Metal Storm logo
Ronnie James Dio

13.06.2006 - 05:37
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Well, what is there to say? This man is my personal favorite Traditional Metal singer, and definitely at the top for favorite singer. I love all of the works I have heard from him, from Rainbow to Black Sabbath to Dio. I am a big fan. I still have a lot of listening to do though, but I intend to. Any fans?

By the way, I loved that little video he did with Tenacious D. Funny stuff.

"We'll know for the first time, if we're evil or divine, we're the last in line."
----
The force will be with you, always.
13.06.2006 - 11:00
Stigmatized
I'm a fan, but not a die-hard. I think Dio is a great singer and has put out some great stuff over the years. I, like you, have more listening to do though.
13.06.2006 - 12:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
He are great guy

Elf - He start like Elf vocalists, Elf play some pshycodelic Rock in 60ties, and its great, amazing and Ronnie voice sounds great

Rainbow - Amazing, "Richies Blackmoors Rainbow" and "Long live Rock n Roll" what a sound, lyrivs and specely "Temple Of The King", Man On The Silver Mountains" and "Long live Rock n Roll" Ronnie vouce are great and those stuffs make hard rock History
After Dio are no Rainbow, Richie sold it.

Black Sabbath - Seems its more Blavck sabbateh whit Dio vocals how Ronnies own band, seems he just play some role in band, role is singer not real band mmber, but still ist metal, and Black Sabbath whit Ian Gillan is ok, but Tony Martin

Dio - what a great band specely lyric, based on history, tales and mistery.

All Dio lyrics are bsed on tht, but did you all know he are older how 60n and still playing, He is a wizard
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.06.2006 - 14:26
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
I have seen Dio live in israel.
Amazig ! one of the best show in the last 10 years in Israel.
With kreator
13.06.2006 - 18:59
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I really enjoy his vocals, still have got alot of listening to do but almost all of the material i've heard with him i've found liked. Also i havent seen anybody else exercise the metal hand sign \m/ as much as him, its great, and one of the older metal guys that is still kicking arse!

HOLY DIVER!! great stuff
----

Hellcunt Smurf
16.06.2006 - 03:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
we rock, holy diver, last in line. all kickass songs, not to mention his work with sabbath rainbow and elf. amazing vocalist.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.06.2006 - 04:44
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I don't really like him as songwriter, but he's one of the most amazing vocalists ever... I had the luck to see him live years ago and it was a majestic experience, it was... stunning, when he sang Stargazers (by Rainbow) was a while in heaven.
16.06.2006 - 17:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 16.06.2006 at 04:44

I don't really like him as songwriter, but he's one of the most amazing vocalists ever... I had the luck to see him live years ago and it was a majestic experience, it was... stunning, when he sang Stargazers (by Rainbow) was a while in heaven.

I agree
I dont ubndesranatnd Elf lyrics
Bur Rainbow are great and BVlack sabbath too, but solo
"Rock n Roll children and "Dont talk To strngers" specely this part
"Dont Dream about women
Thay Bring You down"
----

apos;'
[image]
01.07.2006 - 01:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
I heard that George Lynch of Dokken and Lynch Mob did work with Dio, I was wondering if anyone knows if they made any recordings together and if they did which ones?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.07.2006 - 01:44
Daru Jericho
Yup yup, I'm a Dio fan but not a die hard one. I perfer his solo work than the stuff he did with Sabbath. My favourite tracks are 'Jesus, Mary And The Holy Ghost' and 'One More For The Road'. Speaking of which, I saw Master Of The Moon in the second hand store for £5 but I didn't pick it up. Someone's probably bought it already now. Meh.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

04.07.2006 - 19:40
nick35
Account deleted
i like his music but has a person he is way to cocky
05.07.2006 - 09:18
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Guest on 04.07.2006 at 19:40

And how is he cocky? Can you give us a reason to back your statement up please
----

Hellcunt Smurf
05.07.2006 - 17:52
Aresius
Account deleted
Dio? cocky? no way...he is very humble, believe me...the man is a legend, and Im going to see him in a couple of weeks, I cant wait, its going to be a great show, as usual...one of the best metal singers in my opinion...Dio is God, dont you ever judge him!

