Metal Storm logo
Worst letdown ever.

Original post

Posted by selken, 29.01.2008 - 04:21
All these bands have been known for being elite both outside and inside metal world, but sometimes they got the wrong idea
Remeber when you were waiting even 3 years for your favorite band's brand new album, you run to the store buy the album (in a higher price cause is hot, you don't even want to wait until it gets cheaper) and back to your home or in your car you put that disc with that smell of new and push "Play" and you say WTF IS THIS??? Did I got a wrong album??, you check the cover and nop your nightmare is not, this albums sucks, well, that happened to me with last Sonata's album, I was about to crash my father's car because of the shock, well, I think you got my point, lets talk about your experience, tell us which album dissappointed you the most and how was your experience. C'mon ppl talk and get back here

Poll

Which album is the worst crap you ever wasted your money with?

Metallica - St. Anger
Other worse (really?, tell us which)
Megadeth - Risk
These albums are not so bad
In Flames - Come Clarity
Sonata Arctica - Unia
Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet
Helloween - Chameleon
Kreator - Endorama

Total votes: 257
17.07.2009 - 22:43
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
contributor
St.Anger - Sounds like they recorced the album inside a ginormous trash can!
----
rekt
18.07.2009 - 03:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by tea[m]ster on 17.07.2009 at 22:43

But was it a letdown? Were you really expecting something good after they had already released the black album, load and reload? I guess not, so, then it in't a letdown now is it?

For me And Justice For All was a letdown cause I was expecting something glorious after Metaliica's first three, but what did I get? A mediocre album at best. Sniff.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.07.2009 - 04:13
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.07.2009 at 03:37

But was it a letdown? Were you really expecting something good after they had already released the black album, load and reload? I guess not, so, then it in't a letdown now is it?

For me And Justice For All was a letdown cause I was expecting something glorious after Metaliica's first three, but what did I get? A mediocre album at best. Sniff.

I thought it was a letdown because I was expecting something better. All the press were going on about how it was a return to the past. You know those journalists who listen to the album before it is released, they were all: "it sounds a lot like And Justice" and that kind of crap. Me and all my metal friends were like, cool, looks like Metallica are finally going to bring out something decent, then I bought it the day it was released, listened to it about ten times to give it a chance and haven't listened to it since.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
18.07.2009 - 13:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Haddonfield on 18.07.2009 at 04:13

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.07.2009 at 03:37

I thought it was a letdown because I was expecting something better. All the press were going on about how it was a return to the past. You know those journalists who listen to the album before it is released, they were all: "it sounds a lot like And Justice" and that kind of crap. Me and all my metal friends were like, cool, looks like Metallica are finally going to bring out something decent, then I bought it the day it was released, listened to it about ten times to give it a chance and haven't listened to it since.

Well if you were expecting something good because of all the talk surrounding the release beforehand then it sure was a letdown for you.
I know tht some journalsts said i was return to their old sound, also the band themeseles said so. But then again having followed Metallica since their demo dys I was sceptical of the band's statements, and the press only said that stuff because of the free trips to California they were getting.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.07.2009 - 14:13
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.07.2009 at 13:35

Well if you were expecting something good because of all the talk surrounding the release beforehand then it sure was a letdown for you.
I know tht some journalsts said i was return to their old sound, also the band themeseles said so. But then again having followed Metallica since their demo dys I was sceptical of the band's statements, and the press only said that stuff because of the free trips to California they were getting.

Yeah, well maybe the journalists should start being honest instead of ball suckers so the fans don't spend their money on crap like St. Anger.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
22.07.2009 - 07:36
wormdrink414
elite
Are You Dead Yet? sucks.
14.09.2009 - 03:20
Kratos
St.anger=shit
14.09.2009 - 15:58
Black Mass
As much as I love Metallica, St. Anger made my ears bleed, and not in a good way. Thank fuck they sacked Bob Rock.
18.09.2009 - 16:20
Guib
Thrash Talker
WTF chameleon.. THats not a LETDOWN..

THATS A FUCKING DISASTER

Gosh I hate Kiske.. this guy was a plague to metal lovers...
Thanks god hes gone !

besides... Deris can do his job perfectly during shows.. I love his singin on old songs
so fuck you KISKE

(and those who voted ''these albums aren't so bad'' ... well WTF, just WTF)
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.09.2009 - 16:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guib on 18.09.2009 at 16:20

THATS A FUCKING DISASTER

Thanks god hes gone !

besides... Deris can do his job perfectly during shows.. I love his singin on old songs
so fuck you KISKE

Kiske did a better job on both Keeper of The Seven Keys albums than Deris ever did on any of the albums he sung on. Kiske just blows Deris right out of the water vocally.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.09.2009 - 16:28
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.09.2009 at 16:24

Written by Guib on 18.09.2009 at 16:20

THATS A FUCKING DISASTER

Thanks god hes gone !

so fuck you KISKE

Kiske did a better job on both Keeper of The Seven Keys albums than Deris ever did on any of the albums he sung on. Kiske just blows Deris right out of the water vocally.

Ya but ''HE'' fucked up the band ''HE'' never liked Metal and ''HE'' is an ass...
sorry bud I never said he was a bad singer NEVER
but Deris can do the job pretty good
.... beside I prefer Deris vocals on Eagle Fly Free .. (because of the Live on 3 continents) it was just... orgasmic
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.09.2009 - 16:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Kiske did NOT fuck up the band. Helloween fucked themselves up with Chameleon. Helloween wrote the music to that disasterpiece and not Kiske. I remember from back when it was released that Helloween said they were rpoud of it musically and they wanted to experiment, so don't blame that on Kiske.
Kiske DID like metal only later on did he start to hate it (because of the incredible amount of morons in the metal scene/business etc.)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.09.2009 - 16:47
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Wow...i never knew Kiske hates metal...especially after hearing him together with Avantasia
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

18.09.2009 - 16:57
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.09.2009 at 16:40

Kiske did NOT fuck up the band. Helloween fucked themselves up with Chameleon. Helloween wrote the music to that disasterpiece and not Kiske. I remember from back when it was released that Helloween said they were rpoud of it musically and they wanted to experiment, so don't blame that on Kiske.
Kiske DID like metal only later on did he start to hate it (because of the incredible amount of morons in the metal scene/business etc.)

