03. Primed & Ready
04. Too Far Down
05. No Tomorrow
06. Out Of My Head
07. Run For Your Life
08. Fatal Smile
09. Straight To Hell
10. Eve Of War

Fatal Smile comes from Sweden and "World Domination" is their second album. I've just discovered this combo with this new release but definitely this is a good band which plays a nice catchy Hard Rock. Between Glam and heavy Hard Rock, Fatal Smile is an interesting band, especially if you like the Hard Rock scene from the south of USA.

Big heavy riffs mixed with melodic tunes are two of the the ingredients of the recipe of this new Fatal Smile. The band doesn't come from USA but from Sweden but they have a lot of influences from the United States' combos which play in the same musical category. Of course Fatal Smile isn't this kind of band which will invent something and create a revolution but all in all "World Domination" is an interesting album of modern Hard Rock. The riffs are good, the choruses are catchy without being cheesy and the hoarsy vocals of Blade are really convincing. "World Domination" doesn't lack of rhythm and the songs all have "the groove", so for sure you must like Hard Rock and Glam rock (not something for sissies too don't worry) but if you like bands like WASP or Twisted Sisters I'm sure that you'll enjoy a lot "World Domination".

With a great production (the album was mixed by the famous Michael Wagener (MetDoken, Accept, Poison, Raven etc etc)) "World Domination" doesn't suffer of any comparisons with the best albums of the genre. So yes, there is nothing new or surprising here maybe but this release is catchy as hell with a lot of good melodies and choruses and anyway if you're not looking for something new and just want to listen to good Hard Rock, this is a must.

"World Domination" is a big confirmation of the potential of this band from Sweden. Fatal Smile is not a revolutionary band but they know how to play great Glam / Hard Rock. Now let's give a chance to this combo ok? They're good and their new album will give you a lot of good vibes. If you're looking for good Hard Rock, don't miss "World Domination", this album is a must for the fans of this kind of music.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 9

Written by Jeff | 04.02.2008

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 64 users
05.02.2008 - 14:02
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Nice review there Jeff. It really got me interested for sure. Going to check this up when I get home. Really well written!
30.07.2008 - 05:45
RockQueenPromos
Account deleted
Hi guys! I'm a music promotor that has had the great fortune of working with this band since 2003, when I met them during their first US tour supporting their first CD: BEYOND REALITY. I've submitted a few items for approval pertaining incomplete information on the band.

Anything more I can do to help out with anyone or anything (not just Fatal Smile) let me know and I'll be more than happy to add my two cents worth... again. =)

Great site you guys have here. Thanx for all you do!!

Hits total: 7126 | This month: 7