Metal Storm logo
What is the best Nu Metal band?

Original post

Posted by Olli, 18.01.2008 - 17:38
Like all genres, Nu Metal has good bands and it has (more) shit bands. This poll is here to show what Nu Metal band(s) the users of metalstorm like!
Personally I prefer Korn because I'm still not bored of them and they are still putting out albums with very different styles. Most of the other bands become boring quite fast.

Poll

Best Nu Metal Band?

System Of A Down
Slipknot
Disturbed
Korn
Other
Linkin Park
Mudvayne
Limp Bizkit
Drowning Pool

Total votes: 250
18.09.2010 - 00:48
ToxicZombie
Account deleted
This is like asking who's the classiest whore in a whorehouse, but I always thought Mushroomhead were pretty decent. They're one of the few nu-metal bands I still listen to after moving on to real metal.
28.09.2010 - 13:38
Olli

Written by Guest on 18.09.2010 at 00:48

This is like asking who's the classiest whore in a whorehouse, but I always thought Mushroomhead were pretty decent. They're one of the few nu-metal bands I still listen to after moving on to real metal.

Mushroomhead released a new album today and it;s currentlybeing streamed on aol music Might be worth checking out!
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
30.09.2010 - 03:32
ToxicZombie
Account deleted
Written by Olli on 28.09.2010 at 13:38

Written by Guest on 18.09.2010 at 00:48

Mushroomhead released a new album today and it;s currentlybeing streamed on aol music Might be worth checking out!

Cool. I'll check it out.
23.03.2011 - 20:47
blacktooth85

I don't really listen to any of these bands anymore. I'll go with Korn, they were the first band to create that shit, and i was really into them when Life is Peachy and Follow the leader came out when i was about 11 and 12. SOAD get annoying as fuck with that guitar player always screaming and screeching. They're are a joke
24.03.2011 - 09:10
Void_Eater
Account deleted
The only bands on this list that don't make me want to puke are Slipknot and SOAD. Slipknot is just passable, SOAD it great. They just seem o do more then the generic nu metal riffing and angsty lyrics.
24.03.2011 - 16:18
deathmetalfan1

System Of A Down! <3
24.03.2011 - 16:42
Yasmine

I can't even vote, lol......where to begin....
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
28.05.2011 - 01:50
king_matt

System of a Down is great, they were one of my first metal bands! Their debut is their best album to date imo. Korn and Slipknot aren't bad, either.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
27.08.2011 - 20:01
Scorpyin

No love for mudvayne, really? Amazing bassist and drummer, vocalist was better when he used to destroy his voice for the music....
28.08.2011 - 03:33
Void Eater
Account deleted
It's obvious that the answer is Stepchild foos.

Dats wazup mah wiggah.
28.08.2011 - 04:16
NecroCorpSlayer

The best nu metal, in my opinion, is "Roots"-era Sepultura. It's really the only nu metal I really enjoy. Surprised nobody mentioned this yet.
28.08.2011 - 05:05
Lit.
Account deleted
Slipknot. I enjoy the material from their first and 3rd album. I also enjoy a bit of Static-X.
Also, Linking Park Nu-Metal? I don't even consider them hard rock.
02.09.2011 - 02:44
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Slipknot. I like a few songs by them.
04.09.2011 - 06:33
edgethrasherx

Its a tossup between SOAD and Slipknot, i like SOAD. But i saw slipknot live, and they were pretty good live actually
----
"killing for religion. something i don't understand"-Dave Mustaine
03.10.2011 - 14:15
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Linkin Park ahead of Limp Bizkit?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
03.10.2011 - 18:56
Sammol

Where's Cradle of Filth?
03.10.2011 - 20:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Sammol on 03.10.2011 at 18:56
Where's Cradle of Filth?

Even as a nu metal band they shouldn't be mentioned in a "best of" thread.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.10.2011 - 21:44
fabregassed
Account deleted

Where's Cradle of Filth?

