Metal Storm logo
What's the best music to study with?

Original post

Posted by iaberis, 27.01.2008 - 14:05
Every year when the exams start, I'm getting into a big dilemma... I don't know what to do when I study! Listen to music or not at all? Well sure it depends on the subject you're studying, but give me your opinions...

I wish I could have every possible genre in the options, but the options are limited, so I think that's the best way to put this poll...

Poll

When with a book in hands, what's the best music to listen to?

No music at all!
Melodic metal
Instrumental tracks of any genre
Extreme metal
Other - please define
Classical music...
Electronic / EBM / Ambient / Industrial
Rock or glam...
Hardcore / Metalcore

Total votes: 199
04.05.2011 - 19:59
Bulletdodger
During usual learning music breaks my focus, but while solving problems classical music works inspiring.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
04.05.2011 - 23:52
BrokenKnuckles
THRASH METAL!!!!
15.05.2011 - 15:15
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
Melodic metal while solving problems only! I can't study with music. It's impossible to focus on the two together, like you have to focus on the solo and study at the same time.... Really hard!
15.05.2011 - 16:11
ANGEL REAPER
Try learning math and electrical engeniring with Marduk,or Bathory ... its fucking awesome... Metal improve everything including boring subjects at university ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
15.05.2011 - 17:52
Rose
I typically listen to classical music myself, when studying things that are slow and have less vocals tend to be good for setting a good study session.
17.05.2011 - 02:35
king_matt
Instrumental. I can't focus when there's singing, growling, squealing, grunting, screaming, or yelling when I'm trying to learn about pythagoran theorem.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
17.05.2011 - 05:03
Anarchy2012
I really have no idea why industrial helps me study, but seeing as i have A's i dont plan on changing anything. My suggestion is try them all out.
----
Im not racist. I hate everyone regardless of other issues.
17.05.2011 - 11:25
Candlemass
Defaeco
I tried and study with music...I prefer, no music at all. I concentrate better!
17.05.2011 - 12:43
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Don't have a favorite music for studying. Today I saw yself writting an essay for my biotechnology class while listening to Death's Leprosy. Sometimes I've been listening to classical music, sometimes even grindcore. So yeah... I can listen to pretty much everything as long as I like it.

I usually listen to just music that isn't very catchy and works as background music. In this case Leprosy was an exception. Most of the time I tend to listen to Drone, Grindcore, Black, Doom and Post-something... Works wonderful as background but when you pay attention to the music is even better.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.05.2011 - 14:00
Reza
Account deleted
According to the original post, It completely depends on the subject I'm studying but about the exams, I usually save all my studying for the last moment. I remember that about 1 year ago, I studied a 500 page book (Operating System) in 1 night (of course I couldn't finish it ). I never slept that night !
Anyway I can't listen to music when I'm studying for my exams
17.05.2011 - 15:31
whatsacow
Try and do maths while listening to kayo dot. It did my fucking head in!
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
17.05.2011 - 22:02
Edmund Fogg
Melodic instru prog. anything that is easy listening works for me. I dont know why, I concentrate better when I have something else in the background
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan