02. An Eye For An Eye
03. On The Edge
04. My Last Breath
05. Mirror Of Sins
06. Hidden
07. Judgement
08. Deadend
09. Fallout

Made Of Hate is the new official clone of Children Of Bodom! Well, not really since that the music of the band has some little differences with the one of the combo from Finland but all in all, it's so similar that it's not so wrong to talk about a new kind of cloning. Though Made Of Hate is not a bad band and they're even a promising young one but they will have to find their sound first, and that's something that it should happen in a near future if all is ok.

Let's see what are the real differences between Made Of Hate and COB. First Made Of Hate comes from Poland and not from Finland? Ok I know that's not enough for you, so let's talk about their music. With MOH you don't have any kind of Keyboards and of course when you know the importance of the Keyboards in COB that's a big difference. Also, the music of DOH and especially its soli are really inspirited by classical music and it can sounds a bit like the soli of Malmsteen or Rondat, it's still Extreme Power Metal but some riffs and soli are really epic and it's a good point for MOH. Those three differences are the only differences between Dream Of Hate and Children Of Bodom and on all the nine songs of "Bullet In Your Head", you'll be able to find fast double bass drums, hyper melodic riffs and guitars soli and of course the black/death Metal voices? MOH has some good ideas but all in all it's too similar to the music of Children Of Bodom to be really attractive to the people who're not into the music of the band from Espoo. On the other hand if you like Children Of Bodom and Power Metal inspired by classical music, I'm sure that you'll like "Bullet In Your Head".

Michal Kostrynski is a bit like the Alexi Laiho of Poland. Like the Finnish musician, Michal sings on the album, plays the guitar and he is able to produce some impressive guitars soli. The other guys aren't bad too and since that the production and the mixing of the record are really good, we don't have a lot of problems on this release. As you can understand my only regret here is that Made Of Hate is just too much into the music of COB to be really impressive and original. If the guys want to become famous and not only become a new Norther they will have to add something new in their music and why not develop this classical music side which is really interesting imo (but of course it's a matter of taste and I know that some people will hate this side too?).

"Bullet In Your Head" is a correct album which only suffers of a too big similarity with some releases like "Hatebreeder". If you like Children Of Bodom, Norther and such bands, you can go to buy this album without any problem. Made Of Hate is not a bad band at the opposite but let's hope that they will find the way to become original and to write music a bit more personal. If they can do it, be sure that a lot of people will talk about them. We will see if they can do it.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 27.01.2008

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 95 users
27.01.2008 - 20:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
How come the album cover says Made Of Hate and your review says Dream Of Hate? And yes, they sound a bit too similar to COB for me to be able to tolerate.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.01.2008 - 21:04
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Sorry for the mystake! It's fixed now
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
28.01.2008 - 22:45
Dark Blood
The Avenger
It's a copy of COB without a keyboard player.. they have nice guitar melodies though, but too damn similar.. I'm tired of listening to these bands with no creativity..
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
30.01.2008 - 11:38
Moop Monster

Too bad, I thought Archeon had something... but.
30.01.2008 - 12:06
Rating: 6
Kinetic

I think this review is too tough considering the quality of this album. Is highly enjoyable and I think it isn't that similar to COB.
However after listening to it I find that there's a little bit of rigidness in the way they play and need to add something to call their own...also, wouldn't hurt them to make more complex lyrics/concept.
22.02.2009 - 23:02
Svneatr
Vitharr
I'm still waiting on a new release so hopefully the next album will be better. however archeon was way better then moh.

Hits total: 10273 | This month: 5