04. Dead Like Me
05. Get Down
06. Nothing That I Can Do
07. Like The Dog I Am
08. Inside Your Head
09. Euphoria
10. Trapped
11. Crazy Like Me

Steve Cone is an American musician (a guitarist and singer to be exact) and "In My Bones" is his last release. Steve plays US trashy Hard Rock and the new album will be a perfect way to discover his musical universe which will please, I'm sure of it, to all the nostalgic of the 80's - 90's when artists like Metallica, Megadeth or even Ozzy Osbourne were the top of the top of the Metal scene (of course they're still great but they're not alone anymore). "In My Bones" will not re-invent the genre but for sure this is a nice album of Hard Rock so why not?

As I said in my introduction, "In My Bones" is lovely album of US Hard Rock. It smells good the 80's and 90's when some bands like Metallica or Megadeth tried to mix the melodies of Hard Rock with the energy of Thrash. The songs of "In My Bones" sounds old school (not old!) with some cool catchy melodies and aggressive riffs. It's not really revolutionary then but it's well done and for sure if you're a nostalgic and like to listen to this kind of music, it will be for you. Also Steve Cone's music is a bit similar to the one of Ozzy Osbourne (I'm talking about his solo career) so really "In My Bones" is a good mix between Hard FM and thrashy music and that's a good thing.

On the other hand, even if I cannot say anything against the performance of Steve or about his compositions, I have to confess that this release is all but not original. That's not surprising for you I suppose but this album looks a bit like a déjà-vu. This is well done with good tunes but it's classic US Hard Rock and definitely, despite its good songs it won't be easy for "In My Bones" to become famous. It's not a matter of quality, the good quality is here but it's a matter of "trend" and nowadays this kind of music is not trendy. As you wish in the end, if you don't care about trends (like me) and don't really listen to only the few bands and Metal styles that we can hear everyday on the radios, TVs and internet then you'll enjoy "In My Bones". If you're just into Power Metal or Metalcore then you can go away but remember that guys like Steve Cone aren't wrong they still know what good music is.

This album is for the fans and nostalgic people of the last century (that's weird to say that but right?). If you use to listen to cool Hard Rock and don't really want surprises, you can go for this one, "In My Bones" is a good album. That's just too bad that Steve Cones cannot give something a bit more personal and crazy to his music it could be really good then.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 6
Production: 7

Written by Jeff | 09.01.2008

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 58 users
10.01.2008 - 04:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
If I remember correctly some of his music is featured on the Get Thrashed deocumentary
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 2961 | This month: 4