Metal Storm logo
Any bands play metal like this? Need help!!

14.02.2008 - 01:12
Sigyn
miaregine.com
I get two beers from a good friend of me if I can find out what bands who play HAWAII METAL? Can anyone help me?

They play metal mixed with traditional/typical Hawaii instruments.. Anyone?

----
www.miaregine.com

Delirium and Delight
14.02.2008 - 03:44
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Kids, when you reach this stage, you know you're an alcoholic.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
14.02.2008 - 03:59
Pogo the Clown
Account deleted
God save me from that... but with that fucking mania of some metalheads, especially blackers, of mixing black with anything folkish, there are probably some... but once again, god save me from listening to that.
14.02.2008 - 06:20
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Guest on 14.02.2008 at 03:59

God save me from that... but with that fucking mania of some metalheads, especially blackers, of mixing black with anything folkish, there are probably some... but once again, god save me from listening to that.

I cant agree with you. mixing metal with folk give it some native roots. and let you know its nationality.
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
14.02.2008 - 11:51
Sigyn
miaregine.com
I just wondered you know :-P Heh... I am no alcoholic, but I like beer :-)

But if no one knows..

It doesn't have to be black metalish or anything, just metal the Hawaiian way. It's as easy as that.

@Pogo the Clown: Relax, I'm not gonna make you listen to anything. So God will save you in this case.

It is a fair simple question, I thought "hmm.. none of my friends knows anything like that, but there are a lot of people who knows alot about metal @ metalstorm.ee .. lets ask them!"

Come on guys!
----
www.miaregine.com

Delirium and Delight
14.02.2008 - 13:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Only band from Hawaii what I know are
Vixen (not female band!!!)
Aaronsrod, Hawaii, Magnum Carnage and Sacred Rite but those are more 80ties metal bands
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.02.2008 - 20:11
Charly546

When in doubt, make something up. If your friend tries to look it up and fails; then say it's very obscure or something.

Oh and maybe this helps: http://www.gigmasters.com/Metal/MetalBand_Hawaii.asp
16.02.2008 - 04:17
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Syk on 14.02.2008 at 03:44

Kids, when you reach this stage, you know you're an alcoholic.

I almost fall of my chair when I read this LMAO!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
16.02.2008 - 18:37
selken
Irreligious
does spongebob got a metal band?
----
18.02.2008 - 04:30
stigma77
Account deleted
Sorry can't help you.
19.02.2008 - 02:13
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Go to this link: www.hawaiiunderground.com/ and hopefully you find that band and if you find it I want my beers!!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
16.03.2008 - 22:08
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Written by Sigyn on 14.02.2008 at 11:51

I just wondered you know :-P Heh... I am no alcoholic, but I like beer :-)

But if no one knows..

It doesn't have to be black metalish or anything, just metal the Hawaiian way. It's as easy as that.

@Pogo the Clown: Relax, I'm not gonna make you listen to anything. So God will save you in this case.

It is a fair simple question, I thought "hmm.. none of my friends knows anything like that, but there are a lot of people who knows alot about metal @ metalstorm.ee .. lets ask them!"

Come on guys!

Sorry I cant help, but if you ever find out make sure to let me know cause I've never heard anything like that either, it be pretty cool to check out.
20.03.2008 - 00:51
necrovamp

dude, start a abnd, call it hawai metal and theres your 2 beers! er i seriously got no idea but beer is good....
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
20.03.2008 - 21:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast

Come on guys!

you know you could always start a band such as this
21.03.2008 - 14:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 20.03.2008 at 21:14

Come on guys!

you know you could always start a band such as this

good point but I doubt she will
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.06.2008 - 13:47
TheBigE
Account deleted
I live in Hawaii and although it depends on your definition of the music, I would have to say there is no band like this.

There are bands that play jawaiian, slack key, hawaiian, reggae, and folk (to name a few). But the closest thing to a traditional Hawaiian instrument is the Ukulele. And I although I have heard almost everything played on an Ukulele, I have never heard metal.

There are bands like Henry Kapono, Sudden Rush, and Living In Question. They do a good job of incorporating Ska music, reggae, rock, alternative, etc... but I would not consider them metal.

But there are many metal bands in Hawaii. Corrupt Absolute, Green Eyes, Haole Rot, Crucible, etc...

Brazilian music: Sepultura (Roots)

Bluegrass: Exodus (Cajun Hell)

Arabic: Megadeth (Holy Wars)

Well there is a lot more, but no Hawaiian... Sorry!!!
30.06.2008 - 13:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 30.06.2008 at 13:47

Arabic: Megadeth (Holy Wars)

arabic influences are not uncommon in metal, but Holy Wars only has a touch of this. if you want Arabic shit, check out Orphaned Land, Epica's Seif Ad-Din and maybe Maiden's To Tame a Land
30.06.2008 - 14:33
Promonex
Cathemeral
I could name you bands playing Flamenco Metal or Calypso Metal, but I don't know any Hawaii Metal, sorry
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
16.07.2008 - 01:35
Kevin French
Account deleted
I know this is months late, but if the bet's still on you owe me a beer.

Your friend doesn't need to know that this is New Jersey, not Hawaii. There's a band called Saltwater Allstars that I just discovered today after working with the bassist. Most of their stuff is reggae/dub/ska with major rock influences, but a couple times they tread the metal line. Influences include (from their Myspace): "Sublime, 311, Pantera, Dick Dale, Pepper, BLS, Bob Marley & The Wailers, Metallica, The Police, GWAR, The Mermen, Kyuss, RHCP, Anthrax, B.B.King, Fu Manchu."

I can't remember the title of the song I have in mind and it's not on their Myspace anyway, but check it out and see if anything can win your bet: http://www.myspace.com/saltwaterallstars

If anyone here is a goddamn benny, don't click the link until you learn to navigate a fucking jughandle.
01.05.2009 - 05:18
ToMegaTherion

It sounds kind of intreguing. All be it a little strange. I don't think i can possibly help with any searches, but i might be a little curious for a listen.
11.05.2009 - 19:24
Metal Meltdown

Quote:
I cant agree with you. mixing metal with folk give it some native roots. and let you know its nationality.

well if you guys found the band, i have to do this. As far as folk black metal...... TROLLFEST!!!
----
Immortal soul, takes control! Immortal soul, Thrash till Death!
(death To "posthardcore")
13.05.2009 - 02:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Varegan on 14.02.2008 at 06:20

Who cares aboout nationality n music? Not me, that's for sure.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.05.2009 - 23:20
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.05.2009 at 02:52

Written by Varegan on 14.02.2008 at 06:20

Who cares aboout nationality n music? Not me, that's for sure.

i know many people who care about that, for example one of my friends likes only metal bands from Finland, not all but a high percent of metal fans cares about nationality
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
16.05.2009 - 22:32
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Guest on 30.06.2008 at 13:47

But the closest thing to a traditional Hawaiian instrument is the Ukulele. And I although I have heard almost everything played on an Ukulele, I have never heard metal.

Putting "ukulele" in the MA search for the lineup field turns up two bands. None of them are Hawaiian though.

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=7435 (some kind of progressive folk/doom)
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3540266192 (looks like a sucky unknown European folk BM band)
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America