Metal Storm logo
Voivod - To Complete Final Record

Canada's Voivod have posted the following update on their website:

"There remain 13 songs that Denis D'Amour (Piggy) had written with the band that have yet to be recorded. Michel Langevin (Away) and Denis Belanger (Snake) will track the last songs this spring bringing all the past and present members together to participate in a homage to the guitar legend of Piggy and the legacy of 25 years of a brotherhood forged by exploring metal, rock and punk ethics with an other worldly premise. Jean-Yves Theriault (Blacky) and Eric Forrest (E Force) have eagerly agreed to contribute bass tracks along with Jason Newsted (Jasonic). The End records and Nuclear Blast will release this final record once completed. Voivod may play select shows after the release as a thank you to the fans and to bring closure to a great career."

Guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour lost the battle against colon cancer in August 2005.

Source: voivod.net
Band profile: Voivod
Posted: 16.02.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 66 users
16.02.2008 - 20:33
Stigma
Account deleted
Voivod will still remain as one of the greatest, R.I.P. Piggy. I will certainly get it when it's released.
16.02.2008 - 20:52
Infurnace
Pretty curious to see what Piggy's last songs sound like. Hope to be able to see them live.
17.02.2008 - 07:21
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
thank GOD Jason Newsted is filling in bass. he shoulda joined with Voivod after he left Metallica. or rather gone back to Flotsam and Jetsam...
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
18.02.2008 - 02:52
Vizz
Account deleted
Great to see Blacky working with the boys again,can't wait for the release.

Hits total: 2908 | This month: 3