Metal Storm logo
Favorite Comedian(s)

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 22.01.2008 - 22:37
my faves are currently Hard Gay(hoooo!), but as all timer's i love Chris Tucker(for all the classic black humor he has) also Jeff Dunham for Peanut and Achmed, and Jim Breuer for the classic Ac/Dc spoof http://youtube.com/watch?v=UdjRTOuo4Sc
11.06.2010 - 22:51
KryptoN
imperceptible
Rowan Atkinson: Especially his 1992 live sketch performance in Boston which is still one of my all time favorite pieces of comedy.

Doug Stanhope: I like his straight-to-the-point angry drunken style which is basically the opposite of politically correct and I like the way his rudeness and offensiveness are often deeply based on real important issues. He doesn't tiptoe around topics in fear of upsetting someone. I highly recommend his "No Refunds" show/album.

Dara Ó Briain: He's got a nice mix of deeper and lighter comedy and has a great delivery of jokes which to me is enhanced by the thick Irish accent.

Jim Gaffigan: My favorite "goofy" comedian. I especially like his bits where he voices the thoughts of a fake audience member.

Pablo Francisco: Another goofball and one of the best light comedians in the "comedic delivery" department. Just one of those "lolz, look at him go" types of people.

Just a short list of some of my favorites, mostly stand-up comedians. I could go on and mention the Monty Python crew, the Kummeli crew (Finnish) and Leslie Nielsen etc. but the list would grow way too long. I don't know, I guess my favorite type of comedy is usually connected to anti-theist, anti-religious and other anti-bullshit topics. I also enjoy random/surreal/wtf comedy a lot.
13.06.2010 - 03:46
Got Mayhem?

I don't know many British comedians other than John Clesse and Rowan Atkinson but they're absolutely brilliant. Carlin is legendary, plain and simple. Chappelle is always a good listen as well, Dmitri Martin does great on his show. Blue Collar Comedy is also something I enjoy, especially Bill Engvall.

Dane Cook: Just not funny. I remember just a few years ago when there was an absolute cult following around him...that was annoying.
----
13.06.2010 - 10:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by KryptoN on 11.06.2010 at 22:51

Dara Ó Briain: He's got a nice mix of deeper and lighter comedy and has a great delivery of jokes which to me is enhanced by the thick Irish accent.

I have a lot of respect for his style of comedy, and he as person, he's very intelligent.
13.06.2010 - 19:32
Miro

Russell Peters,Jeff Dunham,Norm Macdonald,Rowan Atkinson,Chris Rock,Monty Pynthon crew,Eddie Murphy,Dave Chappelle,George Carlin,Richard Pryor
13.06.2010 - 19:42
Derwood

Steven Wright - his complete deadpan delivery just kills me.

Andre Phillip Gagnon - a French Canadian comedian who does musical impersonations that are always spot on and hilarious. His Def Leppard playing Mr. Roger's theme cracks me up and his ability to impersonate a saxophone is amazing.

Jeff Dunham - not usually a fan of ventriloquists, but the man is funny.

Some that I've never understood the appeal of at all are Jim Carrey, Jerry Seinfeld, Richard Pryor and a few more of the big ones.

John Cleese, however, is fantastic.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
13.06.2010 - 22:21
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
My favorite comedian:

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.06.2010 - 18:36
KryptoN
imperceptible
Written by Miro on 13.06.2010 at 19:32

Russell Peters

Oh yeah, Russell Peters is one of the greatest "cultural" comedians. His delivery of various different accents is simply phenomenal. And his scenarios between people from different cultures/mindsets are really funny.
19.06.2010 - 19:09
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by Ellrohir on 13.06.2010 at 22:21

My favorite comedian:

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I was going to do the exact same thing. AH! You beat me to it!
----
(space for rent)
08.07.2010 - 02:44
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
08.07.2010 - 06:31
whatsacow

Mitch Hedburg is getting pretty close nowadays. He'll have to get past dylan moran and demetri martin firsty though
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
17.07.2010 - 01:51
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Eddie Izzard during his transvestite days. "Cake or death?" Freaking brilliant.
18.07.2010 - 12:16
vezzy
Stallmanite
Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Monty Python, The Marx Brothers and The Three Stooges.

No more needs to be said.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
26.09.2010 - 21:13
KryptoN
imperceptible
Some new favorites that I've known for a while but only recently checked out in depth:

Frankie Boyle: Mostly very offensive and politically incorrect stuff and just generally a lot of dark and often "awkward" stuff. There are some things that are a bit off, but mostly his material is brilliant.
A compilation of short stand-up bits from the series "Mock the Week"

Bill Bailey: A mix of goofball & brilliant musical comedy.
"Apocalyptic rave"

U2