Metal Storm logo
What do you think about/do you get along with - your ex?

Original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+, 12.06.2006 - 04:36
Well, I remember this topic used to be in the old forum. Simple: Do you get along with your ex? What do you think about her/him? I have 3 Exs: My first GF, and gave me some of the best 6 months (January - June 2006) of my life I laugh everytime we see eachother 'cause she gets so nervous, hehe. It was cool and while it lasted, but it's over. I wish the best for her.

My 2nd was in 2007, 3 and 1/2 months (May - September). What happened? I have no idea. She dumped me. Funny she wants to be my friend. Anyway I'm fine now.

And my thir was a very short one (November 2007 - January 2008). She hates me 'cause I dumped her, but it was teh best 'cause I simply wasn't happy anymore and didn't enjoy spending timwe with her anymore... Too possessive, too dependent, too "intense" (calling 4 times in one day or more)... And I'm too laid back for that.

So, keep going. Love? Not for now thanks. I prefer not to get my heart ripped out, as it has happened both times: I give everything and in teh end I get nothing but a stab in my back and a kick in my ass. So, no love for me, not just yet.
01.09.2011 - 15:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 01.09.2011 at 14:53

Roro..Cursing your ex-bf ?? Try it,i strongly want to see that!

are you her ex same age , contry, music
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.09.2011 - 16:34
Roro

Written by Guest on 01.09.2011 at 14:53

Roro..Cursing your ex-bf ?? Try it,i strongly want to see that!

u wont, i am done of cursing .
(hey, i had many ex-bfs )
28.03.2013 - 17:55
Jpageforever

I broke up with my last boyfriend lady year, and he tells everyone that he broke up with me. Everyone who was there knows, though, and they told me this. I Just said as long as everyone knew that I was NOT dating his sorry ass, I was all good no matter who everybody thinks broke up with who . We don't talk. My crew and him don't get along at all
29.03.2013 - 16:54
Thrashette

I don't talk to any of my exes, don't really see the point... Like there's one who I probably could still be friends with, but it's not like I'm gonna go out of my way to chill or talk with him. There's so many better people in my life now, he's kinda boring, and I wasted way too much time with him when we were dating.
29.03.2013 - 17:39
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Ex always means how I stupidly before I decided in my life, how I made a fool of myself I learnt my lessons from that and I will cherish it and I will not go around him whenever I feel like there is a chance of meeting him in a place I will not go there.
29.03.2013 - 18:42
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 29.03.2013 at 17:39

Ex always means how I stupidly before I decided in my life, how I made a fool of myself I learnt my lessons from that and I will cherish it and I will not go around him whenever I feel like there is a chance of meeting him in a place I will not go there.

What about he bounced back with "honesty", "true emotions to get back you" and "means everything to you"?
29.03.2013 - 18:47
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 29.03.2013 at 18:42

What about he bounced back with "honesty", "true emotions to get back you" and "means everything to you"?

well once my trust is ruined in someone, then it can't be changed suddenly again. trust is gained through a long time and it can be ruined at one moment.
29.03.2013 - 22:02
Sinnercist

Well considering the shithole he dragged me through on the second half of our 6 year relationship, when I walked away I had no regrets and definitely no more feelings left. I made a clean cut and never regretted it. His last word to me were "you cant do better than me, I am the best you'll have". I drove away, had some chocolate cake over coffee with a friend and never looked back. Then again, history shows, being my ex is not good for ones health. The next day I was out on a date (and a few weeks after). The funny thing was that it was with an actor from his favorite TV show (which he found out about).
...Two month after that, I heard from a mutual friend that he discovered in a tabloid journal his sister buys a photo of me and a famous director having brunch. I'm sure that was a kicker mood booster

Personally I think without having a few exes one cannot truly appreciate the magnificence of a relationship and all the potential that word has.
----
From YOLO to LOLOL. You're welcome.
30.03.2013 - 09:40
Rhiannon
Account deleted

This.
30.03.2013 - 09:58
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Sinnercist on 29.03.2013 at 22:02

Well considering the shithole he dragged me through on the second half of our 6 year relationship, when I walked away I had no regrets and definitely no more feelings left. I made a clean cut and never regretted it. His last word to me were "you cant do better than me, I am the best you'll have". I drove away, had some chocolate cake over coffee with a friend and never looked back. Then again, history shows, being my ex is not good for ones health. The next day I was out on a date (and a few weeks after). The funny thing was that it was with an actor from his favorite TV show (which he found out about).
...Two month after that, I heard from a mutual friend that he discovered in a tabloid journal his sister buys a photo of me and a famous director having brunch. I'm sure that was a kicker mood booster

Personally I think without having a few exes one cannot truly appreciate the magnificence of a relationship and all the potential that word has.

