04. Héritier
05. Hors La Loi
06. Maudit
07. Mémoire
08. Damoclès
09. La Mort Dans L'Ame
10. D'un Autre Sang
11. Enfin Delivré
12. Future world ("Pretty Maids" cover only For Japan)

+ CDRom Track with The video Of "Future world" [Live At The Locomotive, duet with Ken Hammer And Ronnie Atkins From Pretty Maids]

And yes, after 2 years the new "Manigance", "D'un Autre Sang", is coming across the world to show us and confirm that the French Metal scene is growing and growing again. After the big sensation of their first album "Signe De Vie" this excellent Heavy metal band from the South West of France come back with their 2nd real production. And woaw!!! Even if "Signe De Vie" was like a big kick in the ass of a lot of Heavy Metal fans [with a lot of excellent critics in France, Germany, Japan etc?] this new album is just like a nuclear bomb. Firstly in the French metal scene, where Manigance, with their talented song writing and with their mastery of music, destroy like a hurricane all their rivals. Secondly worldwide because this new production will put certainly Manigance to the level of Edguy, Angra and a lot of famous heavy metal bands.
"D'un Autre Sang" is just THE masterpiece of the beginning of the year and it will be very hard for bands that fight in the same category to make something better and wonderful.
Let's see why and how Manigance is certainly today one of the most powerful, and original Heavy metal band of the international scene?

When two years ago I heard on a local radio the single "Ange ou Démon" I must admit that this moment was for me like a big black out? Who was this unknown band, which sings in French and does a fantastic heavy metal with excellent crazy guitars riffs and amazing guitar solo? Well it was not too hard for me to find their first real album and understand that I was in presence of a little masterpiece.
Some bad critics say that this album sound "old" well now they can't say anything more because the great success of Manigance show that this band is certainly not "old" as they say and can be like by a lot of Metal lovers.
With "D'un Autre Sang" Manigance confirm my first impression, this French combo is one of the best Heavy metal band in the world.
All the tracks of the new album could be a real "Hit Single" just amazing, few bands did that before. "Héritier" "Mourir en héros" "Hors la loi", "Empire virtuel"?, are all just fantastic compositions.
All the songs are very catchy with fantastic guitar riffs, thundering double pedal drums, amazing guitar solo, excellent keyboard parts etc etc etc? With that, we can add the beautiful voice of Didier Delsaux who can be considerate as one of the best French [and metal] singer today. Well nothing to say, the new album is a really good album.
Another time all the lyrics are in French, and it's also a good point because well, it's new and French is a very nice voice for Heavy metal, and also they really can say what they want. And another time they did an excellent work of writing here we have great lyrics that don't speak about fantasy [like to much bands in Heavy metal?] but about the life of every day. And it's just good? If you understand French you'll see that Manigance is not just a band who know music and instruments but who also know how to write excellent story. Moreover this new album is more dark than the last one and for my parts I find this idea very good? Heavy metal could be dark too?
Another real good point of this album, the mastery of all the musicians with their instruments who show us that they can compete with all the musicians of the international metal scene. Perfect?
Let's talk about the production, I don't have the booklet then I cant' t speak about it, but for the sound I will say that that is just perfect. And it's their own recording into their own studio? No needs to record an album in Finland or Germany when you can do a work of that quality at home?
Well I have nothing to say more this is just a fantastic album and a lot of bands could learn a lot of things while listening Manigance.

Without doubt "D'un Autre Sang" is The album of Heavy Metal of the beginning of the year 2004 this production is amazing, a pure masterpiece of Heavy Metal. All the metal fans can thanks NTS and Olivier Garnier to produce this excellent French band.
Nothing To Say more, Manigance with "D'un Autre Sang" is now one of the best Heavy metal band in the world of music.
Rock on Manigance!!!, Hail for you guys!!! and thank you to make that kind of music?

Written by Jeff | 04.01.2004

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 17 users
31.01.2008 - 18:21
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Deffinitely they got better with this album, they are one of teh best heavy metal bands nowadays, and their lyrics kick major ass (don't know french but I translated them on my PC). Great review Jeff
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!

Hits total: 4834 | This month: 9