Metal Storm logo
Timo Tolkki - Quarreling With Frontiers Records

In the ongoing saga between Stratovarius guitarist Timo Tolkki and Frontiers Records in regards to the release of his new album "Saana - Warrior Of Light Pt. 1 - Journey To Crystal Island", Tolkki has issued an extensive statement on his MySpace blog.

Short synopsis: due to the fact that Frontiers haven't fullfilled its contractual obligations regarding "Saana", Timo Tolkki has terminated the contract between his production company Goldenworks and them. Regardless of that, Frontiers Records have notified Timo Tolkki by email today, that they are going to release "Saana" anyway without Timo Tolkki's permission even though they don't have the material to be able to produce the CD at all, as Frontiers only have MP3 files which are not adequate to produce a high quality CD. Also they have absolutely no graphic material for the booklet, information regarding the songs or even the lyrics...

You can find the full blog here. The Frontiers press release regarding the album can be found here.

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Stratovarius
Posted: 21.02.2008 by Telcontar

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 58 users
22.02.2008 - 00:54
Harlequin

Cool thing. Sounds like a lot of fun for both sides..
----
00:40 - Doomface
Mikael Akerfeldt doesn't age like humans do.
22.02.2008 - 04:53
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
I already see the winner for "Best Metal Drama 2008" MS award...

Btw I really hate to see this thing happening, especially when the record labels push the artist to to something. H8.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
22.02.2008 - 08:10
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
oh timo tolkki. what are we going to do with you?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
22.02.2008 - 08:13
everonn

Let's burn down Frontiers Records!
22.02.2008 - 15:15
Raziel X

Poor Tolkki! I know he isnt totally ok in terms of mental health, but hey, in this case the other side is totally mad - the cover and stuff really look like from totally low-res pics! Eff Frontiers Records! I personally hope that Tolkki will sort it out somehow, and bring us sth really worth our money
22.02.2008 - 19:31
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
This guy is himself the encyclopedia of the word "problem" .
04.03.2008 - 21:33
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Saana : Warrior of Light Part 1 released - http://www.saana-warrioroflight.com/

from the samples i think this "Rock Opera" will be great like hell
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 3355 | This month: 4