Metal Storm logo
Ronnie James Dio

Original post

Posted by Clintagräm, 13.06.2006 - 05:37
Well, what is there to say? This man is my personal favorite Traditional Metal singer, and definitely at the top for favorite singer. I love all of the works I have heard from him, from Rainbow to Black Sabbath to Dio. I am a big fan. I still have a lot of listening to do though, but I intend to. Any fans?

By the way, I loved that little video he did with Tenacious D. Funny stuff.

"We'll know for the first time, if we're evil or divine, we're the last in line."
23.10.2006 - 00:31
Unholy_Emperor

Dio is one of my fauvorite singers, his works in Rainbow and Black Sabbath are great and his own band has classics like Holy Diver and The Last in Line.

Don't talk to strangers.
26.11.2006 - 02:02
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
great singer, the new album 'masters of the moon' is pretty good, the first track 'one more for the road' is absolutely brilliant but the rest of the album sort of goes downhill from there.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.11.2006 - 02:07
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Bad English on 13.06.2006 at 12:00

Rainbow - Amazing, "Richies Blackmoors Rainbow" and "Long live Rock n Roll" what a sound, lyrivs and specely "Temple Of The King", Man On The Silver Mountains" and "Long live Rock n Roll" Ronnie vouce are great and those stuffs make hard rock History
After Dio are no Rainbow, Richie sold it.

Dont forget 'kill the king' by Rainbow, best Rainbow song IMO
----
- George Carlin
26.11.2006 - 02:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 26.11.2006 at 02:07

Rainbow - Amazing, "Richies Blackmoors Rainbow" and "Long live Rock n Roll" what a sound, lyrivs and specely "Temple Of The King", Man On The Silver Mountains" and "Long live Rock n Roll" Ronnie vouce are great and those stuffs make hard rock History

Well indfeed its diefernt how other Rainbow songs, IMO its firts speed metal song ever, not 80ties sped, but still there are some speed eleemnts and thay was firts band who play one song like it, ok UFO ''Lights Out'' but still Rainbow are classica nd all somgs whit Dio are masterpiece
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.11.2006 - 02:25
danzig111
Account deleted
Dio's music owns! His solo stuff I mean, i don't like his '70's stuff with the other bands. I don't think he is over the top awesome like how many people think, but he has that old-school vibe I think his music is fun.

My dad cannot stand Dio though! it's so funny!
28.12.2006 - 15:53
darksun

best thing in metal with dickinson.As long as it's not about love is the greatest song i've ever heard.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
27.01.2007 - 01:44
Jupiter
Account deleted
I remember the first time i ever heard Dio, it blew my mind. It instantly became my favourite band besides Iron Maiden. Then i thought, hang on a sec, isn't he the guy from Rainbow? So i got out all the Rainbow records in my house and now i love that too. He's an excellent singer and songwriter who DOESN'T have a big ego and i hope he keeps making more great songs.

Holy Diver -
27.01.2007 - 14:19
Bankler
Account deleted
Dio is my favorite metal singer. Black Sabbath is my favorite band so i´m so excited over Heaven and Hells little reunion and I hope i will get tickets to the Sweden Rock festival so that i will have the chance to se them.
27.01.2007 - 14:20
Bankler
Account deleted
By the way, Dio is singin in the new Tenacuois D movie "the pick of destiny".
31.01.2007 - 14:00
Jay
Perkele
Dude... Dio is like so old...
You can really call him a pioneer of metal
----
This one goes to 11
31.01.2007 - 14:29
APOHAKC
The Bard
I just love this guy!
I like all DIO's albums and I like Black Sabbath with DIO, I think he is much better singer than old rag Ozzy

Hail DIO!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
01.02.2007 - 02:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Jay on 31.01.2007 at 14:00

Dude... Dio is like so old...
You can really call him a pioneer of metal

Indeed man 65 years old IMO he was born IMO in 1944

Haha he told he stop smoking before 4 years dont drink so much alcohol and he runs, yeah he are ''younger'' how Ozzy
----

apos;'
[image]
08.03.2007 - 20:53
Ultraraw
Account deleted
I think,Dio is one of the most influential heavy metal band.
His singing is cool.Dio has three strengths,amongst other,a powerful and distinctive voice
15.03.2007 - 09:08
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
So as ive been posting everywhere, I just got back from Heaven & Hell, and holy crap, Dio was absolutely flawless. simply put.
----
- George Carlin
10.02.2008 - 03:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Dio sounds kinda gay, but I still wish I could sing like him. lmao
12.02.2008 - 08:15
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 10.02.2008 at 03:17

if Dio sounds gay, than (C)Rhapsody are dragqueens - how do you get ideas like that???
16.02.2008 - 07:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 12.02.2008 at 08:15

Written by Dangerboner on 10.02.2008 at 03:17

if Dio sounds gay, than (C)Rhapsody are dragqueens - how do you get ideas like that???

