Metal Storm logo
After Forever - Taking A Break

After Forever has posted the following statement on their website:

Dear fans,

as you might have noticed, After Forever experienced a lot in 2007. A new deal with Nuclear Blast and The Entertainment Group, the release of a new album, gigs in Europe and the U.S.A./Canada, all thanks to your support. Unfortunately, 2007 also had a negative side. Sander experienced the symptoms of a burn-out and had to stop playing with After Forever for a few months. After Forever did a good job doing the scheduled gigs with mainly George (ex- Orphanage) as grunter, making possible the album could still be promoted. After that, a European and an American/Canadian tour followed, with Sander this time, and his condition seemed to be ok. Unfortunately, just recently, Sander fell victim to a seizure attack in an airplane, and after research that attack seemed to be stress related. The doctors think this is a very serious matter, and they strongly advised him to not be involved with any After Forever activity for at least a year, to prevent a worse health situation. Because Sander is one of the formers, songwriter and co manager of After Forever, an After Forever without him is no option. The band has been able to solve his absence in 2007 live, but another year full of compromises would not be positive for the quality After Forever wants to offer. After Forever is a band that wants to give 100% and that's just not possible now. With pain in our hearts, we had to decide that After Forever has to take a break of at least a year and hope you will all respect that. It's terrible not to be able to do all the great gigs and activities we were planning, but it's even worse for After Forever to do those things with a compromise. We highly value everything the band has achieved, and we don't want to lose that. We also realise we ask a lot of our fans since we know what our gigs and music means to them. However, we will all still be active in the music scene. Because of this break everybody gets the chance to focus on projects. On our site and myspace sites we'll keep you updated about those projects.

Not a very good start of the year, but thanks a lot for all your support and understanding, for now, for the future, but also for the past year. We won't forget you and hope to meet you again if After Forever returns in full shape!!!

Floor, Sander, Bas, Joost, Luuk and Andre

Source: afterforever.com
Band profile: After Forever
Posted: 17.01.2008 by Bararey

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   Visited by: 153 users
17.01.2008 - 10:01
metal2000

too bad:(
17.01.2008 - 10:02
Princ_Of_Horror

awwwww...:( This is the sadest news of the year
17.01.2008 - 10:16
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Well it's certainly better than mysteriously cancelling tours and not updating the fans for an year and then telling us... Yes it's bad news but I think any artist must reflect for a time and disconnect in order to regain a fresh viewpoint on his or her work. I've certainly enjoyed their evolution on their past 2 albums and they will satisfy me in the interim... Best wishes for a sucessful break!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
17.01.2008 - 10:32
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Sad news, but I hope they restart with full force soon...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
17.01.2008 - 11:29
Bararey
Winter is Coming
2007 has been very successful for After Forever, this must have put a lot of weight on Sander's shoulders that he suffered a stress related seizure attack, yayks,, I guess a break would be a good idea
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
17.01.2008 - 12:53
addiction

thats a real shame. life is too short to be stressed that much to actually have a seizure attack for fucks shake....i hope he will get better soon! btw i really liked the last after forever album...
----
alive in the superunknown
17.01.2008 - 13:34
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Sad news, but if the band return at 200%, waiting is not a problem. And more important thing, I hope that Sander get better soon.
17.01.2008 - 19:55
LifeExit
Account deleted
Let's just hope that Sander gets better =)
17.01.2008 - 20:02
Duy Hung
Account deleted
These days are full of bad news from Holland, at first Simone and now Sander , get well soon man... , and hopefully the band will soon return ..
17.01.2008 - 20:19
Ireth Alcarin
Account deleted
That's not good to read, even though I am no huge AF fan, but I think they solved it really honestly. They do care and that's not so typical for many people nowadays.
17.01.2008 - 21:37
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Bad news, bud at least next year they will be fresh and ready to rock, I hope.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
17.01.2008 - 23:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sad hope he wont die
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.01.2008 - 04:43
H-metal

Even underground rockstars need vacation.
----
I listen to metal before you were even born...
18.01.2008 - 14:41
face_your_demons

this is really sad news!! 1 year.. but it's better than after forever falling apart because sander can't join anymore...so i'm already waiting for their great return over a year!!
----
18.01.2008 - 18:47
OFingers
Account deleted
Who cares about the band (not me, with Miss Dont touch me as frontwoman), get well man.
18.01.2008 - 19:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 18:47

...with Miss Dont touch me as frontwoman),

Huh what do you mean?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.01.2008 - 20:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by face_your_demons on 18.01.2008 at 14:41

this is really sad news!! 1 year.. but it's better than after forever falling apart because sander can't join anymore...so i'm already waiting for their great return over a year!!

only Good Die young
Jim Morrison, Chuck, whaeteevr all great musicians died before 30 and it makes tham legendary
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.01.2008 - 09:17
SacredBlade

Godspeed Sander, I'll be here when you guys return...nuf' said...
19.01.2008 - 11:56
OFingers
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.01.2008 at 19:40

Huh what do you mean?

Have you ever tried doing a photo with Floor?

If you put your finger on her shoulder/waste wherever she roars:

DONT TOUCH ME!

I ran into her at Atarfe Vega Rock (local festival) and I hate her since
19.01.2008 - 19:30
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Guest on 19.01.2008 at 11:56

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.01.2008 at 19:40

Huh what do you mean?

Have you ever tried doing a photo with Floor?
If you put your finger on her shoulder/waste wherever she roars:
DONT TOUCH ME!
I ran into her at Atarfe Vega Rock (local festival) and I hate her since

You ever thought about the fact that she may have had a bad day, once in every 300 shows a year?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.01.2008 - 01:30
OFingers
Account deleted
i ve been told it's her custom
28.01.2008 - 17:48
face_your_demons

Written by Bad English on 18.01.2008 at 20:00

Written by face_your_demons on 18.01.2008 at 14:41

only Good Die young
Jim Morrison, Chuck, whaeteevr all great musicians died before 30 and it makes tham legendary

well..if you don't really mind (and also if you do) I don't want Sander to die yet..even if that makes him legendary...
----
22.02.2008 - 09:55
Pale Enchantress
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.01.2008 at 01:30

i ve been told it's her custom

Everyone can have bad day? don't forget they do a hell of a lot of shows I bet your just making this up anyway! plus I'm sure she doesn't give a shit if you hate her

Hits total: 5362 | This month: 3