Metal Storm logo
Primal Fear - Guitarist Quits The Band

Guitarists Stefan Leibing has posted the following statement on the band's website:

Dear Primal Fear fans,

After 10 years being in Primal Fear I have decided to take a time out from the music business for some time. I do this for my family, especially for my two little sons, who deserve to have more time together with their father. Of course this is no easy decision, even if I know this is the right one.
I leave the guys from Primal Fear in friendship and want to thank them at this point for their understanding and supporting me in this decision.I also want to thank you fans for a wonderful time during the last years! I say goodbye to you, having in mind, that this will NOT be a goodbye forever!

Best regards,
Stefan

The band has posted the following comment:

Well it's hard to see the curtain fall for a friend and a great player after ten years standing side by side. We have all respect for Stefan's decision. We were realizing the problems he went through the entire last year. He will be missed as a character and a great guitar player. There's an open door for Stefan in Primal Fear and we're working on the possibility, that Stefan will contribute a typical Stefan style song to our forthcoming album! Good luck Stefan to you and your family!

The band has also pointed out that both Stefan Leibing and Klaus Sperling will perform with Primal Fear at the 10 years anniversary concert in Reichenbach @ H2O and will be on stage for some special songs incl. a meet & greet.

UPDATED on 4 March:

New guitarist already found! Magnus Karlsson from Sweden. Magnus is known from his excellent work as a guitarist, songwriter and producer for Allen/Lande, Magnum's Bob Catley, Starbreaker and many more. More info here.

Source: primalfear.de
Band profile: Primal Fear
Event: Primal Fear: 10 Years Of Metal
Posted: 03.03.2008 by Bararey

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 96 users
03.03.2008 - 18:40
Baz Anderson

damn...
that's the only thing that comes to mind straight away. of course he needs to spend time with his family though
03.03.2008 - 20:21
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Hope they can get a good replacement! One of the guitarists in Swedish maybemost famous pop/rock band Kent quited last year, and they continued with one guitarist - I hope Primal Fear doesn't take that way!
03.03.2008 - 22:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Damn a legend dies
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.03.2008 - 22:16
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
what the fuck!? noooooo!!!
03.03.2008 - 22:37
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Bad news, but still his choice.
04.03.2008 - 03:15
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Yeah family comes first, I don't blame him his decision, too bad though.
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
04.03.2008 - 08:42
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
for real. stefan leibing is incredible. though i think primal fear are going in a more commercial direction anyway. good timing. its not going to be the same though
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.03.2008 - 11:13
Opium
Account deleted
Bad news, as said, but it's not a big loss, given that PF are dead as it is.

Personally, I'd say they should have quit after Devil's Ground, had it been a choice to become more commercial or end the band's history then and there.
04.03.2008 - 20:00
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Baz Anderson on 03.03.2008 at 18:40

damn...
that's the only thing that comes to mind straight away. of course he needs to spend time with his family though

Well, Primal Fear has lowered a lot their level IMO, but it's still a big loss. It's like when (saving the distances of course) Michael Bogballe left Mnemic
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
04.03.2008 - 20:19
Baz Anderson

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 04.03.2008 at 20:00

Well, Primal Fear has lowerted a lto their level IMO, but it's stilñl a big loss. It's like when (saving teh distances of course) Michael Bogballe left Mnemic

were you drunk when you typed that? haha
well even still, I did enjoy the new album a lot
04.03.2008 - 21:24
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Baz Anderson on 04.03.2008 at 20:19

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 04.03.2008 at 20:00

Well, Primal Fear has lowered a lot their level IMO, but it's still a big loss. It's like when (saving the distances of course) Michael Bogballe left Mnemic

were you drunk when you typed that? haha
well even still, I did enjoy the new album a lot

No I was not, c'mon! It's tuesday, 2:23 PM, and I'm at work... Besides I don't drink... If you say it for the mistakes, I forgot to correct them. I don't know what happened with me

Well, it's not a bad album, but it's not an amazing album either.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
04.03.2008 - 21:51
Thryce
Retired Staff
New guitarist already found! Magnus Karlsson from Sweden. Magnus is known from his excellent work as a guitarist, songwriter and producer for Allen/Lande, Magnum's Bob Catley, Starbreaker and many more. More info here.
----
Your favorite band sucks.

Hits total: 3897 | This month: 5