Metal Storm logo
In Flames - Upcoming Album Title And Tracklisting Revealed

Swedish metallers In Flames have posted on their myspace blog that their upcoming album entitled "A Sense Of Purpose" artwork and booklet, can be viewed here, was done by Alex Padree who also did the artwork and the booklet for the single.

The release date from Nuclear Blast Records for Europe, and the rest of the World (except for the US) is set for 4 April 2008. The album will be released in the US. However, a label and date is still to be determined.

The album will contain the following tracks:

01. The Mirror's Truth
02. Disconnected
03. Sleepless Again
04. Alias
05. I'm The Highway
06. Delight And Angers
07. Move Through Me
08. The Chosen Pessimist
09. Sober And Irrelevant
10. Condemned
11. Drenched In Fear
12. March To The Shore

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: In Flames
Posted: 14.01.2008 by Bararey

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 43   Visited by: 204 users
14.01.2008 - 15:54
Warman
Erotic Stains
Damn, that really looks emo!
----
14.01.2008 - 16:17
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
First word: it's colored

After this, I am really curious and afraid to listen to this album ...
14.01.2008 - 16:23
addiction

hahaha!!! that's almost exactly what i was typing now...that it has pretty colours...:) it is a bit weird...quite different from their other covers...and i am really curious to listen to this album...hope its good...although they will obviously never return to their early to middle sound...
----
alive in the superunknown
14.01.2008 - 16:42
matthioso

I don't know what to expect from this album. The artwork is so different from the rest and reading the titles confuses me even more
Hope it will be good...
----
www.seedofrock.be
14.01.2008 - 16:50
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
From what I see here, I don't expect much
14.01.2008 - 17:03
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Hmmm, "I'm The Highway." An Audioslave cover?! How uncreative with this song title...
When choosing a song title, or maybe it's even the lyrical theme, I wouldn't use one that has been used for a popular hit radio song, especially recently. It just shows a lack of awareness.

As for the artwork...
The kid looks like he's straight from "Where the Wild Things Are."
It seems like something "The Used" would release.
14.01.2008 - 17:11
Nyxgrinder

I think this guys are in love......too soft lately
14.01.2008 - 17:13
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Awesome titles. But what the fuck is going on with their cover arts? They sure are interesting, but where's the artistic works that used to be in cover arts? But it's like with the muisc, they grow on you. But man it looks disgusting the first time you see it!
14.01.2008 - 17:13
flamey

I dont see anything wrong with titles. What, there are a thousand songs with the same names, just cos In Flames used one now they're not creative with names?
As for myself, I'm really looking forward to hear it, very curious.. I wont expect another Jester Race, but I dont think they'll make a bad album. Of course, "trve" elitist metalheads will complain that it's emo no matter what they hear, because they're determined to call it that way.. but then, who cares?
14.01.2008 - 17:20
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Agree with flamey...
Hope in a good album, can't wait to hear some new In Flames stuff...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
14.01.2008 - 17:40
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
I really like the cover art, it's truly original (and hippie! )
And the titles are kind of interesting too. Still dont expect anything though. I don't really like In Flames...
14.01.2008 - 17:49
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Spyroid on 14.01.2008 at 17:40

And the titles are kind of interesting too. Still dont expect anything though. I don't really like In Flames...

Yeah I agree on that, it's a really nice cover art.. Very different from the usual In Flames.
And nice titles too. "The Chosen Pessimist" Haha that title suits me
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
14.01.2008 - 17:53
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 14.01.2008 at 17:49

Written by Spyroid on 14.01.2008 at 17:40

Yeah I agree on that, it's a really nice cover art.. Very different from the usual In Flames.
And nice titles too. "The Chosen Pessimist" Haha that title suits me

Haha, that's my favourite too ) I can identify with "sleepless again" aswell ;P I also think 'Sober and Irrelevant' sound really fun, while 'Drenched in Fear' is a pretty effective title. Put I don't want to praise anything until I've heard it
14.01.2008 - 18:34
selken
Irreligious
I know at least it will be an OK album.
Weird cover BTW
----
14.01.2008 - 19:10
mankvill

As if we needed more confirmation that In Flames had turned into a terrible metalcore-type band, we get this album cover.
14.01.2008 - 20:03
Infurnace

I get a really strange feeling when I look at the cover art.. it looks kind of cool.
14.01.2008 - 21:27
enumaelis

I Agree with mankvill
I liked a lot covers like the one in colony, whoracle or the jester race... and of course the music inside those... much more than the metalcore they are doing right now, but I guess those In Flames will never come back
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
14.01.2008 - 21:51
Darkmember

but it still in flames
----
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
14.01.2008 - 21:55
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Darkmember on 14.01.2008 at 21:51

but it still in flames

And that means what? Awesome Gothenburg Metal from the '90s or crappy Gothenburg Metal from the '00s?
----
14.01.2008 - 22:16
Carrion
Account deleted
Interesting artwork, pretty good actually Then again I'm not excepting much from the music.
14.01.2008 - 22:32
Cookies Upstairs
Account deleted
surprise, surprise.
14.01.2008 - 22:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I dont what to think so far.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
14.01.2008 - 23:03
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
For all of you who says this is metalcore, you're wrong. Don't think you really know the difference between this kind of melodeath and metalcore. Take a listen to Bring Me The Horizon, In This Moment or anything like that, and then take a listen to any of In Flames records and you'll see that it's NOT metalcore!
14.01.2008 - 23:22
The Black Halo

Did anyone else find it ironic on the cover for their single "The Mirrors Truth" this same Jester-headed kid is looking into a mirror with a reflection of himself dying and the Jester Races album cover in the background?

Of course the infamous In Flames lyric "dying Jester Race" comes to mind. But lets face it, In Flames is not sheltered, nor stupid, they know what people are saying. They know every album they put out is compared to pre-whoracle material. A new logo, completely new direction on style and design, and a picture of their "old" style dying in a mirror? This isnt a coincidence, its a direct message.
----
~But I'll await my darkest hour
When the guilt doesn't get to me~
----------------------------------------
m/ m/ m/ m/ m/ m/ m/ m/
----------------------------------------
14.01.2008 - 23:53
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
From the 3 past releases of these guys, i don't expect much from them. Cover art is weird yet original, don't like most of the song titles, to me it sounds like a continuation of come clarity, not worth my money. Their old stuff is great, too bad they don't have that creativity anymore.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
15.01.2008 - 00:36
enumaelis

ok no metalcore: modern melodeathcore hehe or something like that... I dont care too much about the exact name of the style.. but still far from their best times of Gothenburg melodic death
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
15.01.2008 - 01:42
Stigmatized
Wow, that artwork is fucking horrible. It replaces their most recent single artwork as the dumbest artwork I've ever seen.
15.01.2008 - 01:43
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i didn't expect that of a metal album cover - very unusual and colourful - interesting what music accompanies it
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
15.01.2008 - 02:35
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
damnit, i hope this album doesnt turn out to be shit.:mad7:
----
Coldgrits
15.01.2008 - 15:29
ioannisk

I'm really looking forward to get the new album so as to be sure the've returned to teir clayman colony and whoracle periods. The cover is really weird though........???

Hits total: 10286 | This month: 7