09. Psycho Suicide
10. Down
11. Vicious
12. Beast Denies
13. Laid To Rest
14. Jesus Saves
15. Dead Men Talk
16. For All Eternity

Lately, Rob Halford has created his own label, Metal God Entertainment. Through this label, Halford can release some of his solo-project and since that Fight is one of them, the label has released lately "K5 - The War Of Words Demos". This CD is a compilation of all the Demos versions of the title of the first album of Fight with in addition five unreleased songs. This is not something essential especially if you already have the album but it's a correct compilation nonetheless and if you like Halford I think that it could be interesting for you.

"K5 - The War Of Words Demos" is more like a collector than anything else. The fact that this CD is a compilation of the Demo versions of "The War Of Words" will not give you a lot of new things if you already have the album in your discography. Even if you will be able to listen to five new songs (which are all correct but not really important in the Fight's discography in my opinion) there is not a lot of interest in this release. Of course, it's Fight with the high-pitched vocals of Mr Halford and we have some excellent thrashy riffs, for sure this is not a Heavy Metal for sissies but all in all it's a lot more logical to buy the album (despite the five new songs) than to buy this "compialtion". It's correct ok, but doesn't give anything special and it will only be a a must if you're fan of Mr Halford.

Even if it's demo songs the sound is ok and it's funny to see that a song like "Best Denies" (featured on the compilation) has become later "Reality, A New Beginning" (with different lyrics of course). The booklet is also really interesting with a lot of pictures the lyrics and a good biography but even if it's well done there is nothing essential here.

"K5 - The War Of Words Demos" was made for the fans of Halford who want to get everything from him. If you already have Fight's discography you don't have to buy this compilation in my opinion. Also if it can be a good way to discover the band the albums (I know I'm repeating myself) are probably a better pick but don't misunderstand me too, this CD and the songs which are featured on it are good songs, they're just already known so this is not a must. Now that Fight seems to be active again maybe that it could be a good thing to release a new album? Let's see if it will happen.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 7

Written by Jeff | 22.01.2008

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 57 users
22.01.2008 - 23:49
Rating: 8
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I got this and I loved it! But then again I also do not have the album so I guess its all pretty new to me.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.01.2008 - 17:24
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Doc G. on 22.01.2008 at 23:49

I got this and I loved it! But then again I also do not have the album so I guess its all pretty new to me.

I don't think your sentence makes much sense...
You got this but you don't have it?
----
Bitch! Please
24.01.2008 - 00:31
Rating: 8
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by iaberis on 23.01.2008 at 17:24

This is just the demos, also available is the actual album War Of Words, which I dont have, I have this CD, the demos.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.01.2008 - 01:14
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Doc G. on 24.01.2008 at 00:31

Written by iaberis on 23.01.2008 at 17:24

This is just the demos, also available is the actual album War Of Words, which I dont have, I have this CD, the demos.

Ah OK, now I get it...
----
Bitch! Please
19.10.2017 - 12:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
1th line in a review was about he launched a label. I have seen many artists do own labels, there I have a question, does big labels as CM, NB cares about metal or money?

Kostas
Demos often are diferent as album, I have hear bunch of demos where music is different as album version, btw here you can hear that demos are basically good studio work, rare in many cases.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 9984 | This month: 15