04. Diverses Personalités
05. L'Amant
06. Emancipe Mon Rêve
07. A Demi-Mot
08. Perdu
09. Paradis Vide
10. Immobile
11. Saturation Des Ames

Take a new line up, a new label and a new musical orientation and you're in front of the new Aquilon. "Immobile" is only the second album of the French combo but even if it took some time to the band to release it (you know why now) it doesn't mean that it's disappointing! At the opposite, this new album is a lore more mature and confirms that Aquilon is a really original band. If you're looking for Dark Metal (in French) don't hesitate and check this album asap!

Aquilon is a really atypical band and that's its force. "Immobile" is a really unique album, a lovely mix of electronic Progressive music with powerful riffs, mid tempos songs and lyrics in French. It's dark and melancholic but never lacks of power and energy and even if the songs are sad in general, they all have a lot of energy and finally it's really powerful. The vocals in French are well done and the lyrics are intelligent. Finally the only thing which can be disturbing for you is that the music of Aquilon is a bit Pop on a side, it's not real Metal but at least it's original and unique and cannot be compared to anything else!

Of course you must be an open-minded metalhead to like this kind of music but if you're not afraid by dark Metal and electronic sounds (Aquilon is not a new band of Electro/Goth stuff!) and enjoy lyrics in French in general, be sure that you'll like the release. The production is good and the ambiances on each song are really touching. The atmospheric side of the album is a good idea and this mix of powerful heavy riffs with dark gothic ambiances and futurist sounds is just excellent.

"Immobile" is a real ufo. It's extremely hard nowadays to find such original albums (only Dornfall in France plays in the same category even if they don't use electronic music in their songs). I know that this album is probably not perfect, we don't have any real hits on the release but it's not easy of access and not commercial at least! The people of Aquilon just confirm that they're good musicians and good compositors, "Immobile" is a nice confirmation.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 9
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 26.02.2008

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 46 users
26.02.2008 - 22:26
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Once agin, Jeff, great review of a band I have not heard of but now have a hunger to hear. Thanks.
----
(space for rent)
27.02.2008 - 05:43
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Your review interested me enough to check out the band's site and the songs they have on their myspace page, which are pretty interesting. The music has all the commercial elements, but none of the cliche's, so an accurate review for sure But then I checked the Thundering Records link, and it is not available? Perhaps I am missing when the release date is...I am sure it is soon, though.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Hits total: 3587 | This month: 3