Metal Storm logo
Julian Beever - 3D Chalk Art

18.02.2008 - 11:50
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
This man is amazing, and certainly one of my favorite artists! The stuff he does with chalk and pavement is nothing short of amazing. My jaw still drops when I look at his work. Just a few:

Simply amazing. Any fans?
----
The force will be with you, always.
19.02.2008 - 16:31
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Here's one fan.
He's amazing... What makes me think is... how does he live... I mean, I've received at least five powerpoints of his works, but if they're made on teh streeet obviuously on time thy'll be erased by wind, smog, rain! SO how does he live, he does chalkpainting for sell or what?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
19.02.2008 - 17:37
TormentoR_9
Account deleted
wow this is amazing....this guy is talented......but I also wondered the same thing as Jonas, can he make a living out of it?
19.02.2008 - 17:53
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
If you look on his website ( http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/ ) you will see that he does some of his work on commission - which means that someone is paying him to do it.

He also does Fine Art paintings which he presumably sells.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
19.02.2008 - 18:04
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Aaaahhh now I remember he did an anouncement in chalk on the floor for Johnnie Walker...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

23.02.2008 - 13:18
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Yeah, ive seen this before, its amazing. Unbelievable.
----
26.02.2008 - 17:25
iaberis
Advice Troll
Interesting stuff. For one moment I thought it was real!
Great talent, but this art is only temporary...
----
Bitch! Please
26.02.2008 - 20:45
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by iaberis on 26.02.2008 at 17:25

All art is temporary in the wheel of time, but would you doubt it's grandeur because of that?
----
The force will be with you, always.
26.02.2008 - 21:28
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Clintagräm on 26.02.2008 at 20:45

Written by iaberis on 26.02.2008 at 17:25

All art is temporary in the wheel of time, but would you doubt it's grandeur because of that?

That's a very deep thought, that I can't handle right now...
----
Bitch! Please
27.02.2008 - 06:43
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I received an e-mail with a Powerpint Presenttion and it really took me by surprise, his work requires a very big patience and observation. This guy rules!
09.03.2008 - 17:11
Unerly
Account deleted
Haha, I laugh at the guy in the first pic, he looks like he's trying not to step in the sand.
09.03.2008 - 18:51
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
Written by Guest on 09.03.2008 at 17:11

Haha, I laugh at the guy in the first pic, he looks like he's trying not to step in the sand.

Haha, I noticed that too, but I'm sure if I was walking by I wouldn't want to step on such an amazing piece of art either...
21.03.2008 - 11:07
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Yeah this guy is good...it's pretty amazing that he's able to get the perspectives right and all. I've seen a photo of some of his work taken from his view and from there you're not able to see what it looks like
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
26.08.2008 - 21:24
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Some of these stuff are very impressive.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
27.09.2008 - 01:06
wrathchild
staff
I'm posting here even though it's not the same artist and not exactly the same art but I guess those who replied here will be interested by this link: http://www.blublu.org/sito/video/muto.htm

It is an animation drawn on a wall. It's quite long, in B&W and it has some "3D" effects too. Now I don't really like his drawing style but the fact it's animated is amazing.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
27.09.2008 - 04:24
Oracle
Orcinus
Oh man, 3D chalk art is so mad. That would be so awesome to be able to do something as amazing as that. They look so real and i would love to be able to do that. Im really impressed
27.09.2008 - 12:32
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i love this stuff, in our library at school, we had tons of his 3D chalk work on the walls...i really like the one that looks like a giant fly, and the swimming pool one as well cos it just looks so real!

this one is incredible
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
27.03.2009 - 01:44
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I recently saw a documentary about street art in Sweden, in Film & Arts.
It was about the way street art is totally banned in sweden, and they showed some of teh sweedish young artist's work, while showing Beever's work on a street paintng too, it was a waterfall with a salmon. Pretty impresive. So people walked by and he let 'em loo at it throught his camera, and he seems to like to interact a lot with people. Sad he had to clean the floor one day after hefinished, because of a city govt. order...
----

26.10.2009 - 23:47
Walter Iego
Author
elite
Yes, that is amazing, great artist.