02. Time To Make A Stand
03. Theater Of Pain
04. Lost Academy
05. Mysteries Of The Stars
06. Phantoms
07. Celestia
08. A King's Crown For A Wealthy Weak
09. Rise

"Resolutio" is the first album of Auxpex, a band which comes from France. I had the chance to review their first demo "Mysteries Of The Stars", I was expecting a lot of great things from this band and I can tell you now that they confirm all my hopes with this first album. A lot more complex and even Progressive than the demo, this album is a great surprise (or a great confirmation, as you want?). If you use to listen to complex Symphonic Metal I can tell you that this release will be a must for you!

Auspex plays Symphonic Metal that's right but this is really complex and even Progressive on a side! I mean that the songs are long with some exceptional symphonic arrangement (that's classy really!), that we have also some fast double bass drum rhythms but it doesn't sound cliché and the keyboards are so important and so "proggy"(a bit la Ayreon or that it gives something else and new to this music. All in all, the first album of Auspex is a great album full of nice melodies with great guitars riffs and soli and with a soul and a lot of deepness, I will not say that it's the album of the year but for a first release the goal is scored and I'm already ready to bet some money on this combo they have the potentiality to become big and famous?

Auspex is composed of a bunch of good musician and Elodie, their singer, is really good too. Well, she will maybe have to work a bit on her English accent and I think that she should prefer to use here really great heavy loud voice instead of her symphonic one but her performance is good and will be better with time. With the production, there is nothing to say too, and you know like me that it must be great with Symphonic bands which all have a great professional sound "made in Germany or finland" in general? "Resolutio" is a good release which features some catchy songs and real hits like "Time to Make a Stand" or "Rise", if you didn't find anything for you in this category this year maybe that "Resolutio" will be a way to satisfy you? Auspex is a young band, they're not perfect but really promising with a strong potential so give to this band the chance that it deserves please.

If you pretend to like Symphonic Power and think that you have good musical tastes, don't miss "Resolutio". This first album is a great first release and I hope you'll find a way to buy this album. With its lovely mix of Power and Progressive music, Auspex proves that we can still write good original in musical genre which is clearly saturated by a ton of "garbage" albums nowadays. Let's hope that Auspex will follow this way!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 8
Production: 9

Written by Jeff | 01.01.2008

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 28 users
04.03.2008 - 11:39
annodomini

Thisa album reminds me Magica a bit, but Auspex is much more prafessional and much more interesting. Really good music, i think we will hear about them in the future.
----
the riddle wants to be...
07.02.2010 - 06:50
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I had no idea that this band was featured here in MS, what a surprise. I heard this album some time ago, It was quite good, maybe not amazing, but enjoyable for sure. My favorite song is "Theater Of Pain", it has a really nice ending. A very promising album, I hope this band will improve their sound in the future.
Good review Jeff.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 5822 | This month: 6