Metal Storm logo
Killing Joke - Reunite Original Line Up

The following news item was posted on the Killing Joke official website:

Quote:

Finally, after numerous line-up changes through the years, all original Killing Joke members reunite for new album and world tour.

Drummer, Paul Ferguson, rejoins the line up for the first time since 1987 enabling a whole new generation of fans to see Killing Joke's legendary original formation. Diehard fans have been waiting for this moment for two decades!

Bassist, Martin 'Youth' Glover also steps back into the live arena after a near 15 hiatus, having not played live with Killing Joke since 1994's Pandemonium tour.

The tour will see Killing Joke take up a two night residency in most venues offering a different set on each evening. On the first night, they will play their first two albums in their entirety, 1980's self-titled album followed by the album 'What's This?For!'. Their
second performance in each city will treat fans to 1994's Pandemonium and the Island Records singles of'79 to '80.

Once described by Ferguson as 'the sound of the earth vomiting', Killing Joke is anthemic and grandiose in it's evocation of nightmare visions. Taking a sarcastic jab at authority and perceived reality to a sonically charged mixture of post punk and metal, Killing Joke's heavy guitars and pounding tribal drums conjure a primitive atmosphere of doom, gloom and resistance.

Notorious for their use of inflammatory imagery, a backlash against a world they perceived as ever more materialistic, unjust and conservative, Killing Joke, railed against the establishment and created a unique sound from their very conception.

Ironically, in the current musical climate with it's obsession with rehashing eighties sounds, the 80's saw Killing Joke really pushing music forward, incorporating danceable elements with aggressive, grinding guitars and thumping drums. With elements of proto-techno rock, their post apocalyptic vision has inspired bands as diverse and influential as Nirvana, Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, Foo Fighters, Soundgarden and Godflesh. Killing Joke have always been and continue to be more than just a band.

Godfathers of post-punk, Killing Joke return with their eagerly anticipated new album to coincide with their world tour. Album release date TBC.

LIVE DATES
September
13 - (JP) Tokyo, Club Quattro
14 - (JP) Tokyo, Club Quattro
16 - (ES) Madrid, Heineken
17 - (ES) Barcelona, Apollo
19 - (IT) Milan, Rolling Stone
20 - (IT) Milan, Rolling Stone
22 - (CH) Geneva, TBC
24 - (DE) Berlin, Columbia Hall
25 - (DE) Berlin, Columbia Hall
26 - (FR) Paris, Trabendo
27 - (FR) Paris, Trabendo
29 - (BE) Brussels, AB Club
30 - (BE) Brussels, AB Club
October
02 - (UK) London, The Forum
03 - (UK) London, The Forum
09 - (US) Los Angeles, TBC
11 - (US) New York, TBC

Tickets can be bought from below:
www.ticketmaster.com
www.kentishtownforum.com
www.seetickets.com
0844 847 2405

"At last a ray of sunlight to illuminate these dark days. It is indeed my deepest pleasure to announce the dates of the 29th anniversary of the gathering. As usual we are never content sitting on the laurels of past Glories, a new Killing Joke recording is scheduled this summer!. Both Geordie and myself are thrilled as we hope you are with the line up, such anticipation comes as no surprise considering we have not played together since the Brighton Top Rank in 1982. We always knew this day would come after all it was inevitable. We hope all gatherers will join us in warmly welcoming back to active service our brothers Big Paul and Youth. The mysterious chemistry of the original line up is back, let their be gladness in your hearts."

Source: killingjoke.com
Band profile: Killing Joke
Posted: 02.03.2008 by jupitreas

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 59 users
02.03.2008 - 18:23
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
On a personal note: Paul Ferguson was one of the best drummers I ever heard, so Im really looking forward to what this line up can do...
02.03.2008 - 19:41
Omni
Account deleted
Very interesting
03.03.2008 - 05:14
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
original minus paul raven of course.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
03.03.2008 - 13:22
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Is it just me or does Nirvana's "Come As You Are" sound like a rip-off of KJ's "Eighties" from Night Time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zlf_17hecY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ifG_zQ1SqE
03.03.2008 - 18:45
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Introspekrieg on 03.03.2008 at 13:22

Is it just me or does Nirvana's "Come As You Are" sound like a rip-off of KJ's "Eighties" from Night Time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zlf_17hecY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ifG_zQ1SqE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_As_You_Are_%28Nirvana_song%29#Killing_Joke_controversy
----
Your favorite band sucks.
04.03.2008 - 13:41
Deadsoulman

Woo, the dates in Paris are on week end days so I might be able to catch them!
07.03.2008 - 00:57
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Thryce on 03.03.2008 at 18:45

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_As_You_Are_%28Nirvana_song%29#Killing_Joke_controversy

Well, I guess there is some honor in actually admitting it...
And if that's all they wanted to hear... good for them.

Although they deserve the recognition and monetary compensation for their creativity.
08.10.2008 - 13:43
NickeyBaby
Account deleted
Hey there
I was at the both the gigs in London and they were amazing!
Even better is that I can listen to those gigs over and over again. They were selling live recordings each night - best idea a UK company ever had!
You can still get the cds at www.concertlive.co.uk

Just thought I'd let you know
/Nickey

Hits total: 3390 | This month: 5