Metal Storm logo
Evergrey - New Album Update

Singer/guitarist Tom S. Englund has posted the following news on the official Evergrey MySpace:

"After a couple of turbulent weeks we have now finally mastered our album. When we listened to the finished product for the first time we all agreed that we were beyond satisfied with the result and can't wait for you to hear it! We have also decided to post video teasers for you to enjoy, there will be a new "trailer" every month up until we release the damn thing and oh, the title for it is "TORN"!

Complete tracklisting will be presented here as soon as we have decided what songs will end up on special editions and/or bonus tracks for singles etc. Other than that I am glad to read that all of you seem to love our new Evergrey "EY" logo. It will look pretty cool on a shirt that's for sure.

Tomorrow [1 March] we play a show in Mariestad with our friends from All Ends so those of you who have the chance please stop by. Summer festivals and tours for the fall are being booked as I write so be sure to check this area for all official confirmations. We will start rehearsing songs from "Torn" next week so MAYBE, and I mean maybe, we will play some of them in Finland in two weeks. Playing Finland is always a blast and it's nice to be with people that can keep up with us on the booze. Both me and Jari [bass] have lot's of relatives and friends coming out to the shows so that should be fun. Tampere on the 19th and Helsinki on the 20th be sure to join in if you have the chance.

So enjoy the music combined with the fantastic photos courtesy of our friend René Asmussen (http://www.reneasmussen.com) - an award-winning Danish photgrapher who have graced us with his work which will be used in the booklet for "Torn". That alone will be worth the money. Please let us know your feelings, ideas expectations after hearing what you now will hear."

Click here for the "Torn" March trailer.

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Evergrey
Posted: 02.03.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 122 users
02.03.2008 - 04:28
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
They've been averaging three words per album title for their career, now four letters... is this a new style for Evergrey?
But in all seriousness, this sounds promising minus the cheesy trailer. (...Make you think.......Of......Fear..........Fear.)
02.03.2008 - 08:12
WorpeX
Made of Metal
The trailer itself is rather cheesy... but damn those songs sound awesome!
02.03.2008 - 08:56
Eternal Flames

Yeah, the trailer is a bit lame. Nevertheless I'm still excited about hearing their new album. It certainly does sound rather promising.
02.03.2008 - 09:50
Harlequin

Sounds surprisingly good. Although, as you all said, the trailer is bloody cheesy.
----
00:40 - Doomface
Mikael Akerfeldt doesn't age like humans do.
02.03.2008 - 11:22
Sheol

Agree, the trailer could have been better of course. But the songs, DAMN!
02.03.2008 - 15:49
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Sweet! I like the trailer!
BTW..do we have any info on if it's going to be a concept or non-concept album?
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
02.03.2008 - 17:35
AnarChrist

wow, this is such an improvement over "Monday morning Apocalypse"
and great skills
----
oh my fucking god, fucking dinosaurs
03.03.2008 - 17:57
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
As everythingthat Evergrey does, this sounds just great. Trailer it's OK, nothing spectacular, but I like it it's good enough. But the songs.. they sound very good.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
03.03.2008 - 21:23
Talvi

I already lost faith in this band, but probably I'll listen to this album to see how they do.
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
04.03.2008 - 11:13
Bsquared

Written by Talvi on 03.03.2008 at 21:23

I already lost faith in this band, but probably I'll listen to this album to see how they do.

They release one mediocre album, and you immediately lose all faith?
----
http://www.last.fm/user/Hobflop

Hits total: 3779 | This month: 3