08.07.2006 - 15:01
okt31
Account deleted
Who have heard the Holy Dio double CD tribute? It's amazing. I'm listening to it once again right now.
10.07.2006 - 08:51
..ExoTeaR..
i saw a clip on compo metal hammer dvd my friend owns recently and he sounded shit compared to the last video i saw, it was live in minnapolis i think thats what he said anyway anyhow hes a god to me and happy birthday to ronnie
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
10.07.2006 - 09:43
Stigmatized
Well, Happy Birthday to the man, he's getting up there. Still rockin' though....
10.07.2006 - 13:43
Sune
Account deleted
Congrats old man, have a good one!
12.07.2006 - 03:42
nick35
Account deleted
the imprression i get from dio when he talks is hes cocky. i dont know why its just a personal feeling
12.07.2006 - 08:12
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
^^ Hmm fair enough. Although i dont see him at all cocky, just that hes older and more experianced with talking to the media and in interviews meaning that those situations dont worry him and hes confident when presenting himself. Not cocky in my eyes at all, just he knows what hes talking about with confidence.

64 Years old and still strong, Good on him.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
13.07.2006 - 17:11
TheKreator
Account deleted
ronnie is great....in all his bands and projects he remained faithful to his style, and that's what made him a legend
14.07.2006 - 22:54
DLMokoma
Account deleted
I saw Dio live summer 2005 in Sauna Open Air Tamperkele. Man it was awesome, what a carism Also Ronnie James Dio is one of my altime fav. vocalists.
30.07.2006 - 05:51
Aresius
Account deleted

Ronnie James Dio...best show ever...he is a legend...one week later, and Im still shocked...well, he is 64, but he just gets better...I think his voice is better than ever and still very entertaining...vocals are absolutely incredible, amazing power and range...he really did an outstanding job...excellent song selection from top to bottom...after Sabbath, he showed that he is God...hail almighty Ronnie James Dio!

some pics of the show

amazing!
22.09.2006 - 12:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 04.07.2006 at 19:40

what did you eman, he are from ''old america'' and he well even if he are old/young he still re amzing nd well Axl are more cockey how he

Dio are granfather of metal not Ozzy nowdays
----

apos;'
[image]
22.09.2006 - 18:08
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
@Kariasakis7: I have to dissagre with you on Dio being just a band member in Sabbath it's more like the other Sabbath members were in Dio's band, the little guy had a great influence on Sabbath.
22.09.2006 - 18:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@VenoM_BM I didnt tlking about Dio in sabbath, but in his solo band,
About grandfather think, I mean lock at Ozyy he are like you know, i hawnt seen him live nowdays and never but drugs alcohol lock what done whit him, but Dio still are well he hasnt use them so much and he still are fisicaly better form how Ozzy
----

apos;'
[image]
22.09.2006 - 20:44
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
@K7: your spelling is so bad that many times I don't fuckin' understand what is the true meaning of what is writen by you.

@anyone who thinks Dio is cocky: man you are terribly wrong he's way more humble than many so called ppl that play in bands, and yes he's almost GOD.
22.09.2006 - 21:22
Rainmaker123
Account deleted
Been listing to some of his stuff latley and liking it too.
22.09.2006 - 23:34
peavy
Account deleted
Dio cocky?? Since when? I don't understand how anyone could come up with such a idea...

He's one of the musicians that I hugely respect from all points of view!!

DIO IS GOD!!!
24.09.2006 - 09:04
Xeolord
Account deleted
Heh, didn't his grandma or mom come up with \m/, and thus he brought it to life?

But yeah, I love his work with Rainbow, Sabbath, and a lot of Dio. He's definitely high on my list of tradional vocalists too, among Eric Adams, Halford, and Dickinson. He's just one of those great singers who's hard to mimic.
22.10.2006 - 11:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 24.09.2006 at 09:04

Heh, didn't his grandma or mom come up with \m/, and thus he brought it to life?

But yeah, I love his work with Rainbow, Sabbath, and a lot of Dio. He's definitely high on my list of tradional vocalists too, among Eric Adams, Halford, and Dickinson. He's just one of those great singers who's hard to mimic.

Who are Eric Aadams?
----

apos;'
[image]