In the "best of grindcore" thread.
03.10.2011 - 23:25
@gent_-_orange

Written by Guest on 03.10.2011 at 21:44

Where's Cradle of Filth?

In the "best of grindcore" thread.

I think you'll find that cradle of filth are (and always have been) sludge metal.
04.10.2011 - 04:47
JCJen7

Written by Guest on 28.08.2011 at 03:33

OOOOOON AND OOOOOOON WE ROLLL, OOOOOOON AND OOOOOON WE ROLL
Dats wazup mah wiggah.

Although that was possibly the funniest video I have ever seen, you need to spend less time on the internet.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
04.10.2011 - 05:23
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by JCJen7 on 04.10.2011 at 04:47

Written by Guest on 28.08.2011 at 03:33

OOOOOON AND OOOOOOON WE ROLLL, OOOOOOON AND OOOOOON WE ROLL
Dats wazup mah wiggah.

Although that was possibly the funniest video I have ever seen, you need to spend less time on the internet.

Sad but true I need to ROLL OOOOOOON AND OOOOOOOOON, WE ROLL, OOOOOOOON AND OOOOOOOOON
04.10.2011 - 10:12
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 28.08.2011 at 05:05
Also, Linking Park Nu-Metal? I don't even consider them hard rock.

Well, Slipknot clearly don't play the same genre of music as Limp Bizkit, yet both are classed as nu metal. Slipknot occassionally have elements of nu metal in their sound, but overall, aren't really nu metal. A bit like how Iced Earth aren't a thrash band although they have thrash elements in their sound. I think Slipknot are mainly labelled nu metal because they are seen as a "scene band", rather than because of the actual music they play.

@M C Vice: I'm not a fan of Linkin Park, but I'd pick them over Limp Bizkit eternally.
05.10.2011 - 04:39
Berserk

System of a down I guess... I think they're the only half decent band on that list to be quite honest with you.
----
Fear the Old Blood
30.12.2011 - 01:46
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Disturbed. The band has a quite enjoyable sound in all of their albums, but I think the first one is weak. Also, I like some stuff from KoRn after the release of "Take A Look In The Mirror". The albums before this is crappy and boring, especially the second one, "Life is A... (I Don't Remember)". And I only listen to these two Nu bands.

(Slipknot: They were amazing live in Rock In Rio, although I hate them)
(Linkin Park: No Commets)
(Drowning Pool and System Of A Down: Aren't those Alternative bands?)
31.12.2011 - 04:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 30.12.2011 at 01:46
Disturbed.
(Drowning Pool and System Of A Down: Aren't those Alternative bands?)

You cite Disturbed as a nu metal band, yet you lump Drowning Pool in with alternative metal? I think the two are close enough that they belong in the same category.

Personally, I'd call both alternative metal. Neither of them really mixed hip hop elements into their sound (with exceptions like Disturbed's "Fear").
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.01.2012 - 11:02
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Isn't "best Nu Metal band" an oxymoron?
----
04.01.2012 - 11:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by M C Vice on 04.01.2012 at 11:02

Took more than a year for this thread to be won.

Congrats.
----
04.01.2012 - 11:41
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.01.2012 at 11:04

Written by M C Vice on 04.01.2012 at 11:02

Took more than a year for this thread to be won.

Congrats.

I'd like to donate my prize money to the Victims Of Nu Metal Relief Fund.
----
01.12.2012 - 16:47
megadeath13
Account deleted
I think Deftones are the most constant Nu Metal band
11.12.2012 - 11:04
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Even though I'm not much of a nu-metal fan, I used to listen to Linkin Park as a little kid, so i voted for them...

But then I saw System of a Down in there, after accidentally glancing over their name, and now I'm thinking FUCK!! I should have voted for System of a Down, they are significantly better than Linkin Park!! Too bad I can't change my vote, I'll just say my vote will be for System of a Down here in the comments anyway, Toxicity is a classic, and I remember hearing "Shimmy" from the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 video game and thought it sounded awesome. Those guys are great
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).