Stigmatized
Formed in 1992

Label-Roadrunner

Lineup-

Robb Flynn- Guitar/vocals
Phil Demmel- Guitar
Adam Duce- Bass
Dave McClain- Drums

Machine Head is a Groove/Thrash band from Oakland, California. The reason I put them in the Alternative Metal Forum is due to their various style changes. Their first album "Burn My Eyes", was a groove/thrash album released in 1994. Their next 3 albums are considered Nu-Metal/Mallcore. In 2004, they released "Through the Ashes of Empires", which was a return to their original groove/thrash sound. Lead singer and guitar player Robb Flynn has what seems to be an unresolved feud with Kerry King of Slayer. You can read the details here- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robb_Flynn

Let me know what you think of them and which albums you like. I myself only listen to Burn My Eyes and Through the Ashes of Empires, great albums...both.
20.06.2006 - 19:53
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I just downloaded their discograghy...I've been meaning to check them out for ages...that an awesome thrash metal band! they have really fuckin' headbangin' riffs and the vocalist kinda reminds me off Pantera a tad...
20.06.2006 - 20:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Of the Machine Head albums I think Burn My Eyes is a fucking classic thrash album and The More Things Change is still a decent more groovier thrash album, but after that Machine Head completely lost the plot in my opinion with The Burning Read and Supercharger, IMO it is really shitty nu-metal (I am NOT saying all nu-metal sucks but that the nu-metal Machine Head produces is crap)
Through The Ashes Of Empires has its moments again but IMO is still a very very average album.

But, man, Burn My Eyes just smokes... let freedom ringwith a shotgun blast.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.06.2006 - 20:34
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I attended a live show once (a part of it) and it was good.

They sound very Pantera, plus they also covered 'Walk'. But they're good.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.06.2006 - 21:10
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I've always loved Machine Head. I got a lot of respect for Rob Flynn too [despite him playing ESPs ]. Check out Days Turn Blue to Grey, and Imperium, the drums go so well with the heavy, yet cascading guitar riffs in those songs...great band.
20.06.2006 - 22:01
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Ozman: Yeah, you're right actually...I mean, I just got their discography and only listened to their first couple of songs from the first album...but now I realize after listening to more recent stuff that Flynn gets into that whole singspiel nu-metal growling rap shit...I don't think they've released an album for awhile...they're probably done...
20.06.2006 - 22:16
kackbratze

@Kap'N Korrupt: Well, not yet:

http://metalstorm.ee/events/news.php?n_where=&n_what=&page=2#2704

I once had their whole discography, but I ended up listening to Burn My Eyes and Through The Ashes Of Empires only, like Dream_of_Hate. I especially like Burn My Eyes!
21.06.2006 - 01:16
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I think that one of their nost nu metal albums would be American High...Flynn does this weird tarzan thing in the beginning and does all of these 'oh gawd' and 'yeah!' shit between all the nu metal stuff...the lyrics are basically what Davis from Korn would do...how he hated school and shit and how now he's in a band and you're kissing his ass...
22.06.2006 - 13:13
marinBG

Very cool... one of the best live bands I've seen, but I haven't seen really much very tight anyway... I like a lot of their stuff including the nu-metal LP wanna be album
The blood, the sweat, the tears is such a killer song, man!
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
06.07.2006 - 20:51
Stigmatized
The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears is about the only song I enjoy between Burn My Eyes and Through the Ashes of Empires.
06.07.2006 - 21:16
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Great live band! Other then that, I haven't been too interested in them..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
07.07.2006 - 23:32
Nevermore
Account deleted
what are some of their best songs? I want to check them out but not download whole albums (dial-up sucks)
07.07.2006 - 23:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 07.07.2006 at 23:32

what are some of their best songs? I want to check them out but not download whole albums (dial-up sucks)

Three best trakcks for me are Davidian, Old, Blood for Blood of Burn my Eyes for me. But then again all songs on Burn My Eyes I really like.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.07.2006 - 23:45
Nevermore
Account deleted
kk
31.07.2006 - 23:56
Thrash666

Machine Head is a really good band. Burn My Eyes is one of my favorite albums.
Hope I get to see them live some time cause it would be fucking sick
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
01.08.2006 - 19:54
Stigmatized
Written by Thrash666 on 31.07.2006 at 23:56

