Metal Storm logo
What is the best Nu Metal band?

Original post

Posted by Olli, 18.01.2008 - 17:38
Like all genres, Nu Metal has good bands and it has (more) shit bands. This poll is here to show what Nu Metal band(s) the users of metalstorm like!
Personally I prefer Korn because I'm still not bored of them and they are still putting out albums with very different styles. Most of the other bands become boring quite fast.

Poll

Best Nu Metal Band?

System Of A Down
Slipknot
Disturbed
Korn
Other
Linkin Park
Mudvayne
Limp Bizkit
Drowning Pool

Total votes: 250
22.03.2009 - 00:33
mortjoyeux
Written by Guest on 21.03.2009 at 20:36

Wow, I really don't like the options

I despise 99% of Nu-Metal, But I do like Rage Against The Machine.....at least they stand for something, and the guitarist is unique in his style

I completely agree with this.
This Nu-Metal category is horrible and more than half the bands shouldn't even be recognized as SOMETHING metal.
RATM is a good listen too.

I actually had to look up nu-metal on Wikipedia to find bands LOL. I was not happy with what I saw, metal my ass.
22.03.2009 - 09:01
brapp32
What do you mean you don't like the options?? They give you a whole section for other where you can put anything you want in it.
22.03.2009 - 11:03
mortjoyeux
....It's pretty obvious if you read the second half of his statement.
23.03.2009 - 22:27
Glower
Other: Otep
:]
26.03.2009 - 16:14
matthioso
To me it's disturbed, but nu-metal is a style that I can only listen to for a couple of weeks. a couple of weeks later I can listen to it again...
it's wierd, I know
----
www.seedofrock.be
07.04.2009 - 02:59
BuzzPhil
Disturbed is one of my all-time favourites... But I can appreciate bands like Slipknot, System Of A Down and Korn too... I love listening to the "Ex-Linkin Park"...
07.04.2009 - 07:33
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Kittie would be the best Nu Metal band...they've heavier than all those bands listed...
08.04.2009 - 19:14
metalhead3
I don't like nu metal but i voted for SOAD,the band is diferent than other bands.i saw some people that hate metal and they listen korn,that people are stupid or linkin park,that band isn't nu metal band,is it?
19.04.2009 - 03:16
Nardy7
I'm not a fan of Nu-Metal, but i chose Slipknot because they're different than the others.
26.05.2009 - 23:36
Andresopeth
I voted for Korn because Rage Against The Machine wasn't among the options, it should has been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, well Korn had their days those days now are in the past but they did a great apport to this genre
26.05.2009 - 23:47
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Voted for system of a dawn cause imo they are not just a nu metal band but they had a really nice attitude... linkin park would be the second one.... (only for their first 2 albums which where great...)
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
28.05.2009 - 22:08
soadbyob
Account deleted
For the last fuckin time SOAD is NOT Nu-Metal!!!! It's alternative, they never shouldve been put in that group!!
but disturbed is my favorite- ive been sick since they came out
30.05.2009 - 15:45
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Ill put it again Slipknot in their best phase (the self-titled and Iowa) represents the best mixture of metal with hip-hop and electronic pop effects. I miss the old Slipknot very much, their latest releases are good, and much more closer to metal, but that's not what I want to hear from them. I miss the eletronic crazy noise songs like ''Tattared and Torn'' or ''Scissors'', and the vocal work from Iowa, Corey singing rap is very good.

I vote for Slipknot.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
30.05.2009 - 17:30
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 28.05.2009 at 22:08

For the last fuckin time SOAD is NOT Nu-Metal!!!! It's alternative, they never shouldve been put in that group!!
but disturbed is my favorite- ive been sick since they came out

so what are the elements that nu metal has and sytem of a dwan does not have???
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
29.06.2009 - 17:51
Rattlehead87
Mudvayne was really the only Nu Metal band that i actually really enjoyed... Slipknot i only liked there First 2 Albums... Korn i don't like too much from them... i was never a fan of SOAD... i only liked Disturbed's first Album... i do like Drowning Pool... Linkin Park don't get me started, i don't like them at all... Mudvayne was the only Nu Metal band that i liked everything I've heard and was great live... but when Chad Grey did Hellyeah i was very disappointed with it but came back with another great Mudvayne album after so it was that bad
----
No one is safe when I close my eyes, I come to take your life
29.06.2009 - 18:44
Jan Destiny
+1 vote for Disturbed. 'Like that band!
----
"Fiction is the truth inside the lie" (Stephen King)
07.07.2009 - 17:56
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
contributor
Mastodon?

Considered Nu-Metal?

If not then maybe Killswitch Engaged
----
rekt
09.07.2009 - 19:13
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
Written by tea[m]ster on 07.07.2009 at 17:56

Mastodon?

Considered Nu-Metal?

If not then maybe Killswitch Engaged

Mastodon is actually more a Progressive Grove Metal band and Killswitch Engage is Metalcore.
----
(space for rent)
10.07.2009 - 15:22
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
contributor
What about Chevelle and Taproot?

Both of these bands ARE NOT listed on this website

Don't tell me they aren't METAL enough either :- cause they both kick ass!
----
rekt
10.07.2009 - 17:39
gwarscumdog
Coal Chamber Best Nu Metal band ever Loco, Big Truck, bad though they broke up. Then Spineshank.
22.07.2009 - 01:57
wormdrink414
elite
None. They all suck.

I'm sure someone else has posted this. Maybe even multiple people.
16.09.2009 - 21:19
King_Nothing
I voted for Disturbed only becouse of their first album. the other albums are alternative metal, but they still rule:banger2:
18.09.2009 - 11:42
blackwreath
Korn, even though i'm not a teenager anyore, I can still listen to them and be interested. Honorable mention: Disturbed, Believe era.
18.09.2009 - 19:39
batusay
Disturbed :X are the best after my opinion, and for the once that say nu-metal is bad i'm telling you that nu-metal is my life and i like it mpre than back or dead 60% of those bands are my favorite
----
Come inside and be afraid
Of this impressive mess I've made
If you take a look now you will find
PERFECT INSANITY
23.09.2009 - 05:25
Guib
Thrash Talker
Ok wtf obviously its Systeme of a Down..

It'll own this thread... No wonder why look at the list
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
28.09.2009 - 00:26
MetallicA
I chose Slipknot. At least they have double bass in some of their songs and they would come closest to metal imo. SOAD is definitely a close second.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
28.09.2009 - 02:40
ToMegaTherion
I'm not a big fan of any of them really, Disturbed are ok though, they have some good songs and some catchy riffs. Slipknot also have their moments on occation. My vote will go too Disturbed though.
30.11.2009 - 15:09
Olli
Written by gwarscumdog on 10.07.2009 at 17:39

Coal Chamber Best Nu Metal band ever Loco, Big Truck, bad though they broke up. Then Spineshank.

have you heard of devildriver? same vocalist but heaveir everything else. You might like em if you lvoe coal chamber =]
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
30.11.2009 - 15:12
Immortal
Written by Guest on 07.04.2009 at 07:33

Kittie would be the best Nu Metal band...they've heavier than all those bands listed...

Seconded.

Also because they're hot
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
02.12.2009 - 17:21
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I think that most of nu metal is actually pretty good but I can't believe system of a down is winning!!!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS