Metal Storm logo
What're you shooting with?

Original post

Posted by LeChron James, 30.01.2008 - 06:09
some people here fancy themselves photographers. what are the tools of your trade? ive got a Rebel XTi with an excessively large 650-1300 telephoto lens. and you guys?
29.07.2008 - 05:10
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 29.07.2008 at 05:00

Written by LeChron James on 29.07.2008 at 04:28

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 28.07.2008 at 20:09

Dad gave me a new camera!
Sony DSC-H50, semiprofessional, 9.1 megapixels

very very nice. did you or your dad pick this out? cause whoever did has good taste in cameras.

We went to teh sony store and saw it, in a tripod, you could actually ply with it a little
We both liked it and since I'm only starting seriously in photography, it's perfect.

thats hella tight i hope it works out for you. thats a hella good lookin camera.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.07.2008 - 05:49
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by LeChron James on 29.07.2008 at 05:10

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 29.07.2008 at 05:00

Written by LeChron James on 29.07.2008 at 04:28

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 28.07.2008 at 20:09

Dad gave me a new camera!
Sony DSC-H50, semiprofessional, 9.1 megapixels

very very nice. did you or your dad pick this out? cause whoever did has good taste in cameras.

We went to teh sony store and saw it, in a tripod, you could actually ply with it a little
We both liked it and since I'm only starting seriously in photography, it's perfect.

thats hella tight i hope it works out for you. thats a hella good lookin camera.

Thanks partner.
I'll eb starting a phoography course in september. For now it's all about exploring teh camera features. I'm not gonna read the manual
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
31.08.2008 - 09:23
Nyarlatothep

Currently a Olympus E-300 DSLR, but are strongly concidering the E-520, or maybee the E-3 depending on how the price keeps itself after Photokina in september. Or maybee both these cams are dropped, Depends on what Olympus announces on Photokina besides from the EVIL series.

Rumours says a new E model between E-520 and E3 with Enviromental proof sealing, So that might be a winner.
----
"To defend one's life and the safety of one's fatherland is the prize and excellence of this discipline"
03.09.2008 - 22:52
-Soulreaper-

I bought my wife the Canon Digital Rebel XTi for her birthday and the camera is just wonderful. Very user friendly and just a great quality. I will put up some photos I have taken with it so far, later on.
04.09.2008 - 01:45
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by -Soulreaper- on 03.09.2008 at 22:52

I bought my wife the Canon Digital Rebel XTi for her birthday and the camera is just wonderful. Very user friendly and just a great quality. I will put up some photos I have taken with it so far, later on.

i have the xti as well and i must agree that the camera is fuckin BEAST.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.09.2008 - 16:52
-Soulreaper-

Written by LeChron James on 04.09.2008 at 01:45

Written by -Soulreaper- on 03.09.2008 at 22:52

i have the xti as well and i must agree that the camera is fuckin BEAST.

That it is man.
04.12.2008 - 21:56
Soliloquy

Ahh...for someone whos trying his hands in photography, what would you guys recomened? any particular brands over the other? and for someone who is on a budget too. like, give it about 400-600ish dollars. obviously, i'm not looking for something professional. so nothing with a telescope like lens.

pros and cons over one that is digital vs manual? are there any particularly evident differences? and i'm guessing DSLR are something i'm looking for...? whats so good about dslr over a non-dslr camera?
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
05.12.2008 - 03:20
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Soliloquy on 04.12.2008 at 21:56

Ahh...for someone whos trying his hands in photography, what would you guys recomened? any particular brands over the other? and for someone who is on a budget too. like, give it about 400-600ish dollars. obviously, i'm not looking for something professional. so nothing with a telescope like lens.

pros and cons over one that is digital vs manual? are there any particularly evident differences? and i'm guessing DSLR are something i'm looking for...? whats so good about dslr over a non-dslr camera?

DSLR's give you complete control over what your pictures look like. that and you can change your lenses out and whatnot.

non-DSLR's are obnoxious to deal with, the only exception being the Nikon CoolPix 9800 or whatever.

i would recommend you a Canon Rebel XTi, its a camera that will last you for hella years and wont break.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

29.12.2008 - 23:54
Nyarlatothep

Still shooting with my old Tank E-300 but seeing that the E-30 comes up now, it MIGHT be suitable for replacement, depends on the pricing policy. As it is initialy its better of going for the E-3 (at the current pricing level). drop down a few hundred and well talk. If that aint happening anythime soon... its a big chance ill be ending up with a new lense instead (better light and faster than my current ones). Maybee 12-60mm
----
"To defend one's life and the safety of one's fatherland is the prize and excellence of this discipline"
06.02.2009 - 12:12
Sigyn
miaregine.com
I am using a Nikon D200 (different lenses) and I also have a SB 800 flash. LOVE IT!
Also been working with Canon 20D, Nikon D3 and D300
----
www.miaregine.com

Delirium and Delight