Oooh I'm curious to know who the actor and director were
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
30.03.2013 - 14:16
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 30.03.2013 at 09:40

This.

yup exactly
30.03.2013 - 17:37
Sinnercist

Written by Spirit Molecule on 30.03.2013 at 09:58

Oooh I'm curious to know who the actor and director were

sorry, but i'll leave this information to your imagination
----
From YOLO to LOLOL. You're welcome.
31.03.2013 - 07:58
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Not really.
31.03.2013 - 15:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well I havent been any ex last 4-6 years so.... no regrets, ppl misunderstand, we were made to be alone. I dont like anythink now.
Single means no ex, no problems
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.04.2013 - 01:30
MetallicA

My most recent ex: nope. Dated him for 6 years...I want my years back.

As I get older, I know more and more of what I want in a guy. When I was like 17 or 18, I remember telling my mom I wanted someone who didn't do drugs (not even pot), didn't smoke cigarettes, had long hair, was a metal head, in college or already graduated college, and who liked going to shows. She said that's alot to ask for. I didn't think so though. When I was a freshman in college, I found someone who fit that very description (the one I dated for 6 years). It turns out there's more that I want out of a guy...all this I learned from this particular relationship.

Now, I could give a rats ass what he listens to, he definitely should be educated (I value an education very much), have goals in life especially to keep improving himself (by continuously training in whatever job he has so he can be better and better at it), have healthy interests & hobbies, not be depressed or suicidal (I don't care to play the role of therapist again, ever), support me in my career aspirations, not be jealous of me but rather be happy for me, be outgoing (I can't stand staying inside if I don't have to so I need someone who's the same), likes to drink socially for fun (NOT drinking for depression, fuck that noise), likes to travel & is willing to spend a little extra to have fun, someone who likes to take risks and likes to take life at full throttle. I've done some really neat stuff, most of it without him because his view on life is completely different than mine. I know everyone has their own views and lifestyles, it just didn't work for me & vice versa.

As for keeping contact, it's usually for getting mail that still goes to his house or something like that. I don't care to ever get back with him. He sucks your soul right out of you and makes you hate life just as much as he does. I'm so fucking glad I never had kids with him...if he ever does reproduce, I feel sorry for those kids. Yeah, I have alot of resentment towards him, for not supporting me in my career choice (that's why we broke up). I know I'll get over it but it'll take time.

Lessons learned and I'm sure I'll keep learning!
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
29.04.2013 - 01:46
Mattybu

Written by Bad English on 31.03.2013 at 15:57

Single means no ex, no problems

99 Problems but a bitch ain't one
If you having girl problems I feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one
02.05.2013 - 18:05
emperorgonzo
Account deleted
I don't speak with any of my ex's. Especially my ex wife. Makes life easy.
07.05.2013 - 14:42
Jtbmetal123

I have 4 ex girlfriends and I just dont see them anymore. Its like they are gone forever. We both moved on.
16.05.2013 - 06:23
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I bet I'd get along with your ex
----
Coldgrits
16.05.2013 - 11:25
Bulletdodger

I'm still in contact with girls I had flings with, but much less contact with ex-girlfriends, seems easier.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
19.05.2013 - 15:40
Sunioj

They are all cunts.
30.09.2013 - 09:25
mischievous_mess

No, not at all... I wish he´d stop contacting me and move on, it would make things easier.
----
I´ve always loved the night
... and darkness.
05.12.2013 - 21:39
DyingWorld

I broke up with my last girlfriend but because we went to the same college, we saw each other a lot so I made a point to still get along with her. I never had strong feelings for her so it was a friendly break up but she took it pretty hard. It really didn't make sense that we were in a relationship in the first place, as we had very little in common. She kept trying to get back with me and I kept turning her down. It did not help that she could be rather childish at times, and was incredibly clingy to the point of creepiness. Hell, every time her love life fell apart (either regarding me or another boyfriend she had), I had to be the one to talk her out of suicide. After enough times, I would've been willing to just ignore her and let her slit her wrists in the tub, as she always threatened to do so... sometimes, with pictures of her "warm up" marks. I suppose it was more of a desperate cry for attention but it was pretty fucked up, nonetheless. I became less tolerant as a result but after she found a new boyfriend, she's left me alone for good and for that, I am thankful. I have not heard from her since August.
06.12.2013 - 23:51
Ancient Dreams

