Metal Storm logo
How do you search musicians to play in your band?

19.01.2008 - 00:39
Alex Smith

So, you decided to make a band. Of course, you need musicians. And you start to search. How do you do it? If you use Internet, so post names of your local forums or something, if you use newspapers or magazines, so write the names of that publications (I really need it), or tell us, if you do it different way. It must be interesting...
19.01.2008 - 02:35
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
ive got a forum for that for my band here on MS itself... you could try that...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
19.01.2008 - 06:37
Alex Smith

Written by BurbotsRevenge on 19.01.2008 at 02:35

Post a link
19.01.2008 - 07:06
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by Alex Smith on 19.01.2008 at 06:37

Written by BurbotsRevenge on 19.01.2008 at 02:35

Post a link

http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=9770

thats the one for my band, so i guess you could try that, but you could try the local newspaper, i never did that, but i'm sure itd be worth doing
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
27.01.2008 - 10:08
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I just lucked out I guess. As I was getting more acquianted with my friend he suggested we jam, then he said we should start a band and that's what it has been like ever since. Before that it was just friends in school.

As you already figured out, the paper is a good resource, same with online ads. Some music stores might have flyers with musicians looking for others to start a band, or you could make some new friends at some local concerts and take it from there.
27.01.2008 - 13:46
NECURATU

Best thing for me seemed to stop searching and leave fate to unwind . I met a guy by a total freak accident and after about an year or so we realised we wanted the same thing musically speaking, in the mean time posting adds and meeting, well not countless, but a lot of people and haven't found anyone to fit. So we're doing mostly everything ourselves right now and hope that by some similar mishap of fate we'll bump into someone. But there's many things involved here. I hope the rest of you have an easier time finding the right people and getting where you want.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
28.01.2008 - 12:24
Smurfophagist

I live in a town which is full of musicians...I mean it, everyone is good at playing something. So my band and I decided that we could experiment a little with some other metal genres. We started writing our own stuff, and decided that we need a keyboards player. My girlfriend recommended to us a friend of hers, and it turns out she's pretty good, she's even playing in a music high school. We will try out our new song next weekend. It's kinda Progressive power metal song. Still have to find a vocalist, though...
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
28.01.2008 - 13:24
Alex Smith

Our city is full of musicians too, but all good ones already play in bands, others are too bad, that I'd recommend them to forget about music.
28.01.2008 - 20:11
Lord TJ

My area SUCKS for finding any musicians at all, either they are all corrupt with metalcore and nu metal thinking they are metalheads, or just a bunch of emo's playing Greeday shit forever. Only ONE notable band, called Lucifixion (they have a profile here!!!)

Im currently forming a cover band of Death, but I haven't got a name yet, im going to try to do vocals because NOBODY in my stinking town can do it, so alls I have to do is wait on my drummer to contact me. I dont like my growl sounds too much, but hey, the reason Chuck Schuldiner never did vocals for Control Denied is because he never liked his own vocals, but everyone else loved it. So who knows how things could turn out for me?
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
03.06.2008 - 14:59
Rozz

my city has to many guitarist's and not enoghe drummers or bass players
03.06.2008 - 19:57
NECURATU

Haha, a few nights ago my guitarist went to smoke some sort of pipe with this guy and the conclusion was we now have a second guitarist haha.
----
04.06.2008 - 00:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I usually just get really drunk at a bar and talk to other musicians. 9/10 it never actually follows through, but the people that end up giving me a call generally are passionate about starting a musical ensemble.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.06.2008 - 10:41
Smurfophagist

We have a neat thing in my city called the rock cafe, a great place to recruit musicians. The cafe has a back room which contains musical instruments (electric guitar, bass and drums). People go there to relax, jam with their bands or with complete strangers. If I hear someone who sounds like an ok musician, I ask him if he is in a band, and then we work something out. But 80 percent of people I know play some kind of an instrument, so recruiting musicians is never a problem.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
08.06.2008 - 03:51
Haightredy

I didn't search for musicians, it took about 9 months, but I somehow eventually ran into 4 other people who played instruments, and was into the same music. But the good thing about that is that we weren't just searching through random doushbags that we had never met. We're just people who randomly met, and became really good friends, and hang out all the time, just like normal friends. Sometimes I forget that we're an actual band, but the downside of that is that we get distracted from playing a lot.
08.06.2008 - 09:00
NECURATU

Well it's nothing bad in communicating. Me and my gitarrist haven't actually seen each other in like 6 months. Bloody misanthropes .
----
08.06.2008 - 15:20
Valentin B
Iconoclast
forums.rgc.ro is how i would search for anyone for my upcoming project, a judas priest/iced earth tribute band, though most of the people on there(who post) are blues rock guys.
08.06.2008 - 17:28
NECURATU

^There was also that kid who wanted a satanic guitar for blakk metal and they told him to use barbed wire for strings and such lol. Internet is not a good solution. Most likely you'll bump into an idiot and waste a lot of time.
----
09.06.2008 - 04:22
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They come into my band's pad and play a few songs with us and we record a few songs after the musician has listened to our songs and has had tabs to look over...we record him playing the songs with us and we listen to them later and if they're to our liking, we call him back and tell him that he made the cut
08.07.2008 - 11:18
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by NECURATU on 08.06.2008 at 17:28

^There was also that kid who wanted a satanic guitar for blakk metal and they told him to use barbed wire for strings and such lol. Internet is not a good solution. Most likely you'll bump into an idiot and waste a lot of time.

on RGC?? wasn't it on the 'Nuclear Desert'?

well, i did find a band that let me audition and shit, of course i screwed it up entirely lol, and i found some other band members for a project i had going on in autumn, but i gave that up, so RGC is not really that bad.
08.07.2008 - 18:29
NECURATU

Well, my plans for a Gustav Mahler-like aproach to writting music have just been fucked by my band mate failing his maths examn >.<

F U C K
----
10.07.2008 - 10:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by NECURATU on 08.07.2008 at 18:29

Well, my plans for a Gustav Mahler-like aproach to writting music have just been fucked by my band mate failing his maths examn >.<

F U C K

what's the Gustav Mahler approach?
10.07.2008 - 18:33
NECURATU

Spending summer at a retreat in the woods with a lake nearby.
----
27.07.2008 - 17:51
Balkamer

I'm looking for a someone to record drum tracks for my band are any of you or do you know anyone interested in doing it?
www.myspace.com/moonshadowforest

thks
----
β۸طﻺ٨щﻉהּ