Metal Storm logo
Godsmack

14.06.2006 - 02:05
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Typical band topic. Post your comments about this great band from Boston, your fav. song, album, concerts, you know that kinda stuff. I love Godsmack, all of their songs.Though their sound is pretty much like 90's Metallica, they're a great band. I have all of their albums except for the new one, "IV" A couple weeks ago I ordered from Amazon their DVD Changes, it should be here in one week or so.
Anyway, I think they're a great band, with great drums (Not the best but good), full-of-hate lyrics and it's quite relaxing, specially "The Other Side" Ep
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
14.06.2006 - 06:54
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I've always been a fan. They kind of helped me cross over from Sum 41, Linkin Park, and Rap...to harder stuff during my 7th grade year. Always been a fan, my drummer is a lot like theirs, and I wish I was good a bassist as Robbie Merrill. I've got a lot of respect for them, they haven't changed that much, but still managed to stay original.
15.06.2006 - 00:26
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I know only 2 songs from this band: Bad Magick and I stand alone, or something like that, I liked their stuff, cool band but I haven't enough knowledge about them
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
15.06.2006 - 02:43
Bitch Boy

I only like "Awake", and the Judas Priest cover in VH1's Rock Honor wasn't that bad. They played "The Hellion", but it sounded quite weird with only one guitar, and obviously without Rob at the vocals.
15.06.2006 - 06:59
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Usd to like them but got old very fast.... when you learn the songs they have nothing more to give you. And today I heard their last album and seems very weak.
15.06.2006 - 11:03
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
The only thing I know (and Like till now) is that the band is named after the alice in chains song
23.06.2006 - 12:24
PinguMortalTrash
Account deleted
In Prince of Persia : Warrior Within , there is a song of Godsmack at the beginning and the end but I don't know which.:-|

=> Hey The Alchemist, I advise you to listen to Straight Out Of Line of Godsmack .
24.06.2006 - 03:02
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
My DVD arrived on saturday!!!!!!!! Damn, it's awesome!!! The documentary slams and the 13 live songs are great. Obviously the best one is "Batalla de los Tambores", the drum solo in which Shannon Larkin and Sully Erna make a 7 minutes percussion duel, shown all tehir blasting drumming power. Damn, I'm going to order the other two DVDS very soon!!! Oh yeah...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

25.06.2006 - 15:08
Stigmatized
I was a fan.....though when Faceless (I think that's the name) came out, I really drifted away from them. I will admit that I do like Sully Erna's voice. To me, he has a unique voice....even for Hard Rock.
27.06.2006 - 05:25
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
I was a fan a number of years ago...their music just got way too boring for me and i realized that all the songs were more or less the same. I had the first three albums but i sold all of them.
28.06.2006 - 00:50
fire101
Account deleted
I enjoy Godsmack a good bit. I love Sully;s voice. The new disc is quite good too. A little different from their other stuff.
28.06.2006 - 05:14
Ibanez07
Account deleted
Sully's voice is unique, but I read a review here, and it really opened my eyes- he does seem to try to hard to be like James Hetfield. It's so obvious now...
30.06.2006 - 02:25
nick35
Account deleted
love em. cant get enough of their music. the new album is by far the best.the song that sully plays harmonic on song will kick everyones ass
06.07.2006 - 02:49
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 28.06.2006 at 05:14

Sully's voice is unique, but I read a review here, and it really opened my eyes- he does seem to try to hard to be like James Hetfield. It's so obvious now...

Actually if you listen to the Faceless album, they sound quite alike Metallica. I was listening to it last week and mom said "hey, is that Metallica?" and I said no mom is Godsmack, so she answered: "But they sound like Metallica, the voice, the solos, it's like a new version of Metallica, but I like it".

So it's prettyy obvious, 'cause their initial influences were Metallica and Pantera, tehy wanted to sound like it. But like they said,in teh Changes DVD, "The more we grow up, the more rock and less metal comes out of us, we ant to return to those bands we grew up with, like Aerosmith, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Rush."

