Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth - Extends Their Contract With Metal Blade

Metal Blade has released the following official press release:

Amon Amarth, the Swedish metal band that has taken the world by storm with their brand of intense and melodic Viking influenced music, has just renewed their contract with Metal Blade Records. The 3 album, worldwide deal, will kick off with the band's follow up release to 2006's highly praised With Oden on Our Side, which the band is currently hard at work writing. "The plan is to return to Fascination Street Studios in May to record the new album, once again working with Jens Bogren as engineer and producer" states the band. There will be more details to come in the following weeks & months so stay tuned for more updates from the band.

Here is what the band has to say in regards to extending their contact with Metal Blade Records:

"After 11 years with the same label we have grown into a relationship that easily could go by the term 'Family'. We had their support, confidence and commitment from the start and it has only got stronger for each year that passed. We are proud and happy to continue this amazing journey together with Metal Blade for many years to come, this has just begun."

Metal Blade Records Owner and CEO Brian Slagel comments:

"We are very happy to continue our great relationship with Amon Amarth. They have been part of the Metal Blade family for a long time and we look forward to many more years with them."

A photo of some members of the band with the record label can be viewed at this location.

Source: amonamarth.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth
Posted: 09.02.2008 by Bararey

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 84 users
09.02.2008 - 05:16
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
this is great news - 3 more AA albums still to be released!! and i reckon their best is still to come bring it on!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
09.02.2008 - 05:55
Fhuesc

Written by BurbotsRevenge on 09.02.2008 at 05:16

this is great news - 3 more AA albums still to be released!! and i reckon their best is still to come bring it on!

On if AA doesn't disband in the meantime.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
09.02.2008 - 07:44
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by Fhuesc on 09.02.2008 at 05:55

Written by BurbotsRevenge on 09.02.2008 at 05:16

On if AA doesn't disband in the meantime.

i really hope not...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
09.02.2008 - 13:10
Piro

I doubt they will disband...

Anyway, pretty good news.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
09.02.2008 - 13:18
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Good news indeed, this band will still give much to Metal...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
09.02.2008 - 14:44
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Good news. I hope they will continue their really good job like on "With Oden On Our Side".
09.02.2008 - 17:14
selken
Irreligious
Written by White Winter Sun on 09.02.2008 at 14:44

Good news. I hope they will continue their really good job like on "With Oden On Our Side".

Of course yes, they have Oden on their side, haven't them?
----
10.02.2008 - 03:46
dancingdecember

that pic is funny. "rrroooaaarrr"
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
11.02.2008 - 16:38
Abattoir

Indestructible vikings just carry on like this and we will all be happy...

Hits total: 2958 | This month: 5