Metal Storm logo
The Drone Thread

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 31.01.2008 - 17:58
Finally what we always wanted, the ultimate thread about Drone. I figured since most of the Drone-related threads die a quick and painless death, somebody should do something about it!

So discuss Drone in all it's forms and shapes here, for it is a great genre. Let me start with some of my fav. bands:

The Angelic Process: Due to their nature of Drone/Doom and their awesomeness, I've included them in here. "Weighing Souls With Sand" was a frikking masterpiece and their "Coma Waering" is great too. Absolutely amazing stuff, in my opinion, though I might have overplayed it a little. Full review here..

Hjarnidaudi: Another amazing band. Their (his) debut album will schorch your balls off, so much heat is present on this album. One of my favourite bands atm and certainly one of my most-played. Full review here..

Hlidolf: The former version of Hjarnidaudi. Same dude, different music. The only album, V01D", is a collosal astral space trip, and a long one too. Seventy minutes of pure void-music, hard to digest, but good.

Furthermore I have ordered two more Drone albums, which I cannot wait to hear: "Fulci - Dead Sky/Red Lights" (more Drone Rock, I believe) and "Hyatari - The Light Carriers". I'll post my opinion on them here, hopefully soon!
14.05.2016 - 10:33
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Lets make this thread good again.
My favourite drone/doom this year is Horse Latitudes and Wolvserpent. Also found this http://www.cvltnation.com/premiere-hipoxia-si-devs-esset-occidendvs-erit/
Any good drone guys?
16.05.2016 - 11:19
Paz

Written by Guest on 14.05.2016 at 10:33

Any good drone guys?

Check out Dwelling In A Dead Raven For The Glory Of Crucified Wolves by Wolfmangler, if you haven't already done so. It's original and disturbing.

17.05.2016 - 00:11
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Paz on 16.05.2016 at 11:19

Written by Guest on 14.05.2016 at 10:33

Any good drone guys?

Check out Dwelling In A Dead Raven For The Glory Of Crucified Wolves by Wolfmangler, if you haven't already done so. It's original and disturbing.

Thanks, gonna check it out. Keep em coming.
10.10.2016 - 16:48
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Nobody posted any Bull of Heaven so far? Alright. They are basically a two-piece avant-garde/experimental band notorious for creating some of the longest pieces of recorded music. Mostly not strictly album in the traditional sense but more like this:

"Between the end of 2010 and 2011, the band started creating various music puzzles, anti-music, and even lengthier pieces of music. Examples include MP3 files that are actually RAR archives, password-encrypted files, pieces embedded within other formats, such as PDF and EXE, pieces listed with negative song lengths, and a variety of SWF files."

"In December 2011, two more extremely long pieces of music were released by the band. 286: 0 and 287: n, the first lasting over twenty-nine million hours, and the latter lasting more than eighty-seven trillion hours. 310: ΩΣPx0(2^18×5^18)p*k*k*k is their longest release, and lasts for 3.343 quindecillion years"

Yeah they are insanely outsider art and self-proclaimed musical scientists. Interesting band. Anyway, loving these tracks a lot.

10.10.2016 - 17:09
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
What art has become?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
10.10.2016 - 17:19
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Tra - The antithesis of what art should be.

P.S. - We definitely need more Flatulists.
14.10.2016 - 07:22
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by fifasafe on 14.10.2016 at 04:47

Finally, whereas conventional weight nba 2k17 VC Coins lifting programs concentrate of particular physique parts, your complete body gets a exercise when performing these lifts. This increases an athlete's conditioning and decreases their time within the health club. Instruction economically is vitally significant to today's.

athlete who commonly plays greater than one particular sport and has extremely small time to strength train. The Olympic lifts offer the most beneficial leads to the least period of time. Not to mention the enhanced strength and size that the athlete will create whilst moving .

the weights by means of the full selection of motion that the clean and jerks and snatches demand.For NBA 2K17 MT the majority of higher Just like any other basketball leagues in the globe,

Stop spamming or more accurately, don't start.
14.10.2016 - 17:04
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Btw you can click the "report to mods" button in the beginning of the page and indicate that the guy is spamming =)
It took me like a couple years to realize that button purpose... And it wasn't by myself
----
- Reimu Hakurei
14.10.2016 - 20:54
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Yeah I thought of doing that but I didn't know if it was worth a report, so just quoted the guy.
15.10.2016 - 13:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
It's a bot though, so not really worth quoting.
03.11.2016 - 05:37
Sang Dalang Abu

I really don't understand about drone metal, but in some forums said drone metal is more magnificent than other metal genres.

I hope that was joke.
05.12.2016 - 18:59
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Seems one half of the Bull of Heaven band/project Clayton Counts has passed away on 22-Nov-2016. RIP.
05.01.2017 - 13:15
NAHR ALMA is something that sounds like Sunn O))) mixed with Portal.

https://nahr-alma.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/nahr-alma

05.01.2017 - 15:53
mz

That would be awesome.
The problem, though, is that the band plays post black metal, with little to no resemblance of either portal or sunn o)).
portal + sunn will sound like portal I guess at the end
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
05.01.2017 - 16:53
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by 3rdWorld on 05.12.2016 at 18:59

Seems one half of the Bull of Heaven band/project Clayton Counts has passed away on 22-Nov-2016. RIP.

His music will last forever though... Literally
sorryIhadto...
----
- Reimu Hakurei
06.04.2022 - 11:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Spanish drone doomers Orthodox are working on new album.
They posted hashtag on FB whit new album

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=313127520800856&set=a.181207233992886
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing