Metal Storm logo
Brutal Legend

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 05.03.2008 - 15:15
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Br%C3%BCtal_Legend i don't know about you but i'm just dying for this game to come out, it all seems so awesome!
12.01.2010 - 17:15
Brogkul

This is a great game, I recommend it to anyone who likes both Metal and videogames. Even if you don´t like games at all, the intro will definitely bring a smile to your face.

I never liked anything done by Jack Black, but he does an excellent job in the game. The story is outstanding, you have the Metal Gods who shape the fate of the land. The scenery is breathtaking, and the gameplay is remarkably good. Who needs a jump button when you can blast your enemies to oblivion by playing guitar solos.

The soundtrack complements the game perfectly. There´s a wide variety of bands and genres to keep most metalheads happy throughout the game.

The only downside is that the game is too short and easy. On Brutal difficulty you can finish the game in 10 hours, with all the secondary missions and upgrades done.
----
"The Sly One"
13.01.2010 - 06:53
Immortal

Wow, there's some decent reviews on this game here! Think I might get it now, I did hear in some others places that it wasn't too great but they were probably stinkin-non-metalheads!
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
27.06.2011 - 19:29
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
Extremely good game. For every metalhead
28.06.2011 - 05:46
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
The soundtrack is mindblowing. Got me into bands from genres I didn't even know existed.
Aside from that, the story, voice-acting, beautiful enviroment and gameplay definatley make this game exceptional and a must-have for Metalheads and maybe even some non-metalheads.
God, I hope they're gonna make a sequel sometime.
28.06.2011 - 20:16
Mattybu

Brutal Legend was a really fun game to play through. My only problem, is once you're done, there's not too much to do. You can collect stuff, like those bound serpents (which having 117 is fucking terribl, that's where I'm at). And drive around. That's pretty much all there is to do. Nobody is online.

The thing is, that single player campaign was just so good. Fantastic music, great storyline, fun gameplay, just a solid awesome game.

As for those hoping for a sequel, sorry to disappoint you but double fine scrapped Brutal Legend 2 and instead said they'd be focusing on making 4 indie-style games. That was last year in July, so I think a couple are out already.
09.07.2011 - 01:54
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
It was an OK game.. I have more fun playing FPS, MOBA or RPGs and listening to my own music though
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
09.07.2011 - 12:31
JÄY
Metal slave
Shoulda been a movie
14.07.2011 - 02:21
Yojimbo

I enjoyed this game a lot. I think it pretty much turned me on to black metal (which is what I listen to most now). The only bm band I listened to was Dimmu Borgir but Brutal Legend introduced me to Enslaved, Emperor, and even though I'd heard about them, Cradle of Filth. Well, I guess it's between Brutal Legend and Global Metal (which introduced me to a bunch of black metal bands, as well).

But the game was cool. The gameplay was alright. I mostly enjoyed the dialogue and the soundtrack. And driving around running animals over.
14.07.2011 - 03:06
Mattybu

Written by Yojimbo on 14.07.2011 at 02:21

I enjoyed this game a lot. I think it pretty much turned me on to black metal (which is what I listen to most now). The only bm band I listened to was Dimmu Borgir but Brutal Legend introduced me to Enslaved, Emperor, and even though I'd heard about them, Cradle of Filth. Well, I guess it's between Brutal Legend and Global Metal (which introduced me to a bunch of black metal bands, as well).

But the game was cool. The gameplay was alright. I mostly enjoyed the dialogue and the soundtrack. And driving around running animals over.

Same here man. I had heard of plenty of bands in the game, even some of the black metal ones, but by listening to them while playing I got to liking them. And I agree on the gameplay, it was alright. Not fantastic, just good. What set the game apart was the atmosphere, dialogue, and just the amount of personality it had. I had a lot of fun with it, but I rarely play it anymore.
23.07.2011 - 12:54
whatsacow

It was pretty good, although the mix of hack and slash and rts doesnt work that well...
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
23.07.2011 - 16:06
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by whatsacow on 23.07.2011 at 12:54

It was pretty good, although the mix of hack and slash and rts doesnt work that well...

Tr00. IMO, it would have been better if it was only a hack and slash game.
25.07.2011 - 10:11
DM613

Wow, tactuality's some appropriate reviews on this bold actuality! anticipate I ability get it now, I did apprehend in some others places that it wasn't too abundant but they were apparently stinkin-non-metalheads!
26.07.2011 - 00:47
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Written by Guest on 23.07.2011 at 16:06

Yeah, or could have been done a lot better. Like 2-3 min "rounds" where you hack n slash, then in between you make the strategic rts decisions like which troops to buy, where to station them etc.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
26.07.2011 - 00:53
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Death To Posers on 26.07.2011 at 00:47

Yeah, or could have been done a lot better. Like 2-3 min "rounds" where you hack n slash, then in between you make the strategic rts decisions like which troops to buy, where to station them etc.

Could be. But I prefer it 100% hack and slash. I didn't really enjoy the stage battles as much as driving the car rocking to some kickass METAL!!
26.07.2011 - 01:02
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Written by Guest on 26.07.2011 at 00:53

Could be. But I prefer it 100% hack and slash. I didn't really enjoy the stage battles as much as driving the car rocking to some kickass METAL!!

Yeah that's true. RTS and Metal don't really go together, cause then you'll be all like "FUCKIT ATTACK!!"
----
26.07.2011 - 01:10
Mattybu

I liked the RTS parts. If you want you can get right up in the battle hacking and slashing, just you have to make units to take with you. I will say this much, considering how much of a huge potential for failure there was, just being average was kind of an accomplishment for the RTS parts. RTS's on consoles are much harder to pull off than on PC, and it wasn't really bad or broken.
26.07.2011 - 02:24
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Death To Posers on 26.07.2011 at 01:02

Written by Guest on 26.07.2011 at 00:53

Yeah that's true. RTS and Metal don't really go together, cause then you'll be all like "FUCKIT ATTACK!!"

Yes. Eddie, for example, tells his troops:"Everything in that general direction MUST DIE!"