Machine Head is a really good band. Burn My Eyes is one of my favorite albums.
Hope I get to see them live some time cause it would be fucking sick

Yeah, from what I've heard, they fucking slay live.
01.08.2006 - 22:25
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I have Through the Ashes of Empires and I think it's pretty good, despite the shitty nu-metal lyrics and attitude. But hey, who care about lyrics anyways in thrash? Well, they're not pure thrash but you guys know what I mean.
07.08.2006 - 19:20
rebelos
Account deleted
i really like their music but i fucking hate the vox!
they are so crapy!
09.08.2006 - 06:02
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
They are a really good band. I liked their debut very much but then their other albums seem kind of crapy, except the last one which was a really amazing release.
10.08.2006 - 01:13
Tencho

Burn my eyes is a spectacular disk, later it decayed enough with the following cds, but with "Through The Ashes Of Empires" they were a strong band again.
15.08.2006 - 06:41
Stigmatized
I have high hopes for their new album, I really hope it's in the same vein as Through the Ashes of Empires.
15.08.2006 - 09:01
tattootildeath
Account deleted
burn my eyes is one of the best thrash albums of all time. the more things change is fucking fantastic as well! the burning red is where they started their change from godlike to we want more money. don't get me wrong, i still like 'em, and i have tons of respect for the guys. i have seen them, and they are killer tight. i wouldn't miss one of their shows,that's fer sure!
15.08.2006 - 20:14
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I loved "Burn My Eyes" - saw them on the tour with Slayer that year... my roommate caught the drummers' drum stick when he tossed it in the crowd.

"Burn My Eyes" was a huge favorite album of mind.

The next was good.

"The Burning Red" was bad enough that I gave it away after three listens... and normally I keep everything.

Haven't listened to anything since.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.08.2006 - 00:09
thefadedline

They are recording a new album called 'The Blackening,' due 2007.

The step they took from 'Supercharger' to 'Through The Ashes...' was perfect. If they make the same move and get rid of that effect Flynn always seems to use on his guitar tone (something which makes MH unique, I know, but I don't like it, it sounds too polished) then I think the new album will be something memorable.
----
Relax and let the seat take the battery
21.08.2006 - 18:19
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Good to see that they're gonna put out another album...I just hope it's not another nu metal type offering and yes, it would be nice for Flynn to get rid of a lot of guitar effects that he uses and just go back to mid-paced thrash...
01.09.2006 - 23:14
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
I agree with Ozman, only I rate "Through The Ashes Of Empires" much higher. I don't know exactly what to expect from the new album, but I'm very curious.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
02.09.2006 - 01:41
Windshear
Account deleted
Dude Machine Head's the shit. Especially the first two albums and "Ashes."

My friend met Robb Flynn and said he was one of the nicest and coolest dudes ever!

He and fellow band member Phill Demmel were in a band called Vio-Lence in the late 80's. I dont know if anyone here knows that. They were pretty good. They played oldschool thrash as opposed to the more modern Machine Head sound. Also like Machine Head, Vio-Lence's first album "Eternal Nightmare" is their best.

If Robb Flyns work on Roadrunner United is any indication of the upcoming "the Blackeninig" It's gonna slay!
16.09.2006 - 16:00
Mindheist
No Longer Human
This news is not so important or solid to put it on the front page, so here would be the best place.Now you can enter the studio with Machine Head in Part One of "The Blackening Sessions", a behind-the-scenes look at the band as they record their upcoming album, "The Blackening". Go to Machine Head website, to see details about The Blackening Session Part I. Thanks for reading.
16.09.2006 - 20:51
DyNo!!
Account deleted
wow... they take care of their fans...
anyway, i don't like very much machine head... i've got "supercharger" that i don't like cause i think that's too commercial (too nu-metal), so i decided to listen to some of their old materials (more thrashy) but even in that case, they don't impressed me... i don't know why...
03.10.2006 - 07:50
Solaris
Account deleted
I love Burn My Eyes, The More Things Change... & Through The Ashes Of Empires, The Burning Red was OK at best & Supercharger was dire. The live one, I've only heard one track from it (Davidian) & it was terrible, the version on the Old single was a thousand times better. I hope the new album stays along the lines of TTAOE as that was an astounding return to form.