Metal Storm logo
Dream Death - Thrash meets Doooooom

12.01.2008 - 12:12
Cookies Upstairs
Account deleted
You probably never heard this band, but they are worth the mentioning. Though, forgotten today, back in the 80s this was an classic band with a small cult-following. What differs Dream Death from every other thrash metal band is the fact they these dudes mixed their thrash with dooooooom. The Black Sabbath influence is obvious, and if Brian Lawrence would have growled instead of using his harsh vocals, this could even be described as death/doom, or "proto-death/doom". Anyway, the band split up in 1989 and formed a new project called Penance, playing doom metal. Though, Penance split-up after several albums.

I've found a good link with hilarious information (the site calls them death metal, lol!): Click me hard.

Here is their MySpace page with some songs, I especially recommend "Back from the Dead", old school lyrics!

And last but not least, their doom-metal.com link: Click me hard.

According to the MySpace page, they are active again.

Listen to the complete album here: click me hard (real player format!)
12.01.2008 - 14:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 12.01.2008 at 12:12

You probably never heard this band,

Man I know band I know it and album Journey Into Mystery
Good one and you shood ed vibrationsofdoom link in main post, there ppl can hear full album
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.01.2008 - 15:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 12.01.2008 at 15:21

I added it but the songs are all for the real player though..

Ye sits mono sound too but still better it how no
I havnt seen tham in stores but listening in vib site
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.01.2008 - 19:04
ylside

Great band. I regret not buying "Back from the Dead" at the old school shop in Hellfest 2007... I'm bound to regret MAAANY albums I didn't pick up there.
09.03.2008 - 16:35
FOOCK Nam

Good band, they are very skillful at thrash mix with doom, but IMO more thrash than doom.
04.05.2008 - 19:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Bought "Back From The Dead", a compilation of their demo's, at the Warning gig. Haven't listened to it yet. I bought it because of this thread, to be honest, but I am too brainfucked by Corrupted at the moment they are going to have to wait a bit longer.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.05.2008 - 20:01
Leading The Rats
Account deleted
it's never wrong to buy something i recommend - the demo compilation is brilliant, but try to get your hands on the full-lenght too, or download it, whatever just listen to it.
05.05.2008 - 02:11
tulkas
el parcero
heard 2 songs from their myspace page. like jed said, they are more thrash than doom, they even reminded me of Slayer more than once... it's still very good, i liked it but i'll download later because my oc is almost out of memory
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
05.05.2008 - 03:36
Leading The Rats
Account deleted
Written by tulkas on 05.05.2008 at 02:11

hey even reminded me of Slayer more than once...

lol? please explain.
05.05.2008 - 06:09
tulkas
el parcero
@Leading The Rats: i don't know... some parts for some reason remided me of them. like the sound of some riffs or something, not quite sure
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
16.06.2008 - 03:58
Melancholic Owl

hmmm...thrash and Doom... I've never heard their songs... I think Doom and Thrash very different styles..
16.06.2008 - 04:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Interesting band indeed...
I'd never though that thrash and doom could make something together... Awesome shit.
I know a site where I can buy JIM... Just in case I fall in love with this band ^^
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.