Metal Storm logo
Wuthering Heights

12.06.2006 - 21:52
GT
Coffee!!
Think the time has come to create a topic for Wuthering Heights.

It's a Danish band playing a great mix of folk, power and symphonic metal. They began in 1989 under different names and released their first album (Within) as WH in 1999.

I myself only have their third album "Far From The Madding Crowd". This is one of the best albums I own. The music and the lyrics are just perfect and goes very well with the voice of Nils Patrik Johansson and the backing vocals of Erik Ravn (the founder of the band and the writer of almost all their lyrics and music).

That's pretty much what I know at the moment. Tell me what you think of the band, their gigs and so on.

For mp3 go to http://www.wuthering-heights.dk/sounds/index.html
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
13.06.2006 - 05:05
Susan
Smeghead
Far From the Maddening Crowd is one of my top favourite metal albums. Every song is perfection - every instrumental and vocal line is perfection! This metal is such great metal, and it's FUN too.

At first the vocals took me by surprise but once I was on the 3rd or 4th song they had grown on me and now I just worship the guy. Such power! Really, I can't say enough good things about this album. It's so enjoyable both in a happy fun positive way and in an emotional dark way at times (yet never TOO dark, I don't think WH takes themselves too seriously )

I've never seen them live. Oh man, that'd be the concert to end all
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
14.06.2006 - 06:29
MetalSpider

Great band! Far From the Maddening Crowd is definitely a must have to any fan of the genre.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
14.06.2006 - 06:46
Degrading Light
Account deleted
My first album I ever heard by them was "To Travel for Evermore" and I was stunned. Since then I have heard "Far From the Maddening Crowd" too and with as many bands as I have heard I am very impressed by these guys. They stand out definantly.
02.08.2006 - 15:00
GT
Coffee!!
Not much activity in here. Anyone have any info on the new WH album. Can't find anything (releasedate, final tracklist etc.)
----

03.08.2006 - 04:29
MetalSpider

All I know is that I am definitely looking forward to their next release.
----

05.08.2006 - 11:54
GT
Coffee!!
Then my request was answerd....their are news on the new album on their homepage. Have added it to the 'news' section on MS but it's not online yet

The two new soundclips are very promising.....can't wait
----

05.08.2006 - 21:58
Susan
Smeghead
OMG. I found their debut album "Within" at a used CD store in the suburbs (of the USA). They sell mostly american pop/hip hop/rock but I thought I'd kill some time and browse. Lo and behold.... WUTHERING HEIGHTS. I'm still in shock
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
06.08.2006 - 08:39
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Great band, To Travel For Evermore was great, I love their lyrics too.Very awesome band.
06.08.2006 - 19:17
GT
Coffee!!
@Lyrinan: you lucky bastad ...it's impossible to find them in my town...have to order them and it takes forever and it's so expensive. How much did you pay for it?
----

07.08.2006 - 01:54
Susan
Smeghead
@GT, about $6. But, I must say it is impossible in my town too!! It's impossible in my entire COUNTRY, this was just a one-time thing similar to winning the lottery

So far, "Within" has REALLY impressed me!!! I was afraid to listen at first (since I had heard that they kinda sucked pre-Far From the Maddening Crowd). Sure, the vocals aren't as great as they are today but WOW the music is incredible!!! I recommend "Within" to any fan of folk metal
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
28.09.2006 - 15:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know them but I can not sy i like or dislike them, of coure in Danmark are better band how this but firts album are great ''Within'' other I had listen samples from them but its not my type of muisc, dunno why
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.09.2006 - 19:32
MetalSpider

Written by Bad English on 28.09.2006 at 15:56

I know them but I can not sy i like or dislike them, of coure in Danmark are better band how this but firts album are great ''Within'' other I had listen samples from them but its not my type of muisc, dunno why

I would listen to "Far From the Maddening Crowd". Much better than their first 2 albums. This is their best album so far. Hopefully the new album "The Shadow Cabinet" is better...the 2 new tracks sound very promising.
----

29.09.2006 - 19:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by MetalSpider on 29.09.2006 at 19:32

I would listen to "Far From the Maddening Crowd". Much better than their first 2 albums. This is their best album so far. Hopefully the new album "The Shadow Cabinet" is better...the 2 new tracks sound very promising.

