04. Enslaved
05. Insurrection
06. Apocalypse (World Without Windows)
07. Forever Black
08. Dance Of St. Vitus
09. Dead Eyes
10. Kontrol
11. Human Bullet

I remember I listened Agent Steel a lot of years ago in a friend's house that was older than me, I think it was in the year 1989/1990 I can't remember well, the Cd was "Skeptics Apocalypse" and it was the time when thrash metal was in its golden days, I remember listening all day my cassettes, Metallica, Anthrax, Nuclear Assault, Testament, Megadeth, Slayer, Kreator? ooohh those days?

Then one day Thrash disappeared form the public eye and as younger metalheads came into the scene, other genres caught the public's attention, like power metal and Melodic Death Metal, this last one borrowing some elements from thrash.

But at last, this last years the metal scene has been experienced a resurrection of Thrash Metal, with bands like Kreator, Destruction and Overkill releasing new albums and new acts like the Haunted and Soulless coming at full speed, it seems obvious that Agent Steel needed a comeback.

Listening to this Cd takes me back to the 80's, this is pure thrash attack! Just put the Cd and listen to "Avenger" and you will know what I mean! "Ten Fists of Nation" is the longest track in the album (7 min.), but it really manages to sound fresh and doesn't become boring, great song, a really good change from all those 3 minutes trash songs that we are used to!

This album also contains 2 instrumentals! That's right! You would expect instrumentals from progressive and Black Metal bands, but, correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't heard a thrash instrumental since Metallica Golden era! "Dance of St. Vitus" is a bass instrumental, very calm, very soothing, but "Kontrol" is an instrumental masterpiece, great riffs, great solos!

I could write more things about this album, but do yourself a favor and get this when it arrives in the record stores, because if you love 80's thrash (like me), this Cd will take you to a stroll down to memory lane!

Written by Undercraft | 06.01.2006

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 96 users
21.02.2008 - 08:59
Rating: 9
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Wow i got a shiver after reading this. Every time you say 80's trash, that's it, i get the indescribable surge of nostalgia... Words are power! Rock on!
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
01.03.2008 - 15:28
Rating: 9
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Great album... gonna get some more.
----