Metal Storm logo
Death Angel

05.03.2008 - 21:49
Hellish Star
No results found when I use the search button..

Anyway, the new Death Angel sounds fantastic; aggressive, melodic, emotional, melancholi, thrashy...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
05.03.2008 - 22:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this is good band awsoem band and I hera thay will realise new album in 2008 but I only like from The Ultra-Violence till Act III
3 studio + one live, after it it not my type of band, Im old school fan
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.03.2008 - 22:27
Charly546
"The Ultra-Violence" is really good, rifftastic thrash album. But sadly it's their absolute best and everything else released by them doesn't even come close.
06.03.2008 - 01:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Death Angel is one of my favorite thrash bands. The Ultra-Violence and Act III are amazingly fresh and creative thrash albums, and I still hear other bands directly stealing riffs from those albums (the only one I can remember atm is The Red Hot Chili Peppers). I haven't heard the entirety of Frolic Through the Park though (I've only heard Bored and I love that song), and from what I hear from everyone it's pretty bad. I read somewhere that they were rushed and had an extremely limited timeframe to finish it. I also like The Art of Dying, but I haven't listened to it nearly as much as the others.

As for the new album, I only listened to it once, but I thought it was very mediocre. I'm willing to give it another chance though, because it's Death Angel and because it has received positive responses.
06.03.2008 - 12:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 06.03.2008 at 01:48

As for the new album, I only listened to it once, but I thought it was very mediocre. I'm willing to give it another chance though, because it's Death Angel and because it has received positive responses.

That was my first impression as well. But after twenty spins or so the album has grown immensely on me and it is a really good album.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.06.2008 - 11:05
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Wow, it's actually a little of a shock that the thread was created in 2008. The band is indeed a very good one. Right now I'm listening to The Art of Dying. And it's so pleasant to hear some good thrash. The last album is great as well.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
05.07.2008 - 12:58
Timelord
I remember picking up "The Ultra Violence" when it came out. Was awesome then and still is to this day. Frolic through the park lacked the same vibe for me as the first though. I tried time and again to get into it but never did. Act III was a step up for sure. I saw them in I think 1988 in Nashville,TN with I wanna say The Cro-mags and I remember the guys kicking around a soccer ball before the show. Some were still high School age back then. Great Band and I'm glad to see em back along with some of the other old school bands.
16.07.2008 - 03:12
Conemetal
"Act III" is the greatest album of Death Angel, for me, and after this album (1990) I lost them for long time, (was not easy get good music in my country some years ago), I found some of "The Organization", the band of some of Death Angel members, but notthing was near to be so good like "Act III" or "Frolic Throug the Park". Some years after, I liked a lot "The Art of Dying".
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
07.07.2010 - 23:49
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
09.07.2010 - 05:30
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Death Angel are a really great band. Their first 3 albums contain some classic stuff, and their two comeback albums have been very good also. xD Its amazing to think how young they were when they recorded the 1st 3 albums...

'Killing Season' is a grower, (although 3 songs I loved right away, like 'Sonic Beatdown') but it is an awesome album once it gets its hooks in. Death Angel have always struck me as being a more serious version of Anthrax. Probably because Mark Osegueda sings clean like Joey Belladonna. Even if he doesnt have the same range.
09.07.2010 - 16:20
vezzy
Stallmanite
Death Angel is classic, especially The Ultra-Violence and Act III. The Art of Dying is their best from since their reunion. I didn't like Killing Season, it felt a bit different, but not in a good way. That and "God vs. God" was so out of place and lacked any thrash feel.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
10.09.2022 - 08:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Posted 10h ago from my post on bands Faceboom page

“I regret to inform all of our fans in Phoenix, Arizona that due to our tour bus breaking down Death Angel will not be able to make it to tonight’s show with Testament and [band]Exodus[/band9..
We have tried other solutions but they didn’t pan out.
Death Angel is not a band that takes cancellations lightly..
We live for being on the stage.
We promise to make it up to you in the future..
The problem is being remedied and we will rejoin The Bay Strikes Back tour tomorrow in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Thank you for your understanding..”
Mark Osegueda

----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing