04. Skin Un Skin
05. Leverage
06. The Martyr
07. Gated
08. God In The Frame
09. Division
10. Borrelia Mass
+ Minion [video]

The promo-sheet reveals facts of a new and promising band that will generate a new respect for Metal, yeah sure.
Bleed the Sky is yet another of all the thousands of new Nu-Metal bands that's popping up in the US, and to be correct, the music has very little in common with Metal.
But since this is selling well in the US, almost all labels what's a piece of the cake and are signing their own Nu-Metal bands.

Bleed the Sky is Nuclear Blasts new "hope" in the American market, and I'm pretty sure it will sell much better on the "new continent" than here in Europe, where this music isn't as popular.
And to be honest, I understand that, there is not much in this music that will interest a Metal head.
Bleed the Sky is a hybrid between the speed and anger from the European Death (and that's the closes to Metal they'll come) and the typical rage-hardcore / Nu-Metal from the States.
You'll get fast and aggressive music with crappy screamy vocals mixed with some clean ones, and there's absolutely nothing special about, it has been done a thousand times before.

The album in general is very monotonous and will not offer any surprises; it's just the same ol', same ol'.
But if I shall try to find something to bring forward I've to prise the production, that's very clear and it brings forward the music in a very good way.
Otherwise, it nothing special and it will probably not please that many peoples throughout the world. The band will have to create something more original if they really want to succeed, and to strike in Europe, well, then they should scrap all the hardcore and bet everything on becoming a clean Death Metal band, they have the potential, I'm sure of that.

Check Out: Chose anyone from the list, they are more or less equal.

Written by Malcolm | 04.06.2005

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 41 users
07.02.2008 - 11:18
Rating: 8
b0000mst1ck

bleed the sky come closer to the black dahlia murder than any nu-metal band someone could think of. nu-metal my ass.

the drummer is nothing short of amazing, and their transitions throughout the CD are stunning. maybe their vocalist is a little bland at times (no real feeling in his clean vocals), but his screaming/growling is refreshing. it isn't the same old, cut-of-the-mill styling you hear from almost every metalcore band out there.

this is modern thrash-influenced METALCORE at it's best. dare i say it: 7.5/10.
28.04.2008 - 02:39
Rating: 7
Hz.Deniz(s.a.v)

i am not a nu fan either but i come across with this band in a VA CD and listened rest of the album. drummer boy is promising and there are fine riffs scattered throughtout the album. to me whenever they distance themselves from nu conventions they sound pretty cool . nu lover should hear it.
25.06.2011 - 22:01
Rating: 9
Therapy?

I bought this CD cheap on ebay. I sometimes just search for supercheap deals on stuff I don't know but looks interesting. Sometimes this rewards me with gems like this album. I was blown away the second the first song started up. It stayed in my stereo for a long time. I really like it. Their second album isn't very good though.

Solid 9 for impressing me like it did.
11.02.2015 - 15:08
Rating: 5
Ilham
Giant robot
I think this Malcolm guy was the worst reviewer MS ever had in its ranks. Every time I open a review of his I feel the need to facedesk a few times to be able to deal with the poor writing, lack of knowledge and stereotypical prejudices. But my comment has nothing to do with what I think of the album - which is very average.

Hits total: 4594 | This month: 8