Metal Storm logo
Johnny Cash

Original post

Posted by Stigmatized, 13.02.2008 - 07:39
I'm sure you know the guy, "The Man In Black". I've been listening to quite a bit of Johnny Cash lately. I only have a couple of albums, but they are truly excellent. While I see him often labeled as straight country, I've always seen him as a country musician/storyteller. Anyone else a fan?
06.05.2011 - 01:04
Ghostdancer

I grew up listening to him. My parents exposed me to a lot of Johnny Cash's old music (and Hank Williams too). I really can't put my finger on what it is that I find so appealing about the man and his music. It's probably a lot of things...maybe the simplicity of the music and the sincerity and emotion in his voice coupled with the image of "The Man in Black." All I know is that I love his music and have an obsession with collecting his earlier albums on vinyl.

There are a handful of other artists who run in a similar vein that I like...Hank Williams, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Kris Kristofferson and George Jones. These guys at one time or another pissed off Nashville and did things their own way...and happened to make some great music along the way.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
30.01.2013 - 01:40
ANGEL REAPER

I have came across some compilation of his works and i must say that it is soooooooo goooooooood.I like his style although i'm not a fan of country music in general...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
30.01.2013 - 14:56
Jtbmetal123

Johnny Cash is amazing. i don't listen to much country but when I do, I listen to him. His songs are great and this instrumentals are almost perfect. The song "Hurt", It gets me everytime. Such a sad song but you could feel his pain once June died.