I dunno if I get it but if I get I tr it, its hard to b here danish bands, even King Diamond
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.09.2006 - 06:08
Susan
Smeghead
I agree that "Far From the Maddening Crowd" is the album you MUST hear before you make a decision about Wuthering Heights. I *really* enjoy "Within" for all it's qualities but the vocals, songwriting, and album structure are FAR superior on "Far From the Madden Crowd." They're much more unique and signature to the band I hope you get a chance to try it out!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
30.09.2006 - 18:39
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Bad English on 29.09.2006 at 19:42

Written by MetalSpider on 29.09.2006 at 19:32

I dunno if I get it but if I get I tr it, its hard to b here danish bands, even King Diamond

Try cd-universe.com. That was where I found my copy...and it's not that expensive. Otherwise try listening to the samples on their website
----

13.10.2006 - 13:44
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I really like Nils, and this band, I met Nils's son at a gig and he was pretty nice, so was he, small gig though, and it was for Astral Doors :p
13.10.2006 - 17:47
Danigar

Oh boy I just found this band and I fell in love. The album I just got is the latest, "Shadow Cabinet" and I just love it! Is so great, it has the all the elements I love in power metal, plus the folk elements, is so so great. Now I have to check the one you guy have been talking about "Far From the Maddening Crowd". Great band
13.10.2006 - 22:38
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
Ive always wanted to listen to this band but for some reason i cant seem to find anything either on the web or in like a cd store (EVEN METAL ONES) anyone cares to share at least a song or two hahah i guess till ill have to imagine what it is like da da dun da da dun
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
15.10.2006 - 12:23
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Icarus on 13.10.2006 at 22:38

Ive always wanted to listen to this band but for some reason i cant seem to find anything either on the web or in like a cd store (EVEN METAL ONES) anyone cares to share at least a song or two hahah i guess till ill have to imagine what it is like da da dun da da dun

If you visit their website they have 3 full songs for download. And it is possible to find their CDs in webshops...at least 'Far From The Madding Crowd' and 'Within'
----

16.10.2006 - 16:32
GT
Coffee!!
Wuhuu!!!!....just bought the new album 'The Shadow Cabinet'. Didn't think it would be out until the end of october! It is a great album. Not like FFTMC at all and yet it is somehow. The sound is WH for sure and the voice of Nils is again just perfect.
The music is darker and a little heavier than FFTMC and they've added some cool progresive elements as well (reminds me of Dream Theater at times)

This is so worth spending your money on
----

17.10.2006 - 08:35
MetalSpider

Heard the new album! Its a very good album. Some great songs thats for sure. I personally didnt enjoy it as much as FFTMC but I still enjoyed it alot.
----

19.10.2006 - 18:00
GT
Coffee!!
Just added the lyrics for 'The Shadow Cabinet' if anyone is interested in reading them. Also got a mail from Erik Ravn saying that they hope to be able to play some gigs in the near future
----

13.11.2006 - 05:33
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
The band seems really interesting, I've heard only one song: "Midnight Song" and sounds good, and since the band has progressive, folk, heavy and power influences, still better, I'll search for more stuff
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
31.01.2007 - 14:03
GT
Coffee!!
Finally pulled my self together and ordered the two first WH releases...and they arrived today! Wuhu! Can't wait 'til I'm able to give them a listen
----

31.01.2007 - 14:28
APOHAKC
The Bard
This is great band but I only have one album Far From The Madding Crowd, I think they played on some concert in Odense, when I last time been in Denmark, I wanted to go but I had some family dinner or somethng so I've missed it, thougt I am not sure is it Whithering Heights or Whispering Gallery, doesn't matter now I bought their CD then and it is awesome.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
27.03.2007 - 18:43
GT
Coffee!!
Finally had the time to listen to 'Within' and 'To Travel For Evermore'. They're both good albums, but not as great as FFTMC or TSC. To Travel...are the best of the two with a little more energy and the WH-feeling. The vocalist on Within isn't as powerfull and that takes some of the energy out of the songs on that album...but the lyrics are great. Both albums was worth the money for sure
----

29.03.2007 - 01:34
Stratowarrior

can someone send me a message telling me how good is this band=?
----
power metal 'til death!!!!!!!!!
29.03.2007 - 04:27
Bitch Boy

I've got some songs from this band and it's really good, they play a very interesting mix of genres and write very good lyrics. The guitars are really cool, very good technique, same with the folk/symphonic instrumentation.
29.03.2007 - 10:46
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Stratowarrior on 29.03.2007 at 01:34

can someone send me a message telling me how good is this band=?

As you can see from the post above all posting in here like the band...so check out the mp3s and samples at their website
----