My last ex, we split quite amicably but we will never be friends again. But in the same way, that is no reason to be enemies either. We say hello if we see each other on the street and that's it. I find an active hatred of someone is just negative for myself personally and not the way I want to live life. Even the ex before that when we split under far less amicable circumstances, if I saw her now, I would feel not hatred, but just nothing.
12.12.2013 - 18:13
Mercyful_Kate

My last ex boyfriend (we were together for three years) died yesterday. I'm not terribly sure what to think. I knew him for a very long time and we were friends before we were together, but he was extremely abusive (emotionally and physically). I had to move to another state to get away from him. Very confused right now.
21.12.2013 - 19:25
Gonzo666
Account deleted
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 12.12.2013 at 18:13

My last ex boyfriend (we were together for three years) died yesterday. I'm not terribly sure what to think. I knew him for a very long time and we were friends before we were together, but he was extremely abusive (emotionally and physically). I had to move to another state to get away from him. Very confused right now.

Sorry to hear that. But you have every right to be sad about that. This person was apart of your life for a good chunk. There's a battle between the good and bad thoughts but there's also the thought that it's three years of your life. Keep the head up.
02.01.2014 - 20:51
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I am actually in really good terms with all my exes. Me and my last boyfriend of 5 years (we ended out relationship half a year ago and it was a mutual decision) are still in very good terms and we talk almost every day and meet up for coffee, even go to the cinema and concerts together. He was my friend before we started the relationship and still is, so don't see why shouldn't be friends anymore, just because our relationship as a couple didn't work out. It was sad, because we basically drifted apart slowly and it was just a matter of time before everything went exploding. I think that if we were to stay together a bit longer, things would end up badly.

And my ex before him, we were together for a really brief amout of time, but he is actually my best friend. We were good friends at the beginning, then tried a relationship that didn't work out at all, so we decided to be friends. It took some time, but in the end we got past through it. And he has been, for all the 8 years since we've known each other, the person who understands me the most. I have no problem saying he probably is the biggest love of my life, but it's just platonic.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
03.01.2014 - 18:58
Mercyful_Kate

Written by Guest on 21.12.2013 at 19:25

Written by Mercyful_Kate on 12.12.2013 at 18:13

Sorry to hear that. But you have every right to be sad about that. This person was apart of your life for a good chunk. There's a battle between the good and bad thoughts but there's also the thought that it's three years of your life. Keep the head up.

Thanks, Gonzo. A lot of people I know called me when they found out, I think to pick my brain about it more than anything. I pretty much said the same thing to them, that I was confused as to what to think about it. I really hate to say this, but I think the whole thing was a turning point for me being able to get over some of the post-traumatic stress associated with my relationship with him. I don't have to be afraid to go home to visit my friends and family anymore. I just feel a little guilty for not feeling more grief perhaps. I do think it's a shame that he had such a sad existence and died alone and in such a terrible way.
21.02.2014 - 06:24
Darth Revan

I used to completely and utterly despise my first ex, but I've since apologized for my own conduct in that particular break up, (to say she wasn't perfect either would be an understatement) and we're cool now... cool as in we don't talk and are happy to keep it that way, but don't hate each other. Feeling righteous indignation wasn't doing me much good when I was a few thousand miles away, so I had to let go of that. That said, I doubt actual violence would have gotten me much more than 5 minutes of satisfaction and an assault charge, so I guess that turned out for the best.

Second one I still talk to, and we're friends today. Broke up because of the distance, and we're still very good friends, really we'd probably still be together if we were closer.
04.03.2014 - 00:25
Gawain
Account deleted
Yeah.. My first relationship was shitty at best, we never talked, we only slept together for one summer and that was it. She was my sister's best friend and it was kinda hard not to see her like every other day after we broke up. We didn't say a word for a month but after that we were cool and now I think there is something between us again. I don't know if I should stop talking to her or what, but I still get somewhat jealous when I see her mentioning her new boyfriend