Metal Storm logo
Best Cradle Of Filth album

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 11.06.2006 - 22:18
It's quite simple, I would like to know what album of Cradle Of Filth you like best, with a good reason (an explanation in musical likability such as : vocals, drums and guitars or other).

My vote went out to Damnation and a Day, I really like what they've done there. Once again subliminal vocals, a full guitar sound, nice drums and immortal lyrics.
It's hard to pick a favourite song off of this one ..
I'd say :
The Promise of Fever
Better To Reign In Hell
Carrion
Presents From The Poison-Hearted
Mannequin
Bab(a)lon AD (So Glad For The Madness)
The Smoke Of Her Burning
Thank God For The Suffering
Hurt And Virtue

I know this is about half the album, but those are just kickass songs. This album made me love Cradle Of Filth!

Discuss your taste!

Poll

What is the best Album created by Cradle Of Filth

Midian
Dusk... And Her Embrace
Cruelty And The Beast
Nymphetamine
Damnation and a Day
The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh
Bitter Suites To Succubi
Lovecraft & Witch Hearts
Live Bait For The Dead

Total votes: 202
26.02.2008 - 07:13
NOИ
Midian offcourse! I love this album. there are too many amazing songs in it!
25.03.2008 - 21:19
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
Midian!!! It's a perfect fast, symphonic, horroristic and melodic black metal album!!!
----
"Now I'm leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I am starting my journey, I'm drifting away with the wind
I go"
26.03.2008 - 02:56
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
MIDIAN!! i love it even of cof are a bit nowadays. every song off midian is awesome, i like lord abortion and amor e morte
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
09.06.2008 - 23:26
Ka Tet
Damnation & A Day is by far my favorite. So many parts of that album stand out for me. The guitars on it are the best sounding of all their albums both rhythmically and tonally IMO.

Midian was my first CoF album, and I love Lord Abortion and Her Ghost In The Fog.

Nymphetamine is also quite good.

Except for a few tracks here and there of the others that's all I really listen to by CoF anymore.
19.07.2008 - 22:31
crimsonmoon
Account deleted
look all the dumbass kids that like nymphetamine the most!

for me it was a tough pick between cruelty and the beast and damnation and a day
i picked damnation and a day
HAIL CRADLE
20.07.2008 - 08:26
sq_xeper
for me its:
1- Cruelty and the beast- It was the first COF album I listened to, its a very consistant record and its very extreme, the atmosphere, the intensity and the whole concept album idea its awesome
2- Dusk...and her embrace- together with cruelty their best albums, period!
----
The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight...
27.07.2008 - 19:17
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
I can't possibly understand why you guys like Damnation that much... That album sounds like a never-ending single track to me, except for The Promise of Fever and Babalon A.D. COF had a super opportunity to play real symphonic metal with Damnation, but it's a total mess IMO... Anyway, my favourite COF albums are Dusk, Cruelty & the Beast and Midian. If I'd have to chose, I'd have to take Midian. Lord Abortion, Her Ghost in the Fog, Cthulhu Dawn, Amor E Morte and Tortured Soul Asylum are incredible. Midian sits on the edge between their old school keyboard-oriented extreme gothic metal and their widely rejected new "mainstream sound", with guitars put in the front. Atmospheric and melodic at the same time, with unforgetable nasty lyrics.

However, if Cruelty and the Beast had had a better production, it would have been my favourite. Even with the lyric booklet in hands, you can't make any sense of the vocals and the drum is barely audible. A blurry album that could have been a masterpiece... I know Dani Filth claims it is the album he's the most proud of, even though the mix is shit. THEN RERECORD IT, YOU ASS, IT WOULD BE MUCH BETTER THAN THORNOGRAPHY!
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
27.07.2008 - 19:30
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Their albums vary from very good to very bad, although I never listen to any of them. Dusk... And Her Embrace is their best album to, with Vempire and The Princinples Of Evil Made Flesh somewhere behind it. Dusk beats both of them by miles though.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.07.2008 - 03:39
Sick Girl
Dusk...And Her Embrace.

They are my favorite band, though their newer songs EXTREMELY dissapoint me, but Dusk...And Her Embrace will always be my favorite along with Vempire.
08.08.2008 - 18:22
havoheJ
Account deleted
My choose is "Dusk ... And Her Embrace". Definitely a brilliant album. Hard to choose between both brilliant albums "Cruelty And The Beast" and "Dusk ... And Her Embrace".