Rhapsody are drag queens. Dios great but I can see where hes coming from.
----
- George Carlin
04.03.2008 - 17:24
Demonmayonnaise

Dio is my favorite vocalist. His stuff with Sabbath was amazing. His solo stuff rocks pretty hard too.
04.03.2008 - 23:18
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Doc G. on 26.11.2006 at 02:07

Damn, that song is so..... so.... Damn, I could listen to it over, and over, and over again... Its definiltely Rainbows best, and its pure Metal, unlike most of theirs songs....
Damn!
----
05.03.2008 - 00:27
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
My dad, as a Black Sabbath enthusiast, HATES Dio , but Dio can out-sing and out-write Ozzy Osbourne any day!
05.03.2008 - 01:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 05.03.2008 at 00:27

My dad, as a Black Sabbath enthusiast, HATES Dio , but Dio can out-sing and out-write Ozzy Osbourne any day!

Does your dad hate everything Dio did or just in Black Sabbath?

Because for me I love Ozzy (both solo and IN Black Sabbath) and love Dio (in Elf, Rainbow, with Roger Glover, and solo) but I DESPISE/HATE 90% of the stuff he did with Black Sabbath (especially that horrendous song Heaven & Hell, that song would have worked as a Rainbow song but NOT, I repeat, NOT, as a Black Sabbath song)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.03.2008 - 10:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.03.2008 at 01:16

Written by Guest on 05.03.2008 at 00:27

Does your dad hate everything Dio did or just in Black Sabbath?

Because for me I love Ozzy (both solo and IN Black Sabbath) and love Dio (in Elf, Rainbow, with Roger Glover, and solo) but I DESPISE/HATE 90% of the stuff he did with Black Sabbath (especially that horrendous song Heaven & Hell, that song would have worked as a Rainbow song but NOT, I repeat, NOT, as a Black Sabbath song)

I love Elf and Rainbow first 3 albums but IMO aftrer Ozzy was fired BSdied because Ian Gillan, Tonny Martin it sounds like pop to me , BS im Ozzy fan but alos can listen all vocalists into band but still Ozzy was best and best lyricist for BS
----

apos;'
[image]
06.03.2008 - 00:40
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Marcel H. : Well my dad's more of a classic rocker than a metalhead, and doesn't care for the '80's.........It's mostly the Black Sabbath stuff what makes him not like Dio because that was his favourite band when he was a teenager and he feels that Dio was a terrible replacement and so on.
06.03.2008 - 22:41
Hangar XVIII

Two Words: H.o.l.y. D.i.v.e.r.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
07.03.2008 - 02:19
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
^^^lol, that song was used in a South Park episode
17.08.2008 - 06:09
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
lol you gotta love the lame rhyming by Dio at the end of almost every song he sings
01.09.2008 - 13:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dangerboner on 17.08.2008 at 06:09

lol you gotta love the lame rhyming by Dio at the end of almost every song he sings

yeah, holy diver, sole survivor; heaven and hell, oh well; kill the king, take him down, gotta take his crown; wtf?

he is one of the best and most consistent vocalists in metal history though, check out his little bit in the last Tenacious D album, he sounds just as powerful as he does in Rainbow(and he was over 60 at that time!). even my sister, who doesn't like most metal, loves him!
18.06.2009 - 21:14
davidkinner
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.01.2007 at 01:44

I remember the first time i ever heard Dio, it blew my mind. It instantly became my favourite band besides Iron Maiden. Then i thought, hang on a sec, isn't he the guy from Rainbow? So i got out all the Rainbow records in my house and now i love that too. He's an excellent singer and songwriter who DOESN'T have a big ego and i hope he keeps making more great songs.

Holy Diver -

i actually find ronnie james dio to have a really big ego because of the things he says there is an interview where someone asks him what he thinks of bruce dickinson and ronnie said i'm pretty sure i'm bruce's idol. and before he left black sabbath he said no one tells me what to do because i am the best. i [personally think dickinson, halford, ozzy and a few others are better than dio imo.
20.06.2009 - 07:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Dangerboner on 17.08.2008 at 06:09

Some of his stage banter is even more lame. On the live Heaven & Hell album when introducing "The Devil Cried" is almost as sweet. "This song is called the devil crrried, boo-bloody-hoo". It doesnt sound lame until you hear him say it.
----
- George Carlin
27.09.2009 - 13:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I just started to listen to some of his songs...and they were awesome
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep