Metal Storm logo
Favorite Actors

Original post

Posted by Clintagräm, 12.06.2006 - 02:35
Well, if you can read the threa title, you know what this is about. I'm just sitting here watching 'Along Came Polly' and I thought about making this harmless thread. Not much to explain.

Philip Seymour Hoffman - I love his versatility as an actor. He can pull off the funny rolls like when he played Sandy Lyle in 'Along Came Polly', I love the sharted scene and the clearing his throat scene and especially the basketball scene (Rain drop, old school, WHITE CHOCOLATE.) I also like him in 'The Big Lebowski' and 'Twister.' Of course, what he is known for most are his powerful performances. Of course we all know he won Best Actor for 'Capote.' He also did a wonderufl job in 'Love Liza'; '25th Hour'; 'Magnolia'; and 'Red Dragon.' A great actor.

Brian Cox - In my opinion, Brian Cox is the man. Every movie he's in is great because of him, basically. I loved his roles in 'X2'; 'Troy'; 'Super Troopers'; 'Manhunter'; and I really enjoyed his rendition of Hermann Göring in the tv series 'Nuremburg.'

Edward Norton - Of course, another favorite. What can be said? 'Red Dragon'; 'Fight Club'; '25th Hour'; and my personal favorite 'American History X'.

Those are just three among many. Arnold, Chris Lee, Mel Gibson, Jeff Bridges, Ian McKellen, Jack Nicholson. I could go on, but you get the picture.
21.05.2012 - 20:49
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 21.05.2012 at 20:43

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the lameness of calling Morgan Freeman "More Gun Freeman", which is totally lame, especially as he's an actor that's generally stayed away from overt gun use in his career on screen.

All right, thanks. It's just that one-word posts may be confusing.
Anyway, as Morgan Freeman has avoided appearing with guns on screen, the word play "More Gun Freeman" is actually a rather good joke because of the obvious contradiction in it.
21.05.2012 - 21:04
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 21.05.2012 at 20:49

All right, thanks. It's just that one-word posts may be confusing.
Anyway, as Morgan Freeman has avoided appearing with guns on screen, the word play "More Gun Freeman" is actually a rather good joke because of the obvious contradiction in it.

I think calling that a joke would be a stretch (or even funny to be frank). Jokes work better when they play on stereotypes or irony. For example, calling him "Morgan Free Man" would have been funnier because of the fact he's black and the history of black slavery, and lack of "freedom" that came with it - therefore not a "free man". An ironic play on words, rather than an ill-conceived, clumsy play on the sound of words.
21.05.2012 - 21:21
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 21.05.2012 at 21:04

stereotypes or irony.

Well... More Gun Freeman who doesn't use guns at all... isn't that ironic?
21.05.2012 - 21:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 21.05.2012 at 21:21

Well... More Gun Freeman who doesn't use guns at all... isn't that ironic?

If his name was More Gun it would be, but it's not. It's Morgan, which isn't even pronounced anything like "more gun"

More Gum Freeman = ironic because you never see him chewing gun.
22.05.2012 - 02:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Guest on 21.05.2012 at 21:04
"Morgan Free Man"

Extremely relevant:
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.05.2012 - 06:26
YureiYumi
Account deleted
I like jason statham, ray winstone, ben kingsley, and i like paul giamatti
25.05.2012 - 15:07
Ikuinen
Favorite Actors
Takeshi Kitano - Amazing actor and director

Rutger hauer...Super cool actor, but he's been in a lot of shitty movies

Mila Jovovich ..also been in some bad movies, but she is the most beautiful woman on earth
28.05.2012 - 10:00
YureiYumi
Account deleted
Rutger hauer FTW!!!:D
20.08.2012 - 03:55
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Jack Nicholson's performance in "The Shining" is outstanding and in "One Cuckoo's Nest" as well. Definitely my favorite actor with Nicolas Cage as a close runner up..... i'm completely kidding about the Nicolas Cage part

20.08.2012 - 06:10
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by Alex F on 20.08.2012 at 03:55

Jack Nicholson's performance in "The Shining" is outstanding and in "One Cuckoo's Nest" as well. Definitely my favorite actor with Nicolas Cage as a close runner up..... i'm completely kidding about the Nicolas Cage part

"One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest" is a good flick.

and glad you are kidding about Cage. cannot stand him, always thought him a whiny bitch since the first time I saw "Valley Girl"
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
20.08.2012 - 08:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Cage is a terrible actor. Like I mentioned somewhere before, maybe even on this thread, he is totally unbelievable as an alcoholic on the verge of death due to too much alcohol consumption. I really cannot understand people raving about that rle of his. If you want to see a believable portrayal of an alcoholic watch Mickey Rourke in Barfly.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.08.2012 - 01:03
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
They filmed some of the gym sequences of the movie Firebirds at my HS in like '89. a couple friends of mine went up to him and gave Cage their autographs...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.09.2012 - 01:40
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Benicio Del Toro is easily one of my favorite actors.

23.01.2013 - 19:58
Krankheit
Account deleted
Written by Ikuinen on 25.05.2012 at 15:07

Takeshi Kitano - Amazing actor and director

Totally agree with you! Worlds most violent comedian.
24.01.2013 - 18:32
Mad Arab666
Samuel L Jackson. Sometimes I wonder why they don't cast him for every role in any movie he stars in.
----
Bring up the wolves head!