Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - Support Act For European Shows Announced

Iron Maiden are very pleased to announce that Avenged Sevenfold will join them as special guests at Twickenham Stadium on July 5, Paris Bercy July 2 and 3 and a number of dates in Finland and Scandanavia (as listed below) on their "Somewhere Back In Time World Tour."

Following the mighty success of their recent album, "Avenged Sevenfold" (which charted at No 3 in Billboard in the USA and is close to gold in the UK), the band are currently on an extensive sold out UK tour and vocalist M. Shadows comments - "I've seen Maiden play countless times and am continually blown away, not just by their live show, but also by the great records they continue to make. We have learned much from Iron Maiden and are honored to be sharing the stage with some of the greatest icons in rock music."

Maiden Manager Rod Smallwood comments: "Its a tremendous time for Metal fans right now with some fantastic young bands making a real mark for themselves. Maiden are delighted to be bringing their fans one of the very best, Avenged Sevenfold, who will be joining them on a number of their European Summer shows. It all adds up to an even more memorable night out for the fans! We will now be considering who will play in the slot before Avenged at Twickenham."

For more information on Ax7 go to their website at http://www.avengedsevenfold.com.

The dates on which Ax7 special guest with Maiden are as follows:

JUNE
Fri 27 - ITA, Bologna Parco Nord Gods of Metal
Sun 29 - BEL, Dessel Graspop

JULY
Tue 1 - FRA, Paris Palais Omnisports de Bercy
Wed 2 - FRA, Paris Palais Omnisports de Bercy
Sat 5 - ENG, London Twickenham
Wed 16 - SWE, Stockholm Stadium
Fri 18 - FIN, Helsinki Olympic Stadium
Sat 19 - FIN, Tampere Ratina Stadium
Tue 22 - NOR, Trondheim Lerkendalstadium
Thu 24 - NOR, Oslo Valle Hovin
Sat 26 - SWE, Gothenburg Ullevi
Sun 27 - DEN, Horsens Gods Bane Pladsen

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 25.01.2008 by Warman

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 30   Visited by: 250 users
25.01.2008 - 22:02
Warman
Erotic Stains
Again a sucky opener for Maiden! The 2005 Gothenburg show was great, with Mastodon and In Flames as openers!
----
25.01.2008 - 22:13
iaberis
Advice Troll
I hope they will bring a guest for the Greek show too. Otherwise it will be too fucking expensive to pay 50 euros just for Iron Maiden...
----
Bitch! Please
25.01.2008 - 22:16
RockeRoy

last year trivium and now this!
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
25.01.2008 - 22:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by iaberis on 25.01.2008 at 22:13

I hope they will bring a guest for the Greek show too. Otherwise it will be too fucking expensive to pay 50 euros just for Iron Maiden...

I wont even go for free if tahy be there, pure IM or no show , I hate such thinks in concerts warm up jerks, what i dont wanna see damn i will stop go to concerts IMO
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.01.2008 - 22:28
H-metal

Avenged Sevenfold sucks big time.
----
I listen to metal before you were even born...
25.01.2008 - 22:29
DoomGuard

wat?

y does Iron Maiden let little emo fags share the same stage as their glorious n awesome selves?!
25.01.2008 - 22:30
Stigma
Account deleted
I'm not familiar with them, so I dunno.. By looking your reactions their show will suck.
25.01.2008 - 22:38
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Trivium then avenged sevenfold. next year it will be Nickleback or some other shitty mainstream band.
----
Coldgrits
25.01.2008 - 22:41
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i can;t really be the judge since i haven't heard a7x, but metalcore and maiden don't mix too well, at least they won't play here.
25.01.2008 - 22:48
insanity.peppers

LOL it's almost obligatory for metal bands (I mean the shit ones that have nothing to do with Maiden's scene) to say Maiden were a huge influence on them. If they have an opening band in Aust. it has to be either Lord or Vanishing Point. Please not I Killed the Prom Queen :-(
25.01.2008 - 23:23
Stalker
Lone wanderer

LOL we were paynig like, 30 euros hahahh
----
25.01.2008 - 23:37
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
In Australia its no better, we have several well known Power Metal bands that would fit as an opener, but no, they select a hardcore band.... what a load of shit fuck! Only Melbourne got a decent band, i think its Vanishing Point.
25.01.2008 - 23:37
Charly546

All I can say is:
26.01.2008 - 00:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Wow, Id really like to know whos idea this was.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.01.2008 - 01:14
Mrshll

At least Avenged Sevenfold will make Maiden look even better.
26.01.2008 - 03:26
Talvi

Oh well, I thought Trivium was the worst they could do for an opener...
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
26.01.2008 - 03:38
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Iron Maiden are capable of doing so much more . when Number Of The Beast came out, the members ov A7X were probably just being born .
26.01.2008 - 10:34
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Well I dont see Portugal there so I guess here it wont be avenged sevenfold
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.01.2008 - 15:27
dancingdecember

Written by -DC-002- on 25.01.2008 at 22:38

Trivium then avenged sevenfold. next year it will be Nickleback or some other shitty mainstream band.

well it's not about AS being mainstream since maiden is one of the most mainstream(known) bands ever but AS is emo fags like someone else mentioned and metal fans dont give a shit about them they could get a real metal band as an opener.

and btw that bioshock is fukkin awesome right ? (i completed only half so dont give spoilers )
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
26.01.2008 - 19:45
YoreLore

why do maiden insist on getting shitty support bands? remember Gamma Ray supported them through mainland europe which got me excited about them coming to Scotland, then they switched them with Funeral For a Friend WTF? Then Trivium now Avenged Sevenfold...embarrassing
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
26.01.2008 - 20:03
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Mrshll on 26.01.2008 at 01:14

At least Avenged Sevenfold will make Maiden look even better.

Okay, that was just stupid Does a band like MAIDEN really need a shitty support act to make them look good? I can understand if Ax7 picked a local metalband consisting of retards to be their support to make them look good ^^
27.01.2008 - 14:57
GT
Coffee!!
Hmm don't know Avenged... but judgeing by the commets above they aren't really something to look forward to...too bad, but what the heck then I have time to drink some beers insead
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
28.01.2008 - 00:40
Number Juan

I would actually pay 50 dollars to see maiden alone if they played in MSG or other NYC venues. They always avoid nyc for some reason.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
28.01.2008 - 13:59
Hyvaarin

Written by -DC-002- on 25.01.2008 at 22:38

Dude, as if Iron Maiden aren't mainstream.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
28.01.2008 - 21:37
Murder

fuck and fuck again!!!!!!!!! why maiden invite this kind of bands??? I can't understand it...

what the hell is doing advenged sevenfold with Iron Maiden??? this makes me cry :,(
29.01.2008 - 00:15
MUSIC?
Account deleted
lol I guess money is a deciding factor for anyone, even legends.
30.01.2008 - 11:34
Moop Monster

Avenged Seven Fold... Why? There's going to be 2 totally different crowds at every show.
04.02.2008 - 12:53
Katsimichas
Account deleted
Relax guys, a support act slot is all about who pays Rod Smallwood the most. I don't think Maiden even give a damn. It's music business, it's all about money when it comes to managers. And we're talking about real money now, tens of thousands of Euros...
05.03.2008 - 13:25
the prisoner

Another crap opening band, trivium last year now avenged seven fold
05.03.2008 - 17:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
A crap opening band now, wow, that brings back meories to their Wordl Slavery Tour concerts in Europe in 1984 when they also had a crap opening band.... Mötley Crue
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 9163 | This month: 3