09. En Otro Lado
10. Wounds
11. Cállate El Hocico

Disc II [Silenth Wrath][Boxset Bonus Disc]
01. Silent Wrath
02. Final Resource [Therapy version]
03. Poltergeist [Slave version]
04. Instantes de Perfección

Hocico are not a simple band, they are the plague lurking in the darkness waiting for the right moment to strike those who benefit on the weakness of the poor and of those that struggle to survive. Hocico are the punishment against all those that use power and money to support their very own cause caring not for the other human beings, draining the blood out of their body if they have to. Hocico is justice, but they are not blind; they see, they know and they accuse without being afraid of anyone and this is what they're doing for more than a decade now through their music.

Nocturnal soundscapes rise forth from the abyss of hocico with their 2001's album "Signos de Aberracion" and their industrialized darkness comes to hide the sun of those that don't deserve it and steal it with so much "pride from the people living nearby. Twisted synth-born melodies and the sequencer's FX , showing how genius is Racso, harmonize in a brilliant way with the raging industrial at times whilst at others rhythmic beat paving wonderfully the way for Erk's descriptive, ecstatic and aggressive voice spitting curses here and there trying to awaken the masses and light the fire of those who are willing to fight back. They are one of the best electro/industrial bands, with personal sound, style and attitude, being deeply respected by every industrial fan that respects himself and they prove how great they are with every album or mini-cd they release having NO weak moments in their overall career; even their first demo tape back in 1993 is a masterpiece!

"Signos de Aberracion" flows with its nocturnal pulse as one from its very first second until its last consuming your full attention as it drowns you in a world where the weak and the humiliated ones of nowadays' rotten society take control and take back what society has stolen from them, life. "Pandemonium" opens the album and prepares the listener of what will follow. Hatred and anger surrounded by a feeling of revenge and death take their toll with monumental songs just like "Instincts Of Perversion", "Untold Blasphemies", "Bloodshed", "Forgotten Tears", "Twisted Lines" and "Wounds" whereas dreamy, yet nocturnal still, with a taste of Mexican culture, soundscapes start floating in the air through the atmosphere-evoking instrumental compositions; "Child's Eternity", "Un Alma Y El Vacio", "En Otro Lado" and "Callate el Hocico". The synth-born melodies are utterly inspired evoking a morbid dark feeling and Erk keeps on remaining a great interpreter making the overall atmosphere more intense evoking visions of anger in the air with his harsh vocals unleashing the rivers of rage.

These cyber-punks from Mexico know what they're doing and they do it in the most appropriate way; we also know who they are and how much they have offered in the industrial scene of the 90s, so there's no need to say that "Signos De Aberracion" is a must-have album for all the industrial fans?

"The fists, the screams, the struggle
The wrath, the rage, the bleeding

They were lightening the flames
Of our fire, we just made them pay"

Written on 28.01.2005 by "It is myself I have never met, whose face is pasted on the underside of my mind."

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 32 users
10.02.2008 - 21:35
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I deffinitely didin't expect to see an Hocico review here,. but I'm really happy about it. They're a great band and as the review says, they don0t have downpoints in the is career. All of their albums kick major ass, and both Erk and Racso are amazng with the synths amplers and lyrics. The dark-agressive athgmosphere that characterises them makes them quite unique.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!

Hits total: 6633 | This month: 12