Come Clarity
Lunar Strain
Reroute To Remain
Soundtrack To Your Escape

Total votes: 135
21.02.2008 - 05:17
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
In Flames has been my favorite band for years. I have heard every album at least 100 times, but one stands out above the rest. This album is The Jester Race. The Jester Race blew me away on the first listen like no album has been able to do since. I think The Jester Race is the best album (Whoracle is a close second place) and I'm curious to see what others think. So, what is the best In Flames album, in your opinion.
21.02.2008 - 12:37
Gegers
Account deleted
I would say Come Clartiy, coz I discovered thems with this album. Yet Whoracle would also be a good choice.
22.02.2008 - 17:47
Infidel
Child of Hell
I think that Come Clarity is the best album but they have every album very good. So I selected their best album for me and my friends. We agreed on Come Clarity. It's somewhat progressive but very good album in this music world at all. TRIBUTE to IN FLAMES !!!
22.02.2008 - 17:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Lunar Strain because its firts album and I only lsiten firts 3 of band, other sucks, so mu choose are this one
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.02.2008 - 18:09
Harlequin
Very clearly Colony.
----
00:40 - Doomface
Mikael Akerfeldt doesn't age like humans do.
22.02.2008 - 18:16
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Reroute to Remain... I don't know, it's tbe one I enjoy the most.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
22.02.2008 - 18:38
Paraschiv
Account deleted
Hell, people, The Jester Race was the album that got me into the more extreme forms of metal; a classic by all means; unfortunately for me, In Flames seemed to go downhill sine, let's say, Reroute to Remain, even though the signs of this change were clear back to Clayman... I dunno, I have listened to the newer albums, just not my opinion on how In Flames should sound; yeah, there were some good songs, but not the brilliance of the first albums... In any case, Don't Reroute, Just Remain!:P
22.02.2008 - 18:43
iaberis
Advice Troll
Clayman! My first and best! <3
----
Bitch! Please
22.02.2008 - 18:44
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Written by Guest on 22.02.2008 at 18:38

Hell, people, The Jester Race was the album that got me into the more extreme forms of metal; a classic by all means; unfortunately for me, In Flames seemed to go downhill sine, let's say, Reroute to Remain, even though the signs of this change were clear back to Clayman... I dunno, I have listened to the newer albums, just not my opinion on how In Flames should sound; yeah, there were some good songs, but not the brilliance of the first albums... In any case, Don't Reroute, Just Remain!:P

Same here, The Jester Race (and all old In Flames albums) got me into more extreme music. Before that I was listening to all nu metal and hard rock. So needless to say, I have a lot of respect for In Flames.
22.02.2008 - 19:04
addiction
ok so i voted for whoracle....the one that got me into them as well....but i like the previous 2 a lot as well, and of course colony....
----
alive in the superunknown
22.02.2008 - 21:10
Abattoir
staff
Clayman for sure...For me the far best album from In Flames.
22.02.2008 - 22:27
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
I prefer the acoustic qualities of The Jester Race, some great passages on that album. Clayman, Whoracle, and Colony are interchangeable for me, with The Jester Race standing above and beyond the routine. As for Link[In] Flames, Come Clarity is okay IMO.
22.02.2008 - 23:30
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I have no doubt in this one. The Jester Race was always my favourite and I think it will be cuz its hard to top that, the one that got near that was "Whoracle" but still it is different. The Jester Race is pure perfection from start to finish.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.02.2008 - 23:00
selken
Irreligious
I voted for Colony without thinking twice, because of its melody, the energy displayed by the band and a very modern sound, one of my fav albums of all time. Also I think this album played an important role as a bridge for me toward metalcore.
----
24.02.2008 - 20:21
Torelli
For me, it come down to two albums, aminly "Colony" and Clayman", and is damn hard to choose between those two. Colony has energy and you're hooked from the first to the last song on the album. The song writing is really good on this album too. Clayman on the other hand is incredible cathy. The lyrics is more down to earth and hits you on a more personal level.

It all comes down to Colony's energy tor Clayman's cathiness. It's a though choice. But I go down with "Clayman", it sounds fresh without going to far.
10.03.2008 - 04:45
Eden Fire
samaddavid@hotmail.com
Its close but i gotta say Colony
10.03.2008 - 10:46
Ereinion
Account deleted
The Jester Race
10.03.2008 - 22:46
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Written by Guest on 10.03.2008 at 10:46

The Jester Race

Yes, but y?
31.05.2008 - 09:44
Reborn Nemesis
Written by iaberis on 22.02.2008 at 18:43

Clayman! My first and best! <3

same here...
----
... For blood I hunger, possessed by the dark...

... No remorse, I'll tear your flesh apart...
31.05.2008 - 10:40
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Man, I haven't listened to In Flames for months, but I voted for The Jester Race... hard to explain why; it's just the best for me. Whoracle would be the first runner-up. Both are full of great catchy riffs. I remember having The Jester's Dance as a ring tone for a while. And the Hive on Whoracle has such a beautiful lead around the end of the song.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
31.05.2008 - 13:58
KMR
For me it's Whoracle, it's last albums of IF I really enjoyed at every single piece, nowadays I'm not into melo death so much (they are not either hehe), but it's always nice to return to this album.
----
Nothing is sacred.
31.05.2008 - 16:24
Hamird
Lieutenant
i've voted for Come Clarity. although this album was not as powerful as older stuffs but i did enjoy it more. Dead End, Scream, Come Clarity and Take This Life were great on this album...
31.05.2008 - 17:50
Zangah
Clayman is on top for me, although i really have began to like Reroute to Remain recently....
03.06.2008 - 23:26
Gordon Freeman
Lunar Strain, mostly for the violin pieces and for Upon an Oaken Throne.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
04.06.2008 - 00:14
Zamoth
The Jester Race, it's a classic, and it was the first album I listen of them, I remember seeing the video for Artifacts of the Black Rain on a old VHS (I think it was Beauty in Darkness vol. 2), and I went running to buy the album, it's a pity that they change their sound for more commercial succes.
22.06.2008 - 05:17
The Sleeper
It's close between The Jester Race and Whoracle imo... i gotta choose Whoracle, it's just a step higher for me as an album.
----
"If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love."
Bohdi - Point Break, 1991
31.08.2008 - 13:29
Elio
Red Nightmare
The Jester Race. It's a great bunch of songs.
WTF Come Clarity has more votes than Whoracle...what a bad day.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
27.09.2008 - 15:23
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
The Jester Race and Whoracle its the best album from In Flames.

Many good songs in these album.
28.09.2008 - 21:19
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Elio on 31.08.2008 at 13:29

It does? Shocking!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.09.2008 - 21:52
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by BloodTears on 28.09.2008 at 21:19

Written by Elio on 31.08.2008 at 13:29

It does? Shocking!

Well now they are tied, but when I posted Come Clarity had more votes than Whoracle.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.