Metal Storm logo
Deathchain - Part Ways With Guitarist

Deathchain has posted the following updates on their website:

"We have decided to announce this due to all questions regarding this issue: Our long-time guitar player Bobby Undertaker has decided to step off from this roaring machinery. It did not come as a complete surprise but somehow it was inevitable, as one will find out when reading the Undertakers last obituary. It is with full understanding we part our ways with long-time friend and brother, so cheers to you and may Cthulhu guard your steps!"

Bobby Undertaker has also posted his statement on the website:

"Deathchain has come to a point where in order to grow bigger and more known as a band, more and more tours outside Finland must be done. It seems that Deathchain is going to be pretty busy on that matter. That means months away from Finland and for me, also months away from my day job. In my current situation in life, that job is something I just can't afford to lose. Especially when doing tours as a support, usually there's no income of any kind and for me that situation is financially impossible. It's not fair that the whole band would be held back just because of me. Furthermore, I totally agree with the rest of the band that using someone to replace me on tours is totally lame and just plain stupid. Either you're in, or you're out and I'm sad to announce that under these circumstances, I am out of Deathchain.

This is probably the hardest decision I've ever made. Deathchain has been a huge part of my life. We have done three albums and over 100 shows all around Europe, I've made a lots of friends on our gigs and met great bands, not to mention the fellow band members who have become one of my best friends. I will continue playing and with Corpse we have agreed to work together in the future. I wish all the best for Deathchain and thank you for the best years of my life.
Stay metal,
B.Undertaker"

The band continues to post the following:

"We have found a new brother, who will join our hordes under the name of Kult! There is no need to write about his past in here, because the future will show you that he is the right man for the job. We are already writing the next opus and Kult is deeply involved in the writing process, this is how strongly we trust him. So greet him with a pint of lager when you see him on this years shows!"

Source: deathchain.com
Band profile: Deathchain
Posted: 05.02.2008 by Bararey

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 26 users
05.02.2008 - 19:38
Stigma
Account deleted
Damn, Bobby was cool. But of course you have to put certain things in priority.
06.02.2008 - 02:55
extasy
Account deleted
it sucks with all this changes, cuz i loved deathcahin for what i've seen and heard for the first time in a concert , frirst rotten went out from the band and now the guitarist ... too bad that the componence it's changing on and on .. but hope you guis will be the same in the metal scene cuz you have made a grate job until now !
06.02.2008 - 18:58
Fane

Yeh, it's shame that they have had changes. They have done awesome job together! Guess we just have to trust those guys and wait to see how Kult does the job =)
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun

Hits total: 3058 | This month: 7