Metal Storm logo
Dead Head - Signs With Displeased Records

Dutch brutal Thrash Metal band Dead Head signs with Displeased Records.

Expect the new full length in the summer of 2008.

Current line-up:
Tom van Dijk - vocals, bass
Ronnie van der Wey - guitar
Robbie Woning - guitar
Hans Spijker - drums

Dead Head was formed April 8th 1989 in Kampen, Holland. On that day the four original members, Tom van Dijk (bass, vocals), Robbie Woning (guitar), Ronnie van der Wey (guitar), and Hans Spijker (drums), decided to form a band and to become the most intensive and brutal thrash metal band Europe had ever seen. In the fine tradition of bands like Dark Angel, Kreator and Sadus they distilled their own way of composing songs and making a solid impact on stage by pounding out their songs as if every minute could be their last.

Over the course of nearly 18 years the band recorded several impressive full length albums, bringing their thrashing fury to new heights with each following release. While the band did several tours in the early 1990s, they picked their shows more well-considered from 1995 on. Taking their time to record each new full length, the band never felt the urge to convert into a musical assembly line. The band still likes to stick to its own pace. It's quality over quantity when it comes to Dead Head.

Previous impressive full length "Haatland" (2005) brought a refreshed interest in the band, and after good response by both reviewers and public, Displeased Records decided to contact the band. A contract was signed soon thereafter. Currently the band is in its final stages of writing new material for the new full length (working title "Depression Tank") with release date set in the summer of 2008. Some song titles are "Firegate", "Less than zero", "Murder" and "Pesticide" (a re-recorded 1989 demo track).

http://www.deadhead.nl
http://www.myspace.com/deadheadthrash
Posted: 15.01.2008 by Marcel H.

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 23 users
15.01.2008 - 00:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Great news. I for one can't wait for the album to be released.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.01.2008 - 03:55
HardSide

Probably the most underrated band.
15.01.2008 - 20:53
Infurnace

I agree with HardSide. They played a local festival in my home-town, and they really kicked ass on stage.
15.01.2008 - 21:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Infurnace on 15.01.2008 at 20:53

I agree with HardSide. They played a local festival in my home-town, and they really kicked ass on stage.

And that for old people...

Unfortunately they don't play live too often but when they do they give it their everything. And their guitarists are great.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.01.2008 - 22:32
Infurnace

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.01.2008 at 21:04

Written by Infurnace on 15.01.2008 at 20:53

And that for old people...

Unfortunately they don't play live too often but when they do they give it their everything. And their guitarists are great.

Yep, they absolutely did. It was one of the best performances of a Dutch band i've ever seen.

Hits total: 2226 | This month: 4