+ Making Of Rave
+ Making Of Insane
+ Japan [live]
+ T.H.O.R. [live]
+ Etna [live]
+ Band Photos
+ Band Interview

The hope of Slovenia

What to expect from a band named after a Hermann Hesse novel? EVERYTHING! I was totally suspicious of this release until I received the package, an amazing double Digi-Pak including a DVD with videos, live performances, photos, and interviews, all with the highest quality of audio and production. The artwork and Cd layout is amazing, excellent graphic design work.

So, the album starts and we hear a small intro with some sympho-electro-vocal effects, and then, BAM! "Japan" kicks in a powerful song that can be defined as Gothic Metal I think, think of After Forever in terms of orchestration, and a deep male voice that can vary and even reach some high notes! Awesome! Then comes "Ring" a mid-paced track with catchy passages and a sing-along chorus. "My Dice" is a rather unexpected turn, this song is completely Folk Metal, (it has an amazing video on the DVD), but I must admit is not of my favourites.

"Sim Hae" begins as a moody, calm song, but when the chorus sets in, it becomes this really powerful song, without being a fast paced track, is quite energetic. "Kloner" is a playful song with catchy tunes, same for "Rooskie" (I can say the latter is even more playful, just listen those bass lines).

"Rave" is a mysterious song with a lot of modern day references like some electronic samples and some Metalcore guitars, please don't be disappointed by this, is still a great song. Definitively my favourite song is "Core" once I heard the chorus, I couldn't stop humming it all day long! T.H.O.R. reminded me of Rammstein, great aggressive vocals, and very well achieved industrial sampling! For a power ballad check out "You Betray" and for a real ballad don't forget to listen "Marslander", and don't dare to miss the ultra catchy "Venom E", I admit it has a slow start but it really makes it up later, it even has a rapped sections à la Faith No More.

Wow, enough for today! If you liked what you read, get this Cd immediately, top quality Slovenian Experimental Metal! These guys are already a big hit on their homeland, and my guess is that they're trying to spread their music to everyone else, that's why this is a special edition of the album, it was originally released on 2003 in their mother tongue, this version is entirely sung in English for the international market. Remember Siddharta, I'm sure you'll hear the name later.

Written by Undercraft | 13.08.2005

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 22 users
12.02.2008 - 12:17
Ereinion
Account deleted
This was the first cd i have ever bought...It was fun to listen to it back then but to be honest today i think this record is really boring and pop oriented

Hits total: 3705 | This month: 19