I don't have the new album yet. I dowloaded the "Speak" video and they do sound different from Faceless, but I can't have a concrete oppinion till I have the new album.
----

06.07.2006 - 03:32
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I totally agree. I was unclear...I dig it, but still...immitation is the sincerest form of flattery I suppose.
13.08.2006 - 18:52
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
"MF2" Video Available!! [ 8/1/2006 ]

The new video "MF2" featuring Sully Erna, Nuno Bettencourt of DramaGods and Shannon Larkin is available on the Yahoo World Premier Video Page and streamed here!
MIndfreak's theme song is a collaborative rocker penned by Angel, Erna (who plays drums on the cut) and Bettencourt (who handles bass and guitar duties).
Mindfreak airs Wednesdays at 10pm/9c on A

Taken form www.godsmack.com
----

15.08.2006 - 23:56
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I dig some stuff from them from a long time ago but I have never put myself into considering buying an album.
----
Christless
16.08.2006 - 12:40
she_devil
Account deleted
I extremely like them! the lirics some times help me psihically and Sally is like my God ( a figure of speach) they sound really good! love'em love'em and love'em again
17.08.2006 - 06:05
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I finally got "IV" and it deffinitely sounds different from "Faceless". The sound is les metal and more rock... I liked it a lot, is not so agressive, not so full of hatred and it's deffinitely a change. I like both styles, teh alternative metal one and this new era in hard-rock. A great albujm, indeed.
----

01.01.2007 - 22:35
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Ive always been, and im still a fan, i really do think they're great. Especially the vocals, the song Serenety is so beautiful ... *sigh*. But i dont own any album unfortunately, i always spend my money on other bands .
14.01.2007 - 13:23
SoulCrusher
Account deleted
Sully is a God. His songs helps me to forget my problems
29.01.2007 - 21:54
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 14.01.2007 at 13:23

Sully is a God. His songs helps me to forget my problems

Indeed. I coudn't agree more, He knows how to reflect many feelings and it's impossible not seing oneself reflected in song (s)
----

31.01.2007 - 05:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I heard Sully is retiring but the rest of Godsmack is going to start a new band with Whitfield Crane of Ugly Kid Joe on vocals, is this true? cus im not really into godsmack but im a pretty big UKJ fan.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.02.2007 - 01:58
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 01.01.2007 at 22:35

Ive always been, and im still a fan, i really do think they're great. Especially the vocals, the song Serenety is so beautiful ... *sigh*. But i dont own any album unfortunately, i always spend my money on other bands .

If you like Serenity, you should really check their acoustic EP, "The Other Side"

@Dr. Rock: Sully retiring? not that I know... But if it's true it would be really bad...
----

03.02.2007 - 21:40
Dan066
Account deleted
I like some of their stuff. Shannon Larkin is an awesome drummer and Sully Erna's a pretty damn good vocalist.
14.02.2007 - 08:47
TheRealThing
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 02.02.2007 at 01:58

Written by Guest on 01.01.2007 at 22:35

If you like Serenity, you should really check their acoustic EP, "The Other Side"

@Dr. Rock: Sully retiring? not that I know... But if it's true it would be really bad...

Sully retiring, bad in one aspect. Being replaced by Whitfield fucking Crane? The greatest thing I've ever heard. Quite possibly one of the most underlooked vocalists in all of rock.

I know the story to that all now, Sully's taking a break and the rest of the boys started a new band called "Another Animal" with Whit on vocals. Which is great. Nothing more I would like than to see Whit get back in the game. I guess the material they are using is all songs the other guys wrote for the Godsmack album that was released, but Sully deemed them unusable. Oh well, I'm sure whatever they put out with Whit will easily destroy any Godsmack material.
31.07.2007 - 04:59
Dan066
Account deleted
I was thinking about this band a couple of days ago, and i was wondering... is godsmack a hard rock influenced nu-metal band, or a nu-metal influenced hard rock band?
31.07.2007 - 06:42
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 31.07.2007 at 04:59

I was thinking about this band a couple of days ago, and i was wondering... is godsmack a hard rock influenced nu-metal band, or a nu-metal influenced hard rock band?

A nu-metal influenced hard rock band.
----

02.08.2007 - 11:52
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I personally don't like this band at all. It seems to me that they just hit random notes and only have semi-solid rhythm. They're even worse live than they are on studio albums. I saw a performance on saturday night live for "Straight Out of Line" and I can not say that was to my liking either.

Just not my thing.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
25.09.2007 - 19:43
?Master?
Account deleted
godmack is a good band
i like them alot
i like the lyrics