Metal Storm logo
Least favorite Cannibal Corpse album

Poll

What is your least favorite Cannibal Corpse album?

Tomb of the Mutilated
Gore Obsessed
Other
Butchered at Birth
Eaten Back to Life
Gallery of Suicide
Bloodthirst
The Wretched Spawn
Vile

Total votes: 22
20.02.2008 - 17:23
theflyingmachine

Seems like there are a lot of different opinions about this band, from those who like all of their albums to those who think only one or two albums (or none) are worthy of listening to. Seeing as how all but one of the albums had at least one vote in the favorite CC album poll, I thought I'd see if there is any sort of consensus on what the worst album is.

My least CC favorite album is Butchered at Birth. The songs have some potential, but the drums are a real detractor. There is no variation to the drums, which also seem to be produced louder than the other instruments.

As for the "other" option, it is The Bleeding and Kill. I chose those as other because there are people who find those albums to be average, although overall, they seem to have received the least amount of negative feedback.
20.02.2008 - 18:42
Sunioj

Shit, I voted the wrong one. Anywho, Butchered at Birth is my least favorite, followed by Vile and Gallery of Suicide, but I haven't heard Bloodthirst yet. I do like 'The Bleeding' though.
20.02.2008 - 19:24
theflyingmachine

Looks like I put all but the first three in chronological order, sorry about that.
20.02.2008 - 20:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
what means least?
and you open this poll long ago http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=5435
isnt it same?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.02.2008 - 22:15
theflyingmachine

Written by Bad English on 20.02.2008 at 20:49

what means least?
and you open this poll long ago http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=5435
isnt it same?

This poll is asking what you think is the worst CC album. The poll I posted awhile ago is asking for your opinion of the best CC album
20.02.2008 - 22:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by theflyingmachine on 20.02.2008 at 22:15

Written by Bad English on 20.02.2008 at 20:49

what means least?
isnt it same?

This poll is asking what you think is the worst CC album. The poll I posted awhile ago is asking for your opinion of the best CC album

Ok I see and I acnt answer who's worst
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.02.2008 - 02:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
My least favorite album is The Wretched Spawn, which is actually the only Cannibal Corpse album I don't like. There's some really good songs on it, but overall it's their slowest release, and slow death metal makes me sad.
11.03.2008 - 17:22
ABUSOR
Account deleted
I go with The Bleeding. Its extremely overrated.. But then again I havent heard Gore Obsessed.
12.03.2008 - 07:11
selken
Irreligious
No vote.
Their albums are pretty close on style and songs are quite homogeneus, they managed to keep a good sound and performance with a nearly static songwriting which sounds very good, so IMO they don't have a weak album.
----
31.03.2008 - 10:31
Anarchist

Tomb of the Mutilated is too slow and dreary, doesn't do them justice. Hammer Smashed Face is a classic song of their's and Split Wide open isn't too bad but I could do without the rest of the tracks on the album. They've gotten a lot better since this album. (Kill could have been better too) I don't see the problem with Gore Obsessed I thought it was one of their best. Their version of No Remorse kicks ass!
12.06.2009 - 22:16
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 11.03.2008 at 17:22

I go with The Bleeding. Its extremely overrated.. But then again I havent heard Gore Obsessed.

??? what???? the bleeding has the greatest music CC ever wrote!!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
17.06.2009 - 03:40
Diclonius
Account deleted
For me is Tomb Of The Mutilated. Hammer Smashed Face, I Cum Blood and The Cryptic Stench are all great songs, but the rest are too boring, Barnes don´t vary much his growls, and the riffs sound too one-dimensional. And the lack of solos just makes it worse
22.07.2009 - 02:24
wormdrink414

Eaten Back to Life is their most raw and low budget sounding which I sometimes like, but as is the case with most brutal death metal, as opposed to, for example, black metal, better production quality is obviously a must for the guitar work and vocals to shine . Therefore, for the album to be decent. Bloodthirst and Evisceration Plague are my two favorite Corpse albums.
22.07.2009 - 02:24
wormdrink414

Written by Sunioj on 20.02.2008 at 18:42

Shit, I voted the wrong one. Anywho, Butchered at Birth is my least favorite, followed by Vile and Gallery of Suicide, but I haven't heard Bloodthirst yet. I do like 'The Bleeding' though.

You have to get Bloodthirst.
22.07.2009 - 16:10
theflyingmachine

Written by wormdrink414 on 22.07.2009 at 02:24

Eaten Back to Life is their most raw and low budget sounding which I sometimes like, but as is the case with most brutal death metal, as opposed to, for example, black metal, better production quality is obviously a must for the guitar work and vocals to shine . Therefore, for the album to be decent. Bloodthirst and Evisceration Plague are my two favorite Corpse albums.

This poll is for which album you like the least. I made another poll for your favorite CC album.

Btw...my least favorite album is Gallery of Suicide, not Butchered at Birth. Don't know how to change my vote, but whatever.
31.12.2009 - 05:36
I_Die_Often

The Bleeding, just can't get into that one as much for some reason...
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
31.12.2009 - 06:09
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
Written by I_Die_Often on 31.12.2009 at 05:36

The Bleeding, just can't get into that one as much for some reason...

Same here. I really like when I hear songs off the album when they play live, it's great! But for some reason I don't like listening to the album itself. Of course, I never was a fan of Chris Barnes so that's probably a big part of why I just don't like it.
09.01.2010 - 19:29
Gordon Freeman

For me it is Gore Obsessed. Very uninspired and unimaginative.

Cannibal Corpse seems to me to be the kind of band that always follows up a good album with a mediocre or down right terrible album.

The only exception that comes to mind is following up the solid The Wretched Spawn with the equally solid Kill.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
06.03.2010 - 07:46
blackwreath

Tomb Of The Mutilated, I have nothing against the songwriting but I hate the sound and find the album as a whole unlistenable because of it, which is a shame because so many others enjoy it.