their best but the production almost ruins it all for me. I would have preferred it if that one had the production of Mirrorworld instead.

Mirrorworlds was almost too clean for me, I like the way A Velvet Creation is produced.
09.01.2008 - 18:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
But IMO thay alove it do becauyse ppl dont know tham, nobody dont talk about tham, even here Dart Tranquaility Arch Anamy almosuta ll know tham but this band
I havnt seen tham in non store sin my life
----

apos;'
[image]
10.01.2008 - 19:00
Stigmatized
i had heard of them before but never taken the time to listen to them. I downloaded both albums and they're pretty good. The first one was my favorite of the two. The production was a little rough but I actually grew to like it.
10.01.2008 - 19:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 09.01.2008 at 16:22

Mirrorworlds was almost too clean for me, I like the way A Velvet Creation is produced.

I don't mind the roughness of of A Velvet Creation I just hate the way it sounds so muffled as if it was recorded under a blanket.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.01.2008 - 19:11
ylside

Beside the demo I think the albums are so hollow...
Dismember, Amorphis and Sentenced are actually more pioneers of Melodic DM than Eucharist and ATG imo...
15.01.2008 - 17:54
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.01.2008 at 19:12

Written by Guest on 09.01.2008 at 16:22

I don't mind the roughness of of A Velvet Creation I just hate the way it sounds so muffled as if it was recorded under a blanket.

Yeah the guitar has no power at all, but somehow the tone is pretty good, it's original and works well... I think the bass needed to be turned up and have more punch to make help round out the guitar sound and make the whole thing a lot heavier. I love the production on the drums though, that really snappy snare sound is great.

I first heard these guys on Black Metal Radio and that acoustic intro to Greeting Immortality grabbed me straight away. It's one of my favourite acoustic parts ever and that song is the strongest on the album IMO.
13.04.2008 - 11:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
I know I said it was quite easy to obtain the full-lengths, but that turned out to be not true

I finally managed to get them yesterday at a brutal death metal festival of all places, hahaha the irony.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.04.2008 - 12:02
Leading The Rats
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.04.2008 at 11:18

I know I said it was quite easy to obtain the full-lengths, but that turned out to be not true

I finally managed to get them yesterday at a brutal death metal festival of all places, hahaha the irony.

for me it was easy, i ordered them over www.cede.ch, but they are both the re-release versions, not the first-pressings.
30.11.2018 - 22:19
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Sorry for exhuming this antic topic (pheew, 10 years have passed...) but I just couldn't resist reading those nine magic letters forming the word Eucharist...
At that time, Eucharist (and Unanimated) introduced me to that what we now call Melodeath or Gothenburg and it took me years to finally realize that I basically owe this early experience to two brothers: Daniel and Adrian Erlandsson.

I think it's a strange coincidence that both of them played on the very first Melodeath recordings. Because usually, drummers are not too often the most influential and genre-defining musicians, or?

Just wondering...
----
signatures = SPAM
26.07.2021 - 22:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Acording to bands FB , band is working on new music.

https://www.facebook.com/eucharistsweden/
----

apos;'
[image]