Release date: 2001

01. I Can Not Be Saved
02. Unhallowed Be Thy Shame
03. This Is Not An Exit
04. Unwill
05. Autumn Leaves
06. Memorial
07. Dead Things I've Tried To Hide

Is really a CRIME that we see untalented bands signed everywhere and getting low reviews over the globe, meanwhile some unsigned bands are drawing all the attention and STILL no record label seems to realize that they have a little jewel in front of them. Well, for the last time, and after 3 years of the sophomore release of Lilitu I'm going to enlighten both readers and labels in general.

As you may noticed, this is an unsigned band, and this album is totally self-released, please note the professionalism in this work, the artwork is just gorgeous, and so is it all the booklet design.

Lilitu is a mix of Gothic Metal and European Melodeath Metal done in a very melancholic way, the whole album has a depressive vibe, from the first song "I Can Not Be Saved" you'll find familiar elements but done in a nice way, elements like Death and Clean vocals, some female vocals, symphonic keyboards mellower parts, acoustic moments and the overall gloomy sensation.

I must say that both clean and Death vocals, are just fabulous from low gothic male vocals to Death Metal shrieks, the variety in the songs is also worth mentioning, the up-tempo "Unhallowed Be Thy Shame" has one of the catchiest choruses I've heard in a while, while the more down-tempo "Unwill" has a lot of mellow almost romantic moments.

This is a great album, I have no doubts about the professional future of these guys, is just a matter of time before a label picks this one up, the only thing that bugs me is that is been a long time since these guys have released this and no label seems to pay attention, even though the Metal media has appraised this album.

We'll hear from Lilitu soon, because the new album is coming, and from what I listened, is better than ever, so watch out and remember the name in case you're new to the music of Lilitu.

Written by Undercraft | 09.03.2004

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 21 users
12.06.2006 - 10:53
Thorein
Account deleted
Absolutely right, this band really doesn't get the credit they are worth. Superb album!

Hits total: 4616 | This month: 21