03. Animated Anchoret
04. Thief Of The Adour
05. Anthem About The Breed
06. The Black Side
07. Press The Pressure
08. I Am Free
09. Witness Of Delusion
10. Acrid Insanity

The Death Metal /Black Metal scene just gets weirder day by day, I don't understand and I might never will, what's the deal of ultra low guttural vocals, you can't understand a thing, and the only thing that I think while listening to any of these demonstrations is "poor guy, he'll need a throat transplant after this"

In case you were wondering, yes, Luna Field has one of those ultra low tuned guttural vocalists, and I have a problem with that, there, I said it. When I listen this kind of vocals (very common in Grindcore) , I fell like listening to a drunk guy puking in a dark alley, maybe this is how you sound when you choke in your own vomit.

But besides the guttural vocals, Luna Field (great band name btw), throws a little "extra" in the mix, ultra-high ear-piercing Black Metal vocals, I mean, the shrieks in this album are so high pitched that I'm sure that if I put this on the street, dogs will start to bark!

Needless to say, you can't understand a damn thing of what these guys are singing about, only growls and shrieks, I'm sure that some of the shrieks are so high-pitched that are imperceptible to the human ear.

Musically, they do a nice job, but the whole experience is ruined by the horrible vocals, some songs have piano passages though, giving the music a melancholic feel. Other songs like "The Dark Side" and "Acrid Insanity" are entirely instrumental, with eerie passages all along. If you wait 'til the 7:30 mark of the last song, you'll hear some sounds that might be recorded at a mental institution.

I can't recommend this to anyone that doesn't like rough vocals, as for you fans of undecipherable vocals, you'll like this. As for me, I'll stick with something that doesn't make bark my dog and make my canary unstable.

Written by Undercraft | 09.01.2004

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 21 users
18.01.2008 - 18:02
Deadsoulman

I so don't agree

Yeah, the vocals are either very low or very high-pitched, so I can understand how someone who doesn't like that kind of voice would be turned off, but the music is excellent black death metal. Of the brutal type, but with those melodic moments that make it all very special. And the songwriting is absolutely brilliant, complex but brilliant.

All in all, this is a very good album. I'd give it almost an 8. Not spectacular but highly enjoyable
18.01.2017 - 09:37
Dr. Strawberry

I've to agree with Deadsoulman. Metal is supposed to be "weird" (as Undercraft claimed). Vocals are absolutely good here ! This album is a 8-9 material. Undercraft might bring MS a bad name if he continue throwing weird reviews on here.

Hits total: 2978 | This month: 4