Well relations between the band members was really bad mainly because of Kiske, and that obviously has an impact on their music...
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.09.2009 - 17:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guib on 18.09.2009 at 16:57

Well relations between the band members was really bad mainly because of Kiske, and that obviously has an impact on their music...

The relations were actually good at the time. It is after the release when the album flopped that relations got worse.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.09.2009 - 17:10
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.09.2009 at 17:08

The relations were actually good at the time. It is after the release when the album flopped that relations got worse.

Really ? I thought it was already bad at that point.. when Kai left the band I thought Kiske tried to stand up and change the band
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.09.2009 - 17:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guib on 18.09.2009 at 17:10

Really ? I thought it was already bad at that point.. when Kai left the band I thought Kiske tried to stand up and change the band

Nope, everything waas good at the time. KLiske never tried to change the band, it was the others who tried and did that.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.09.2009 - 17:13
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.09.2009 at 17:11

Written by Guib on 18.09.2009 at 17:10

Nope, everything waas good at the time. KLiske never tried to change the band, it was the others who tried and did that.

Oh well, I still don't like Kiske for his Metal Hate
and you must Admit Deris is a good choice for replacement, I mean they couldn't find anyone else able to sing like kiske (not exactly like kiske but able to sing the old classics)
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
23.09.2009 - 04:34
ToMegaTherion
Sonata Arctica - Unia (Two reasons it was more of a let down than St Anger)

1 - I expected better from Sonata, they had done mostly good work up until then, I did not expect such an average album from them at all.

2 - I expected St Anger to be shit, Metallica was falling badly and this was just the absolute pits of that, I expected it and therefore it wasn't a suprise.

Risk i think copes a lot of flak but in truth it wasn't all that bad an album, It just didn't sound very much like Megadeth, besides it wasn't a great suprise they had been going down that road for a long time before they made Risk so really it wasn't all that much of a suprise.
23.09.2009 - 06:53
danielllewis
Suffocation - Blood Oath was the biggest letdown for me. Sure it's better than all those albums on the list, but they're such a great band, and I was expecting much, much more from this release. That's why it was the biggest letdown for me.

I think st. anger was no surprise because the band was obviously getting worse and worse with each album.
----
24.09.2009 - 04:01
MetallicA
Hahaha yeah I chose St. Anger. I love Metallica but as far as I'm concerned, they broke up when they made that album then got back together again for Death Magnetic
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
28.10.2009 - 07:51
Kingslayer76
I remember when i bought St. Anger. It was like three days after it came out. So i come home put it in my cd player and im all excited and then crap. I tried to like it for about 10 minutes. So i let the entire album play and took it out and put it up. I was quite disappointed, but fuck man i was like 16 or 17. Sooo naive. I never listened to it again.
----
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."--Thomas Jefferson
29.10.2009 - 19:16
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
With Saint Anger winning so handily, i've come to the conclusion there are an awful lot of gullible, naive people who have visited this thread...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.10.2009 - 20:02
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Easily "Resurrection Macabre" by Pestilence. When I heard they were getting back together and making a new album, I was over the moon. When it came out though, and I finally heard it, it definitely was the most disappointed I've been with an album ever. I just found most of it generic, boring, and most of the songs were indistinguishable from one another. Even "The Crucible Of Man" by Iced Earth isn't as bad, as at least that had a tiny amount of redeeming features!

I actually enjoy all the albums given in the poll, yep, even "St. Anger"! The horrid production, and the "no solos" rule definitely brought the album down a lot. But I thought most of the basic ideas were good, and there were some decent riffs mixed in with the dog's dinner of a sound.
29.10.2009 - 20:22
Warman
Erotic Stains
I think I'll have to add Ayreon's "Actual Fantasy" to my list. I don't know what it is, it sounds Ayreon but like if Arjen put all the bad Ayreon parts in one single album. And I'm not a huge Ayreon fan. It costed me like a brand new album and the shit is embarrasing. My little sister even once asked me: "WTF are you listening to? Sounds really gay!"
I didn't know what to reply...
----
30.10.2009 - 01:15
St anger was awful also the iron maiden album no prayer for the dying was pretty bad songs like mother russia and public enema number one were good but other than that not at all up to usual maiden standards.
30.10.2009 - 22:19
FeskarN
For me the biggest letdown lately was CoB's "Blooddrunk". Shit.. Have just listen to it 5-10 times, can't stand it. The awesome melodies are toatally gone and replace by some really crappy thrash riffs. Alexi's vocals are so boring nowdays. And note that I became a fan after listen to the album "Are You Dead Yet?". For me there is a BIG difference between that album and "Blooddrunk".
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
31.10.2009 - 05:54
Brave
Atleast lot of people dont like St.Anger
03.11.2009 - 13:34
Am I the only person in the world who actually LIKED St. Anger?
03.11.2009 - 18:27
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by HarmonyCorruptio on 03.11.2009 at 13:34

Am I the only person in the world who actually LIKED St. Anger?

No you're not!

It is my least liked album by Metallica, for a number of reasons, but there is some goodness to be found amidst the terrible production and arrangements.