Metal Storm logo
Living Sacrifice - Christianity never sounded better

17.01.2008 - 18:32
Existenzangst
Account deleted
If you don't know this band already, Living Sacrifice is (with Mortification) probably the first christian extreme metal band, formed back in 1989 and had a huge influence upon this music atleast after their third album "Inhabit". After a 3-track demotape, the band released their debut album in 1991, which was pure out thrash metal, moving to death metal with their second release and playing it until 1994. After almost 3 years on hiatus, they released "Reborn" in 1997, which was a mixture of metalcore and thrash, two more albums and a dvd in the same vein of their last album got released and the band split up.

I don't have any mp3 right now but you can listen to some songs on the tribute mysapce page, though the songs kinda suck. Violence is awesome, one of their best from the thrash era, same for Chemical Straightjacket, awesome song, skip the other two, one intro and one song from inhabit, with terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible terrible terrrrrriiible vocals! *click me hard*
17.01.2008 - 18:48
Sunioj

Umm... the 'Living Sacrifice' Im thinking of is metalcore. Yes, they are a pretty tight band.
17.01.2008 - 18:58
Existenzangst
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 17.01.2008 at 18:48

Umm... the 'Living Sacrifice' Im thinking of is metalcore. Yes, they are a pretty tight band.

it's the same band, but they played thrash metal on the first and death metal on the next two albums. just read what i wrote in the first post.
17.01.2008 - 19:18
Sunioj

Written by Guest on 17.01.2008 at 18:58

Written by Sunioj on 17.01.2008 at 18:48

it's the same band, but they played thrash metal on the first and death metal on the next two albums. just read what i wrote in the first post.

I did alrite, I guess I don't the band as well as I thought I did. oh well.
17.01.2008 - 19:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
OMG I check band in MA there was about 6 myspace fan pages IMO I need 4 hours to lisiten all
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.01.2008 - 02:56
Existenzangst
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 17.01.2008 at 19:32

OMG I check band in MA there was about 6 myspace fan pages IMO I need 4 hours to lisiten all

nevermind the myspace pages, they mostly have the metalcore stuff. check out their debut album "living sacrifice" and their debut death metal album "nonexistent", this two album kick some serious ass.
18.01.2008 - 03:05
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Call me gay, but I don't mind their metalcore stuff hehe. I found about these guys on a Solid State sampler in 9th grade, but I didn't know they used to be death metal until I opened this thread. I'll try to check out their death shit whenever I get a computer.

Edit - This MySpace page has Nonexistent - http://www.myspace.com/ls777. It's pretty good!
18.01.2008 - 03:36
Existenzangst
Account deleted
i must admit their metalcore stuff is not bad, but the first two albums are just brilliant, inhabit would have been a good album too, the music is excellent, but the vocals fucking ruin the album, i can't listen to it, seriously, the vocals are just freaking horrible.
18.01.2008 - 06:15
ASiema113

Yea a friend of mine turned me onto them(although it was labeled Morbid Sacrifice b/c it was a buch of Living Sacrifice tracks and Morbid Angel) and I gotta say their pretty good but the vocals lol yea I know what you mean. Decent band w/ some pretty good material, not dissapointed that I came upon them...
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
18.01.2008 - 09:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 02:56

nevermind the myspace pages, they mostly have the metalcore stuff. check out their debut album "living sacrifice" and their debut death metal album "nonexistent", this two album kick some serious ass.

I didnt listened those pages it was crap man totaly crap there
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.04.2008 - 21:32
diSEMBOWELMENT
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 18.01.2008 at 09:51

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 02:56

I didnt listened those pages it was crap man totaly crap there

well as usual i don't understand what you're saying but i guess you didn't like the stuff on myspace, but that's no wonder, that stuff sucks. try to download their first two albums, they rule.
11.04.2008 - 18:42
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
Nonexistend and Inhabit rule, LS I must still listen to. Got lucky to catch both.
12.04.2008 - 15:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 17.01.2008 at 18:32

If you don't know this band already, Living Sacrifice is (with Mortification) probably the first christian extreme metal band, formed back in 1989...

You're forgetting about Believer who formed in 1986, released their first debut full-length Extraction From Mortality in 1989. So beating both Living Sacrifice & Mortification by a couple of years. Also before the two you mentioned is Deliverance formed in 1985 demo also in 1985 debut in 1989. Vengeance Rising formed in 1985, debut in 1988. Or the Dutch Decision D which was formed in 1986 but only released their demos in 1990 and 1991.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.04.2008 - 15:47
diSEMBOWELMENT
Account deleted
i also forgot mighty death metal tyrants INCUBUS m/
12.04.2008 - 17:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 12.04.2008 at 15:47

i also forgot mighty death metal tyrants INCUBUS m/

They have some slight Christian themes in their music but I don't consider them a Christian extreme metal band really because they were always associated with the normal death metal scene back in the day and not with the Christian scene. Somehow they toured with the normal detah metal bands such as Death, Massacre, etc.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.04.2008 - 12:23
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
Believer, Deliverance and VR rule also. I don't know if deliverance really is extreme metal. It is just some speedmetal I think. Decision D I know by name and Incubus is totaly unknown to me. But I know that believer at least has toured with normal trash bands. LS didn't?
14.04.2008 - 14:47
Leading The Rats
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.04.2008 at 12:23

But I know that believer at least has toured with normal trash bands. LS didn't?

for the last fucking time, it's called tHrash metal!!! and i think LS did have toured with thrash bands, because they started out as a thrash metal band themselves.
14.04.2008 - 15:35
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
With normal trash (metal) bands I meant not christian metal bands.
14.04.2008 - 16:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 14.04.2008 at 15:35

With normal trash (metal) bands I meant not christian metal bands.

Aaaarrrgggghhhhhh can't you read when someone corrects you? It's tHrash, tHrash, NOT trash it's got to do witht he verb to thrash (DUtch translation now: te keer gaan, beuken) and not trash (Dutch translation: rotzooi)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.04.2008 - 16:10
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
aaah, like that. Really, I thought that trash was the right word. Like it more even. I'll try to do it right next time.
17.04.2008 - 22:26
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Is anyone going to see Living Sacrifice this summer as they tour with Demon Hunter? I just got my tickets for the "Stronger Than Hell" tour, and am really excited to see both bands, along with Oh, Sleeper.

I really never thought I would see Living Sacrifice ever since they broke up years ago. So my buddy Steve and I are heading to the show in Atlanta so see them. And to show you how big a fan Steve is, here is a picture of his back .
----
(space for rent)
20.05.2008 - 11:53
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
Ok, that is weird.
Living Sacrifice is a great band, but I really don't want them on my back;D