Greetings havoheJ
08.08.2008 - 19:34
Elio
Red Nightmare
midian followed by damnation and a day...don't like them so much anyway
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.08.2008 - 21:18
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Midian is the best one to me... but i dont see much difference between Midian and their new stuff. So how can someone like Midian and hate Nymphetamine??
Its practically the same thing. Songs like ''Saffron's Curse'', ''Amor e Morte'' and ''Cthulhu Dawn'' easily could be put in the Nymphetamine tracklist.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
09.08.2008 - 15:26
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Midian was the album that bought me into the old Cradle style, and I really enjoyed the cd. Their best for me.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
21.09.2008 - 20:03
Firaga
The first album of Black Metal i have ever listen was the one who got me mesmerized. O_O

"Oh, sweet Midian,
I burn for thee at heart.
Don't despair me.
Come bare me on wings of graveyard robbed leather
To where pleasure rings deep secrets
In spurts, after dark..."
21.09.2008 - 23:31
Rémi
Account deleted
Cruelty And The Beast with Midian close second.
03.10.2008 - 08:44
ChildrenofFilth
Account deleted
definitely cruelty and the beast! i love every song on the album and desire in violent overture and beneath the howling stars are my favorite songs. you also cant forget that they did the "hallowed be thy name" cover on here!
09.10.2008 - 19:34
Midian is my fav, because is brutal!!!
30.10.2008 - 15:54
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Please, get Live Bait for the Dead out this poll and put Godspeed instead, it's my favourite (well, at the moment...)

And I can't for the life of me understnd why Thornography is not in the poll while Lovecraft and Witch Hearts is. I know Thornography sucks, but at least it IS a studio abum, not a compilation...
----
30.10.2008 - 16:51
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by MétalNoir on 30.10.2008 at 15:54

Please, get Live Bait for the Dead out this poll and put Godspeed instead, it's my favourite (well, at the moment...)

And I can't for the life of me understnd why Thornography is not in the poll while Lovecraft and Witch Hearts is. I know Thornography sucks, but at least it IS a studio abum, not a compilation...

Hmmm.. allow me to guess. Thornography wasn't released when the poll was created?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.10.2008 - 14:04
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Yeah, realized it after having posted that message... Then, we'd have to create another poll someday, cause this one's obsolete IMO... Live albums and compilations shouldn't be in the polls, anyway.
----
02.11.2008 - 15:26
Stuart
MiseryKing
I can't believe Midian is winning this poll.
03.11.2008 - 02:10
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Me neither! Great stuff! ahah
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
09.12.2008 - 17:20
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Even Thornography? I mean, I kinda like it, but LOVE?
----
12.12.2008 - 07:53
Eshny
Account deleted
I voted for Bitter Suites to Succubi.... Dusk is prob my second fave album.
08.01.2009 - 14:37
Slayer666
Written by MétalNoir on 09.12.2008 at 17:20

As much as I hate to admit it, I actually like a song or two from Thornography. Like "The Fetus of a New Day Kicking" or 'Byronic Man". But it's still a biiiiig dissapointment. Nothing compared to other albums.
Anyway, my fav is their first album. The Principale, that is. Darkest and most brutal, but in the same time most melodic..... But the production seriously sucks ass, though. And the vocals are wierd.
Why do people like Midian so much? The only worse album is Thornography IMO.
08.01.2009 - 19:30
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Slayer666 on 08.01.2009 at 14:37

As much as I hate to admit it, I actually like a song or two from Thornography. Like "The Fetus of a New Day Kicking" or 'Byronic Man". But it's still a biiiiig dissapointment. Nothing compared to other albums.
Anyway, my fav is their first album. The Principale, that is. Darkest and most brutal, but in the same time most melodic..... But the production seriously sucks ass, though. And the vocals are wierd.

It's spelled "Principle", actually... but most people write it Principal, for some reason.
----
08.01.2009 - 19:38
Slayer666
Written by MétalNoir on 08.01.2009 at 19:30

Written by Slayer666 on 08.01.2009 at 14:37

It's spelled "Principle", actually... but most people write it Principal, for some reason.

Right, my bad.
09.05.2009 - 21:06
Land Of Doom
For Me I suggest Nymphetamine is the best album
----
We Only Fear What Comes
And Smell Death Every Day
Search For The Answers That Lie Beyond
14.05.2009 - 13:52
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Cruelty And The Beast is easily the best album imo. The first two are also great but Cruelty is like... 3 levels above the first two.
Cradle Of Filth never wrote a better song than the epic Bathory Aria. Amazing song.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.05.2009 - 23:43
Andresopeth
Midian with no doubts!
Cruelty And The Beast could have been my second option!